Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I would love to see some good supernatural stuff only removed from the regular part of the MU. Characters like Blade get hurt much more than helped by the shared universe because the existence of superheroes makes vampires rather puny.
    I do not see that the existence of superheroes makes vampires rather puny.
    Regardless, I'm glad Blade is featured in Spirits of Vengeance #1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    it is a niche of a niche genre.

I think the demand may be too small.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Ever hear of a comic called The Walking Dead? Done right it can be huge.
    I think so too, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    isnt that the same with cosmic marvel? those characters are doing great after the movie though.
    On screen, yes as comicbook series?

BANNED

Werewolf by Night #2 Nov 1972
    The Hunter---and the Hunted!
    Jack is captured by Mark Cephalos,

who wants to capture the energy released by the werewolf transformation.

Script by Gerry Conway, pencils by Mike Ploog, inks by Frank Chiaramonte

BANNED

Tomb of Dracula #5 Nov 1972
    "Death to a Vampire-Slayer!"

Can even the mighty Taj survive with the Lord of Vampires after going through the Demon Mirror?!

Written by Gardner F. Fox. Art by Gene Colan and Tom Palmer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    I did like that they try to give Jack(Werewolf by Night) the Constantine treatment in Strange Tales and in Daredevil but then Marvel say the hell with that and re-made him to a lame wolverine wannabe.
    I'd like for marvel comics to try again but this time without making the character a lame Wolverine wannabe.

Mighty Member

Anyone been reading Spirits of Vengeance? Thoughts?

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Anyone been reading Spirits of Vengeance? Thoughts?
    I'm pretty much enjoying it so far; the art is great, the story well granted not the most original when it comes to Judas silver as a weapon, not happy that Blade has been use as wallpaper but that's nothing new when it comes to Eric joining a team. I happy that the Hellstorm siblings father wasn't retcon in being Mephisto or demons are aliens from another galaxy like they did with the Asgard gods.

Mighty Member

I'm pretty much enjoying it so far; the art is great, the story well granted not the most original when it comes to Judas silver as a weapon, not happy that Blade has been use as wallpaper but that's nothing new when it comes to Eric joining a team. I happy that the Hellstorm siblings father wasn't retcon in being Mephisto or demons are aliens from another galaxy like they did with the Asgard gods.
    Yea..that's the bit that's weird to me. I don't really see why they needed Blade or Satanna for the story. Ghost Rider makes short work of all the enemies. Hellstrom solves all the mystery. Satanna and Blade went on a mini side quest that didn't amount to much, and don't do much other than that.

It does look beautiful though. Blade and Blaze riding to the meeting looked great.

Yea..that's the bit that's weird to me. I don't really see why they needed Blade or Satanna for the story. Ghost Rider makes short work of all the enemies. Hellstrom solves all the mystery. Satanna and Blade went on a mini side quest that didn't amount to much, and don't do much other than that.

It does look beautiful though. Blade and Blaze riding to the meeting looked great.
    I hope there is a splash page of Eric and Johnny all hellblazing, gun blasting, sword slashing masterpiece.

I feel this mini is just a Introduction of these characters so when that Doc Strange story starts.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'd like for marvel comics to try again but this time without making the character a lame Wolverine wannabe.
    I keep waiting for him to show up in Moon Knight just for a classic misunderstanding barfight that involves Gambit cheating at a card game.

Mighty Member

I hope there is a splash page of Eric and Johnny all hellblazing, gun blasting, sword slashing masterpiece.

I feel this mini is just a Introduction of these characters so when that Doc Strange story starts.
    I kinda get the sense it was meant to an on-going but Marvel didn't have confidence, but the sales are strong for a mini-series..think Marvel underplayed their hand there. this team getting a tie-in during Damnation would've been pretty cool, since most of the characters will be in it either way.

BANNED

Werewolf by Night #3 Jan 1973
    The Mystery Of The Mad Monk!
    Father Ramon Joquez, who was studying the Darkhold for Jack,

is possessed by Aelfric who was trapped in the Darkhold.

Script by Gerry Conway, pencils by Mike Ploog, inks by Frank Chiaramonte

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clark

I do not believe in the supernatural or that anything is actually using anything or happening outside the laws of physics {applicable to real life and fiction}.

It is much more plausible that "magic" users are tapping into and manipulating an ancient energy field encompassing the planet and maybe entire solar systems and galaxies {quantum field theory/string theory end product interstellar generators} built by type 3 civilisation aliens or in this case a new theoretical type 4 { https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale } and they have some sort of genetic predisposition or some sort of minute physiological/quantum scale variation allowing them to mind-computer interface with this field.
    Last edited by Cosmicbeing; 02-08-2018 at 12:38 AM.

BANNED

Tomb of Dracula #6 Jan 1973
    "The Moorlands Monster!"
    Dracula and Lenore return to 20th century England

as the vampire hunters pursue them.

Written by Gardner F. Fox. Art by Gene Colan and Tom Palmer.

BANNED

I keep waiting for him to show up in Moon Knight just for a classic misunderstanding barfight that involves Gambit cheating at a card game.
    All for it!