Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default What about the Supernatural?

Does anyone really miss the Supernatural side of Marvel? I mean, Constantine is getting a TV show, Guilermo will (someday) make JL: Dark, The Strain is a hit, all clues that horror is in. It's the ideal time for Marvel to start putting out some dark books but we currently have none. Moon Knight was the closest thing and I guess ANGR could be considered a SPN book, but it mostly reads like a normal super hero book.

I can't be the only one who wants a Doc Strange and Midnight Sons/Dark Avengers title, now am I? T-Bolts is ending so why not create a new DA book with Johhny, Strange, MK, Morbius, Man-Thing and all these great characters that have been forgotten? The possibilities are endless. You can have them tackle cults, hell lords, worshipers and strange creatures. This really is a missed opportunity.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 08-13-2014 at 02:36 PM.

The Uncanny Avengers Annual had a great "Avengers of the Supernatural" line up. It'd be cool if they leveraged that into a more regular thing.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    The Uncanny Avengers Annual had a great "Avengers of the Supernatural" line up. It'd be cool if they leveraged that into a more regular thing.
    I read that and it was pretty great. I don't really care for Manphibian though so my preferred line-up would be something like this:

1)Moon Knight
    2)Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider
    3)Magik
    4)Doctor Strange
    5)Scarlet Witch or Elsa Bloodstone
    6)Blade
    7)Morbius
    8)Spider-Man Noir (I hope he makes it out of Spider-Verse and finds his way to 616)
    +
    Man-Thing and the Werewolf for support.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Unfortunately the line up was the only thing great about that Annual; Remender really dropped the ball with it.

It's a shame because I was totally psyched at the prospect of a new series launching from it, but alas...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

it is a niche of a niche genre.

I think the demand may be too small.

BANNED

I would love to see some good supernatural stuff only removed from the regular part of the MU. Characters like Blade get hurt much more than helped by the shared universe because the existence of superheroes makes vampires rather puny.

We'll be getting a Dr Strange book though in the next year or two. With the movie in pre production you can bet Marvel will push a series soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post

Ever hear of a comic called The Walking Dead? Done right it can be huge.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post

isnt that the same with cosmic marvel? those characters are doing great after the movie though.

Ultimate Member

There was that Morbius series and I think Legion of Monsters with Bloodstone, and they did release that previously shelved Man Thing story a while back. But yeah, horror comics are slowly finding their place at indie companies, it'd be nice to see Marvel make a ongoing commitment.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I did like that they try to give Jack(Werewolf by Night) the Constantine treatment in Strange Tales and in Daredevil but then Marvel say the hell with that and re-made him to a lame wolverine wannabe. By the way, is he still dating Elsa Bloodstone? cause in Fearless Defenders it wasn't really confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Unfortunately the line up was the only thing great about that Annual; Remender really dropped the ball with it.

It's a shame because I was totally psyched at the prospect of a new series launching from it, but alas...
    I have to respectfully disagree, I thought the Annual was really a highpoint of the series. I do agree it is disappointing that a new series didn't launch from it.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Marvel needs to launch 2 books:

First is Mystic Avengers with Dr. Strange, Magik, Hellstrom, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Scarlet Witch.

Second is Legion of Monsters built along an Agent of S.H.A.D.E. equivalent for Marvel.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

If the sells for the two Supernatural based Annuals did well we may see one or both in the near future. I really liked what I had seen in the New Avengers Annual. It might as well have been a new #1 Doctor Strange solo. That could be a great ongoing creative team for that character. The Uncanny Avengers Annual really was different and good but not as great as it should have been if it just featured the Supernatural Avengers. We keep getting teases from that side of the Marvel U but nothing concrete. With the "inversion" happening in the next six months it would be the perfect time to throw out another Dark Avengers book using occult characters instead of villains. It really is time for Marvel to dive in again and I'm sure they are more aware than it seems.

BANNED

I think that it practically writes itself. Since Strange is using Blood Magic now you could say that he opened a portal to another dimension. This gives the various Hell-Lords the opportunity to strike. The slowly build up an army in order to hit Earth. Since this is his mistake, Strange assembles the people with the necessary skills in order to take them down. There, here's your premise, now get to writting!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Well, we know a Strange book is going to happen, it's just a matter of time. Also, Axel recently said in one of the A-I-C's that they were looking to do something with Marvel Zombies. Perhaps that's just another mini but who knows? I would love to see it cross over with the main MU at some point as the summer event.

I think we definitely need a team book. My vote goes to Legion of Monsters but a Midnight Sons/Mystic Avengers/Dark Avengers book is probably more likely. Especially if they teamed up what I consider the "Big 3" supernatural characters in Strange, Blade and Ghost Rider.