Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'd love to see a new marvel supernatural book. If done right it could be great. It should be dark in my opinion. And they have cool characters like Dr Strange, Magik, Blade and so on, it could be a really cool book. But I've never really been too interested in Marvel's supernatural side though. I do love Supernatural stories and that genre in general but if I want something magical I usually go to DC comics, where they have great stuff like Zatanna and I'm loving Justice League Dark. They have a good title there, it's different.

So much potential for a Midnight Sons/Dark Avengers book.

Remender's UA one-shot was awesome and gave us a glimpse of what a supernatural book might look like. With the right premise and creative team, and God forbid actual marketing, they could really pull this off and make a great book.

So many supernatural elements have been used in books that aren't supernatural at all. Agent Venom had that Nazi occult arc, New Avengers had Strange sell his soul, Mighty Avengers has the current Blade/70's MA story arc, Bendis's New Avengers had the Hood and Dormammu for a while and then had the whole Sorcerer Supreme/ Dr Voodoo stuff going on and Moon Knight has had shades of supernatural themes as well. Really a shame Marvel isn't already putting a book out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    So much potential for a Midnight Sons/Dark Avengers book.

Remender's UA one-shot was awesome and gave us a glimpse of what a supernatural book might look like. With the right premise and creative team, and God forbid actual marketing, they could really pull this off and make a great book.

So many supernatural elements have been used in books that aren't supernatural at all. Agent Venom had that Nazi occult arc, New Avengers had Strange sell his soul, Mighty Avengers has the current Blade/70's MA story arc, Bendis's New Avengers had the Hood and Dormammu for a while and then had the whole Sorcerer Supreme/ Dr Voodoo stuff going on and Moon Knight has had shades of supernatural themes as well. Really a shame Marvel isn't already putting a book out.
    I know, right! They use their ideas on other books when they could very easily find a home in a SPN book.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I know, right! They use their ideas on other books when they could very easily find a home in a SPN book.
    And then there are the loose ends they ignore!

- Hellstrom teasing his comeback
    - Jennifer Kale's death
    - The Hood returning
    - Hellstrom's clones running around
    - MI:13/ Pete Wisdom being completely ignored
    - Voodoo's return
    - The Hell Lords power balance they teased
    - Angela (who for some reason they connect to Thor and Asgard)

BANNED

And then there are the loose ends they ignore!

- Hellstrom teasing his comeback
    - Jennifer Kale's death
    - The Hood returning
    - Hellstrom's clones running around
    - MI:13/ Pete Wisdom being completely ignored
    - Voodoo's return
    - The Hell Lords power balance they teased
    - Angela (who for some reason they connect to Thor and Asgard)
    Plus the Blood Bible stuff and how the hell Danny got depowered.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Ever hear of a comic called The Walking Dead? Done right it can be huge.
    Less about zombies and more about group mind...

BANNED

thank the gods im not the only one, we need fucking magic, im so fucking sick and tired of time travel and space time continum ****, I NEED BLADE AND MAGIK KILLING STUFF TOGETHER

Plus the Blood Bible stuff and how the hell Danny got depowered.
    They never did explain the white uniform or the whole "Champion of the Visante" or whatever. So many things with Bendis's run just faded to nowhere, especially concerning the supernatural elements. Would be nice if someone bothered to pick them up.

BANNED

They never did explain the white uniform or the whole "Champion of the Visante" or whatever. So many things with Bendis's run just faded to nowhere, especially concerning the supernatural elements. Would be nice if someone bothered to pick them up.
    Also, Magik is currently carrying all of Limbo inside her. What's up with that? And where the hell did Dormammu go?

BANNED

Also, Magik is currently carrying all of Limbo inside her. What's up with that? And where the hell did Dormammu go?
    dead or she let him go ( yes she could kill, the sword)

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Ever hear of a comic called The Walking Dead? Done right it can be huge.
    completely different that is a self contained world. It is not constrained by any of the limits that books in the MU are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    isnt that the same with cosmic marvel? those characters are doing great after the movie though.
    To a degree I suppose that is true but I honestly don't know how GOTG and Nova are selling so I can't address that . It is probably a larger niche though.

Look at how much of the DC dark line is already gone. It is not impossible but I think the best chance would be with character separate from the MU either another universe or just leave them to the side. Death would have to mean something too.

I'll support whatever has a well written, cool Doctor/Brother Voodoo.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

-Terror Inc. and The Howling Commandos: Terror, Vampire by Night, WarWolf, Clone of Frankenstein and Lilith daughter of Dracula.
    -Fearsome Foursome: Marcus(Half Centaur-Half Werewolf, bonded with a symbiote), XZAX(Brood bounty hunter and possibly Marcus lover), Mummy and Frankenstein creation.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Marvel needs to launch 2 books:

First is Mystic Avengers with Dr. Strange, Magik, Hellstrom, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Scarlet Witch.

Second is Legion of Monsters built along an Agent of S.H.A.D.E. equivalent for Marvel.
    Sign me up for the second one; the only way i'd read the first one is if brother Voodoo were in there somewhere.