Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Angela (who for some reason they connect to Thor and Asgard)
    I think they are trying to connect Angels with Norse mythology and a mysterious 10th realm they created

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Gregory Wright!!!

Morbius: The Living Vampire Nos. 9-15 and Nightstalkers No. 9 (Marvel, cover dates May- November, 1993)
    Writer: Gregory Wright (Morbius 9-15)
    Artists: Ron Wagner (Penciler- Morbius Nos. 9-14), Mike Witherby (Inker- Morbius Nos. 9-12), Don Heck (Inker- Nightstalkers No. 9), Andrew Pepoy (Inker- Morbius Nos. 13-15), and others.

Issue 9 was part two of a three part crossover with Dr. Strange Nos. 52 and 53. Issue 10 is Part one of a four part crossover with Nightstalkers, which continues in Nightstalkers No. 8, then Issue 11 and concludes in Nightstalkers No. 9.
    Issue 12 was part four of the Midnight Massacre crossover event.

Morbius becomes closer to an undead vampire in these issues. The further he descends, the cheesier it gets. The sad thing is that I would happily snap up this dreck in a trade paperback.
    When I campaign for Morbius collections, I am normally thinking about the '70s Adventures Into Fear run and Vampire Tales (which we thankfully have in those weird sized “graphic novel” trade paperbacks). It has also been nice to see Morbius appear in The Amazing Spider-Man and Marvel Team-Up Marvel Masterworks hardcovers.

BANNED

Don Perlin's life needs to continue...

Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 12-26-2015 at 05:10 AM.

BANNED

BANNED

Happy Birthday Ann "Annie" Nocenti!!!

Thank you for the Nightmare series with Joe Bennett as the pencil artist!
    http://www.comicvine.com/roxanne/4005-65397/

BANNED

Also, thank you for co-creating Blackheart!

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday "Our Pal" Sal Buscema!!!

Thanks for your art on Marvel Spotlight #20-24 starring Son of Satan Daimon Hellstrom
    http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...y-celebration/
    http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-sal-buscema/

BANNED

Happy Birthday Joe Bennett!!!

Thanks for the ASTOUNDING art in Spider-Man Unlimited # 20 featuring Lilith, Simon Garth The Zombie and Hannibal King! http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man-...wn/4000-57304/

BANNED

Happy Birthday Ron Wilson!!!

Of course everyone knows names like Kirby, Buscema, Romita, and Colan, but there is a plethora of other guys (and girls), that need to be given a great deal of credit for the success of Marvel Comics. These others helped forge a new pathway, and their number needs to be counted. Like Ron Wilson who deserves more respect than he’s gotten over the years.
    From his great run on titles like Marvel Two-in-One, to more obscure titles like Chamber of Chills...
    http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blogspot.nl/2013/02/famous-first-fridays-ron-wilsons-debut.html
    http://ohdannyboy.blogspot.nl/2010/0...on-wilson.html

BANNED

So, maybe change the thread title to "The Big Marvel Happy Birthday Thread" then?

Until we get some actual news, what's there to talk about?

Dr. Strange is doing solid sales at least! Might help the case for more supernatural presence in the MU. No news on Blade yet.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post

Dr. Strange is doing solid sales at least! Might help the case for more supernatural presence in the MU. No news on Blade yet.
    Let's hope the sales mean more Supernatural titles, but, honestly, Strange is my least favourite book each month. I just can't bring myself to drop it, because, well, it's the first Strange book in decades. Though, the characterization has been a bit better the last few issues, so that's half a plus I guess...

I've only noticed how out of character he's sounded in the last couple issues, though I'll admit I was never huge on Strange. I think the plot is great and the direction is solid. Magic in the MU needed some rules and I think Aaron's doing a decent job with it so far. And I'm also one of the seemingly few who really like Bachalo's style.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

I've only noticed how out of character he's sounded in the last couple issues, though I'll admit I was never huge on Strange. I think the plot is great and the direction is solid. Magic in the MU needed some rules and I think Aaron's doing a decent job with it so far. And I'm also one of the seemingly few who really like Bachalo's style.
    During the first or so issues Stephen was wildly OOC. He's usually calm, collected and calculating. He doesn't forget spells or make out with Demon-Ladies. Either way, #4 was a tad better (it's the last one I read), but the "training" scene was again, sorta OOC and far too goofy. As for the art, I like it. It's not my favourite, but I don't have anything against it.

BANNED

I don't know. This is effectively a dead thread.

And these birthday things are a) thread necromancy, b) off topic, and c) deserving of their own thread .