Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Nope not just you before infinite frontier the only book i was Collecting was Wonder Woman and i stop collecting that because they decided to keep that Stupid origin for Donna Troy and the other was Rebirth Titans and i only stayed w that til they changed the Group again wasn't really feeling the Ms Martain being Chaperone to the like's of Donna.Dick and Raven like real ly DC.and now the only Book i'm instrested in is Justice League thank God for Marvel at least they take chances with different Team Books.

I'm probably reading less DC than I was when I last posted here, whenever that was. And back then I think I was reading less than I had been too. So my pull has continued to shrink. But that's across the board, for all publishers, and I'm reading more DC than anything else at the moment.

I'm pulling....Action and Superman, JL, Wonder Woman, Harley, Nightwing....and that might be it. Naomi season 2, whenever that hits. JSA, if that's ever a thing again. And if word is good on a book I'll grab that, probably in trade.

From Marvel I'm only reading Thor.

I might not have any indies on my pull at all right now, I think everything I was reading ended or the shutdown put me so far behind I forgot about them. I did order the last ten Invincible trades last week though, to finish the collection. Have the floppies, but I prefer trades and those are getting hard to find now that the cartoon has hit.

The drought during the shutdown killed the comics habit for me, and it's yet to really revive.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I am also on reducing the pull list.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I'm down to about four, when I go back in this week I'll be stopping them

I've not missed monthlies and am going full trades but even then I'm not buying all the titles I was

Likely a couple trades a month

For the first time in decades I a not reading a single DC title. I didn't even realise it at first but little by little I cancelled titles until I found there was nothing left on my list.

My pull list was down to around 3 regular series (ASM, Immortal Hulk, and Venom), along with the King In Black mini. I am adding Nightwing (issue 78 was great) & Robin from DC, Geiger & Nocterra from Image, and will add Moon Knight from Marvel when it launches in July. Venom looks to be going on Hiatus after issue 200 in June - I would guess a fall re-launch, Immortal Hulk wraps up with issue 50.
    Last edited by chachi; 04-13-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Oh I forgot, I'm reading the Other History of the DCU. Always intended to read that, but figured I'd trade wait. Then a few weeks back I'm at the LCS with my, like, two books and I figure what the hell, so I grab the first issue. Then last week my wife sees Katana on issue 3, so it becomes a insta-buy for her and I grab issue 2 as well. So now I guess I'm reading that as it comes out instead of waiting for the collection.

Damn good read. Not the kind of format or layout I had expected, but damn good.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

When this thread was first started (June 2020), I did not have any DC comic books on my pull list.

Later on I would add specific issues (like Detective Comics #1027), and then later it was issues #2 and #3 of Batman: Three Jokers after I bought issue #1 off the rack.

These days, I'll be getting Batman and Scooby-Doo Mysteries plus the one-shot Stargirl Spring Break Special. There are one-to-three more titles I might add once I buy the latest issues and see if I like them enough.

Otherwise, my pull list these days is only a few Dark Horse books that are connected to Mignola's Hellboy titles.

The only DC title I get these days is Far Sector and that’s ending with the next issue. Haven’t read Marvel in 30 years. So, my pull list will be 100% independent come June.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I can't remember a time where there wasn't one of these threads. No matter the quality of the books, someone's pull list is always dwindling and someone is coming in with unbridled passion for what they're reading. I'm getting quite a few books currently, probably the same as a while ago, but I'm actually more interested in a lot of the core titles when before it was a litany of limited series keeping my interest.

I do feel the direction for the line seems a bit brighter, but that may have something to do with them seemingly removing Wally from editorial's personal toilet where they continued a never-ending dump on the dude and pulling the anti-charisma bullet from Dick's noggin. That certainly helps.

We'll see where I'm at in a few months once Infinite Frontier begins settling in. As the keep filling the line with more Bat books, I imagine my pull will look shorter and shorter, but who knows. Maybe they'll make a mistake and solicit an Aquaman, Green Arrow/Black Canary or JSA book and I'll have something new to throw on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh I forgot, I'm reading the Other History of the DCU. Always intended to read that, but figured I'd trade wait. Then a few weeks back I'm at the LCS with my, like, two books and I figure what the hell, so I grab the first issue. Then last week my wife sees Katana on issue 3, so it becomes a insta-buy for her and I grab issue 2 as well. So now I guess I'm reading that as it comes out instead of waiting for the collection.

Damn good read. Not the kind of format or layout I had expected, but damn good.
    It is SO good. It's my favorite thing DC has done in years, with the possible exception of King's limited series' which are in an entirely different genre. I find Other History to be positively thrilling. I wish it could become an ongoing because I never want it to end.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It is SO good. It's my favorite thing DC has done in years, with the possible exception of King's limited series' which are in an entirely different genre. I find Other History to be positively thrilling. I wish it could become an ongoing because I never want it to end.
    For real.

It's books like that, and Naomi, and Superman Smashes the Klan, and King's maxiseries, which have made me really favor miniseries and self-contained stuff. I've learned I'll take a book like that over a endless ongoing basically every single time. And that's made my pull list shrink even more than it already was, but I grab these mini's and often end up with both the floppies *and* the trade.

~ Black Panther.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

My list's actually expanded a bit from last month's, which had a meager 13 titles, to 19, although several of these are basically one-shots. Partly it's increasing lack of interest in content, but it's also become a financial matter: when comics went to $3, I called a halt, which didn't last much longer than a month; when they went to $4, that was it, and I cut back some, and then added others; but now Marvel and DC are just pricing me out of their audience with their $5 offerings. Enough, at last. I'm looking forward to Batman/Reptilian, trusting Garth Ennis to entertain, Batman Adventures, and Sensational Wonder Woman, still at the $4 mark. From Marvel...only Immortal Hulk, which is drawing to its conclusion soon, too. Six titles from Image, (an actual increase over past months), three from IDW, and one each from six other independent publishers. I've begun returning to my back issue hoard, many of which I haven't enjoyed for two or three decades, and am happily rediscovering.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I feel everything everyone has said here, but this is a damn good week for a DC fan. I've only read three issues so far this week, which means I have at least four to go. But the first issue of the Taylor/Kubert Batman mini was one of the better Batman stories I've read in a long time, Joker has been much better than I'd have imagined it would be, and Rorschach is on its way to becoming a series we'll all talk about in reverent terms for a long, long time. Some of the stuff coming out from DC lately isn't so great, but the stuff that has been good since the IF reset has been really good. And some of it will really stand the test of time.

Incredible Member

Because Infinite Frontier just started, I am at 12+ titles right now just because I want to give many new series' a try, but I do anticipate pruning to about 5 or so. Generally speaking, I'm unimpressed with the current state of comic book writing.