Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default My pull list is tiny now. Is it just me?

Hi guys.

My pull list has never been this small. I just wonder if it's just me or things are particularly bad this year regarding quality? So... the question is, are you reading the 9 main regular titles and why?

1. Justice League: Yes, I have enjoyed Venditti's issues (I read them cuz i loved his Hawkman), but mainly because Snyder's run was painfully awful. Can't wait to NOT buy Metal. Venditti leaves with issue 47, so i will drop the book.
    2. Superman/AC: My god, Bendis is so bad. Dialogs are stupid, drops ideas out of the blue, too many crossovers, never gets anywhere. And AC has JRJR on it, my least favorite artist ever So, big NO.
    3. Batman/DC: Yes, I like Tynion's work. Haven't read īTec.
    4. Wonder Woman: Nope. I love the character but her solo series are so boring I only like the one by Azzarello, which seems to be hated by hardcore fans.
    5. The Flash: Nope, Williamson is so bland and generic. Can't wait for a new writer.
    6. Green Lanten: Nope, I liked season 1 and Blackstar, but not enough to continue. It's a little too weird and it focuses too much on the "police" side of the Corps. I'm a huge GL fan and thatīs why I'm worried.
    7. Aquaman: Yes, very good job by DeConnick.

So out of 9 books I'm only getting 2. I usually get 7 out of those. Is it just me?

What about you guys?
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Hi guys.

My pull list has never been this small. I just wonder if it's just me or things are particularly bad this year regarding quality? So... the question is, are you reading the 9 main regular titles and why?

1. Justice League: Yes, I have enjoyed Venditti's issues (I read them cuz i loved his Hawkman), but mainly because Snyder's run was painfully awful. Can't wait to NOT buy Metal. Venditti leaves with issue 47, so i will drop the book.
    2. Superman/AC: My god, Bendis is so bad. Dialogs are stupid, drops ideas out of the blue, too many crossovers, never gets anywhere. And AC has JRJR on it, my least favorite artist ever So, big NO.
    3. Batman/DC: Yes, I like Tynion's work. Haven't read īTec.
    4. Wonder Woman: Nope. I love the character but her solo series are so boring I only like the one by Azzarello, which seems to be hated by hardcore fans.
    5. The Flash: Nope, Williamson is so bland and generic. Can't wait for a new writer.
    6. Green Lanten: Nope, I liked season 1 and Blackstar, but not enough to continue. It's a little too weird and it focuses too much on the "police" side of the Corps. I'm a huge GL fan and thatīs why I'm worried.
    7. Aquaman: Yes, very good job by DeConnick.

So out of 9 books I'm only getting 2. I usually get 7 out of those. Is it just me?

What about you guys?
    I am probably reading more DC then I have in a while (I'm exactly 50/50 Marvel and DC) but I'll just talk about the 9 yo mention:

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE - I'm enjoying Vendetti's issues (I also enjoyed the scope of Snyder's too) and I'm excited to see Williamson take over. I really enjoy JUSTICE LEAUGE DARK and ODYSSEY too
    2) AC/SUPERMAN - I don't read SUPERMAN but I'm actually enjoying (to my own surprise) Bendis ACTION despite not being a fan of Romita Jr's art
    3) BATMAN - Couldn't tolerate King's run but I look forward to reading Tynion's in trade, I enjoyed his DETECTIVE run.
    4) I'm enjoying Orlando's run but when he goes so do I
    5) THE FLASH - I love this title, I'm more a Wally then a Barry fan but I like what Williamson has done with the Flash family and he's made me like Barry more then I have before.
    6) GREEN LANTERN - Not for me, I'm more of a fan of the Corps then Hal
    7) AQUAMAN - Read in trade and I love it

My pull list is the lowest it’s ever been and consists of one book (Far Sector). I’m not pulling any of those titles. I never was interested in Metal and that carried over to Justice League. Bendis’ Superman didn’t hold my interest. I dropped Batman after I Am Bane. Not a fan of Tynion’s work. So, I’m still not picking Batman up. Lost interest in Wonder Woman after Rucka left. Got tired of Williamson’s Flash run and finally dropped it during Year One. Reading Green Lantern and Aquaman on DC Universe. So, I’m a year behind. But I don’t feel compelled to go out and catch up and put them on my pull list.

Haven't been interested in DC for some time. Mainly because my favorite characters are no where to be found. My list varies from 1-3 titles from DC.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My pull list has also been pretty slim as of late and is only going to get smaller with the cancellation of Shazam and me losing interest quickly in Legion of Super Heroes. Anyways, see my signature for what I'm currently collecting. I sure wish we'd get some new books from DC starring the Justice Society, the Titans(adult team), Black Lightning, Vixen, and Dr. Light(Kimiyo Hoshi).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I haven't pulled anything in 2020. I want to. DC is the only form of comics that interests me, but nothing has brought me to go buy anything. Definitely not a great output right now.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Yeah I’ll admit mines smaller and getting smaller not because I’m less interested but the stuff I follow has either ended, about to end, or were mini-series. I hope to see it grow once Death Metal is done, and regular Nightwing returns.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I haven't really been interested since Rebirth. None of the books hold my interest EXCEPT Young Justice. That's literally the only book worth buying right now, but the fact that it's the only good book sort of stifles my interest in DC overall and I stopped buying it. My pull list is 0.

I feel like nearly every book is the same. It's all kinda bland and nothing has a distinct voice. Every book LOOKS almost exactly the same, like it's the same artist every issue of every book. Nothing stands out. And writing ranges from average to mediocre to kind of bad. Many of the once stellar storytellers seems to have lost their steam. Johns' Shazam was bland. Snyder's recent output is bland. Bendis has yet to do anything eye-catching. Those three should be carrying the entire DC Universe, but they aren't. Aside from those three, who are the big DC names?

Contrast to a few years ago when everything was different. Black Canary, Midnighter, Prez, Omega Men, etc.

DC is also apparently unable to capitalize off film success in the same way Marvel does. DC had a good hit with the Shazam film but the book, which struggled with constant delays and so-so writing by Geoff Johns was mediocre at best. Same with Birds of Prey.
    Last edited by brandnewfan; 06-13-2020 at 05:49 AM.

The only DC book I'm getting these days is:
    01. Hawkman
    Which is one more than my Marvel list.
    I'm spending my money on back issues.

My pull list is small at both of the Big 2. DC is just Red Hood and The Question black label book. I did pick up Batman 90-92 at the LCS Wednesday just to see the hype over Punchline and the Designer. I will add Batman thru the Joker War arc, and then see where it goes. Marvel is mostly due to some of the books I was pulling going digital only. I am down to just ASM, Immortal Hulk, and Venom.

Mighty Member

After Shazam ends that's pretty much it for me on the DC end. I keep looking for something that genuinely draws me interest and I keep coming up zero. The marvel end would be in pretty poor shape to if it wasn't for the Hickman's X-Men reboot.

Astonishing Member

The Fraction / Lieber Jimmy Olsen maxi-series is a must on my purchasing list. I am also enjoying the John Constantine: Hellblazer continuing series, now that John is on the Black Label imprint where he belongs. I have enjoyed the Joe Hill titles on Black Label also.

I've never had a pull list. But I've been collecting some of their YA line, that's pretty good. Superman Smashes the Klan is an instant classic, Batman Overdrive was fun, and I'm looking forward to Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge.

On the more "mature" end I collected and absolutely loved Harleen. I might get Criminal Sanity from that label soon.

There's definitely a few things that interest me. Just waiting for some future announcements.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Mine shrank considerably, but that has a lot to do with the fact I moved away from my local store and only end up going back periodically. It becomes a pain to keep track of what you're up to and buy many issues at a time.

Mr. Miracle was dope.

I dropped Martian Manhunter because I didn't like the corrupt cop angle, though I love the character and am conflicted as to whether to support him. (Did anyone read past the first few issues and feel rewarded by it?)

I liked Aquaman but stopped around Drowned Earth, I collected the issues but have to figure out the reading order and get around to it. Reviews of the run afterward weren't great.

I was following Deathstroke for a long time, the latest issues I read are alright but not hitting the high notes of most of the run. I'll probably drop it.

Flash, I've been reading almost out of a sense of duty, but man I hate all these other forces, generic and stupid. Barry and his relationships are also stale. After going to my recent store I saw one of the latest issues with his dead mom on the cover yet again, the freaking bane of my fandom...I'll probably not go past what I already bought and just drop it. Which would only be the 2nd time in my life I dropped a Flash title, which was a year or so after the New 52. And sadly it's for the same reason, boring stories and a strange misuse of the lore that makes the comic feel like something strange and unfamiliar.

Hawkman is cool, though it is a bit decompressed. I'll decide after a few more issues.

I got Flash Forward and am looking to checking that out.

So yeah, slim pickings.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I was following Deathstroke for a long time, the latest issues I read are alright but not hitting the high notes of most of the run. I'll probably drop it.
    Last issue was 4 December