Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Tynion can't get into Harley's voice at all
    Its fine if you just have her say jokes and act stupid if you are have next to no familiarity with her mindset.
    Why would she want Joker dead? If she wanted Joker to die she would do it herself obviously. This is further pushed home by her own series. She wouldn't ask Batman to kill Joker either

This is a character who kills all the time why would she need someone else to kill for her?
    Imo that moment probably should have went to someone like Jason or Babs
    Having Harley deliver it seems too out of character because honestly why would she care about Gotham being destroyed or the people who are dying? There's no connection there for her
    In fact you could probably replace Harley entirely this arc with Selina and I see very little changing.

This is one of those times where you can tell someone is just stuffing Harley Quinn into moments that just don't fit the character and I'm saying that as a huge fan mind you.

And they just left Punchline tied up to escape. There's nobody smart in this arc in the previous arc Bruce at least made the effort to lock up Deathstroke, Cheshire, and co

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think Clownhunter will definitely interrupt the fight between batman and joker and attempt to kill him, but either Batman or the new villain ghosthunter intervenes.
    Clownhunter, Ghosthunter.. Wow they starts to become very uncreative with new codenames and identities. What's next, Demonhunter? Crocodilehunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Tynion can't get into Harley's voice at all
    Its fine if you just have her say jokes and act stupid if you are have next to no familiarity with her mindset.
    Why would she want Joker dead? If she wanted Joker to die she would do it herself obviously. This is further pushed home by her own series. She wouldn't ask Batman to kill Joker either

This is a character who kills all the time why would she need someone else to kill for her?
    Imo that moment probably should have went to someone like Jason or Babs
    Having Harley deliver it seems too out of character because honestly why would she care about Gotham being destroyed or the people who are dying? There's no connection there for her
    In fact you could probably replace Harley entirely this arc with Selina and I see very little changing.

This is one of those times where you can tell someone is just stuffing Harley Quinn into moments that just don't fit the character and I'm saying that as a huge fan mind you.

And they just left Punchline tied up to escape. There's nobody smart in this arc in the previous arc Bruce at least made the effort to lock up Deathstroke, Cheshire, and co
    This has pretty much been my problem too.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Clownhunter, Ghosthunter.. Wow they starts to become very uncreative with new codenames and identities. What's next, Demonhunter? Crocodilehunter?
    lol, I didn't even realize they were both hunters till you mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This has pretty much been my problem too.
    Same.

Can hardly believe that after the hype ending of the previous issue and with Dick Grayson as Nightwing on the cover, this issue still had barely any interaction with the Batfamily and instead focused on a fairly nonsensical Harley. Again.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

lol good one.

Wasn't aware Nightwing belonged to Bruce Wayne.
    Or is he just Nightwing's Tailor. #Batmansews
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-17-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Funny but I think DragonPiece got the name wrong, it's Ghost Maker. Not that it's a better name,

Quote Originally Posted by Bikkun View Post
    It helps that DiDio, who seemed to be the main supporter for loner Batman, is gone. Is it a coincidence that Tynion is brining back the family the second DiDio's era is done?
    Loner Batman started long before Didio and a lot of the thing's that Tynion teased seem to be getting some bite back.

Tim doesn't seem to be swapping to Robin, Cass and Steph don't seem to taking up the batgirl mantle.

The one restoration that's been done is Nightwing which was advertised before Tynion so is thanks to Tynion.

I think that the main supporter for loner Batman is WB

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Bruce learnt the importance of having a support network/family post-Knightfall. Isolating himself is what allowed Bane to take him down. Same deal here with The Joker. It ebbs and flows. Bruce banned others from operating in Gotham after War Games/War Crimes. He was back to having allies again after Infinite Crisis. Then Snyder stripped it away in Death Of The Family. Now he is back to realizing he needs allies again.

Given how smart Bruce is supposed to be, he can be downright dumb when it comes to his partners etc.
    Agree with the last point.
    If he was smart he would have stooped taking on non powered allies after Jason.

Loner batman is a corporate preference not to mention that most creatives prefer him without a gaggle of Bat themed allies

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Funny but I think DragonPiece got the name wrong, it's Ghost Maker. Not that it's a better name,
    Oh, my mistake. I did a double take and googled it and even bleeding cool mentioned ghost hunter in the past, which is why I didn't correct it at first lol. https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jame...or-batman-100/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    lol, I didn't even realize they were both hunters till you mentioned it.
    But it's Ghost-maker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Loner batman is a corporate preference not to mention that most creatives prefer him without a gaggle of Bat themed allies
    There are a lot more people who prefer "Loner Batman" then just corporate and certain writers, though. Many readers and spectators on these very forums attest to prefer some variation of "Loner Batman", eschewing and often denouncing the Batman Family, with usually Alfred and maybe Jim Gordon as the only exceptions (and sometimes not even them).

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Ghost-maker is a cool name, though.

Wasn't aware Nightwing belonged to Bruce Wayne.
    Or is he just Nightwing's Tailor. #Batmansews
    I don't think handing Dick his costume means he "owns" Nightwing, he's just letting Dick express who he is better.
    Then he probably wouldn't have had any allies in the fold until Duke showed up, unless we count Cass' abilities as powers.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    There are a lot more people who prefer "Loner Batman" then just corporate and certain writers, though. Many readers and spectators on these very forums attest to prefer some variation of "Loner Batman", eschewing and often denouncing the Batman Family, with usually Alfred and maybe Jim Gordon as the only exceptions (and sometimes not even them).
    Ironically, some writers prefers "Loner Batman" so they can build "new relationship" between "lonely Batman" and their created characters or characters whom they like. Synder is one of the example, and King maybe even though unlike Synder I think he never states that he prefers "Loner Batman".