Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Yeah, I agree with all of this. I've mentioned before that DC seems to shy away from genuinely evil women. They are all victims or somehow redeemable antiheroes. It feels old-fashioned and paternalistic.
    I wouldn't say old-fashioned is the reason why DC shy away from genuinely evil women, especially when a lot of genuinely evil women characters exist because DC was old-fashioned and paternalistic.

It is just that these female characters are popular and it is easier to sell them as anti-heroes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Wow, what a crappy ending to a pretty uninspired story. Does anyone think this was really good?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Wow, what a crappy ending to a pretty uninspired story. Does anyone think this was really good?
    I liked it far more than any of Tom King's Batman run, but far less than any of Morrison or Snyder's. So Yes, I thought it was good.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Full offense, the bright Batman suit looks better on The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's interesting you bring up the Harley defense when Harley, for most of her life, has never claimed to be a victim even with all of Joker's abuse. Like she didn't blame him for turning her into a criminal or for the crimes she's committed even though with the abuse people tend to view her more as a victim rather than someone who willingly committed herself to what she has become.

Meanwhile Punchline is basically lying and saying it's all Joker's fault, she was a victim, and she'll try to make amends for her crimes. So pretty anti-Harley compared to all the dozen times Harley's been caught and sworn loyalty to Joker without much in the way of guilt.

And yeah, is Punchline white or Asian? She doesn't have an Asian name but her features and the way she dresses is distinctly Asian.
    I feel like Punchline is going for a "let Chaos Reign" when it comes to her trial! She knows it's going to be divisive and tear the city apart, she is going to have her lawyers put the bat family into the trial as well as the Joker! It's all to sow chaos and cause as much damage as possible!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

is Punchline white or Asian? She doesn't have an Asian name but her features and the way she dresses is distinctly Asian.
    Jorge Jiminez's artstyle is very anime-inspired which could explain Punchline's look. But she could always be biracial which would explain her features and name. Vanessa Hudgens and Olivia Munn are asian too.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I think Clownhunter cares more about killing the henchmen who can go back to being civilians like nothing happened than taking out the Joker.
    Probably, but Batman is clearly incapable of learning of his mistakes. He threats Clownhunter to never kill anyone again, but what about the lives he saved by killing the clowns? Batman sees more important the lives of the criminals over the innocent killed by them. How can he be so blind?

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I feel like Punchline is going for a "let Chaos Reign" when it comes to her trial! She knows it's going to be divisive and tear the city apart, she is going to have her lawyers put the bat family into the trial as well as the Joker! It's all to sow chaos and cause as much damage as possible!
    Punchline's character alignment is chaotic troll
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I liked it far more than any of Tom King's Batman run, but far less than any of Morrison or Snyder's. So Yes, I thought it was good.
    That's pretty feint praise in my eyes as King's run was abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Probably, but Batman is clearly incapable of learning of his mistakes. He threats Clownhunter to never kill anyone again, but what about the lives he saved by killing the clowns? Batman sees more important the lives of the criminals over the innocent killed by them. How can he be so blind?
    He doesn't value one life over the other. That's just now how he operates.

When Joker told Batman his schtick was getting boring, I was thinking “ironic that you should say that.” Joker is the most overused character in comics. DC needs to shelve him for at least 6 months.

Astonishing Member

He doesn't value one life over the other. That's just now how he operates.
    Then Batman is a bigger IMBECILE than I thought. He fails to save innocent lives, but he always saves the villains' lives. That only leads to one result: More innocents will die. I bet Batman would be the only man alive who would save Hitler's life from the Allies instead of doing what it has to be done. Heck, even the Joker knows killing Hitler would be a death everyone would be happy he causes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Then Batman is a bigger IMBECILE than I thought. He fails to save innocent lives, but he always saves the villains' lives. That only leads to one result: More innocents will die. I bet Batman would be the only man alive who would save Hitler's life from the Allies instead of doing what it has to be done. Heck, even the Joker knows killing Hitler would be a death everyone would be happy he causes!
    Well, he'd save Hitler to stand trial and face justice, which is about the same effect. He wouldn't let a criminal or villain kill anyone if it was within his power to stop them.

Astonishing Member

Well, he'd save Hitler to stand trial and face justice, which is about the same effect. He wouldn't let a criminal or villain kill anyone if it was within his power to stop them.
    True. Batman ideology isn't wrong in itself.

The problem is the revolving doors that the jails are for criminals in comics. That makes pretty difficult that Batman's ideology could be supported.

Technically, in Joker War, Batman left Joker to die, while he went to save Harley. So, people can't really blame the "no kill" rule this time when Joker returns.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-08-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    True. Batman ideology isn't wrong in itself.

The problem is the revolving doors that the jails are for criminals in comics. That makes pretty difficult that Batman's ideology could be supported.

Technically, in Joker War, Batman left Joker to die, while he went to save Harley.
    I mean, he knew Joker could get himself out if he actually tried. In the grand scheme of things he didn't really need to bother trying to save Joker in this instance.