Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Getting caught up right now. This has been kinda crazy so far

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I thought that was the previous writer, the current one did 'agree' with the one who made that claim though.

I'm not sure anyone sat in on this meeting, or it did not matter. Detective is just acting as if Batman has a twin, as usual. Nightwing and Red Hood sort of lineup, but still seem to have a discrepancy with a certain sluggish duped hero, and Batgirl easily fits in shortly after Joker takes over but before everything goes to hell (so definitely before Nightwing/Red Hood).
    Issue #47 fits after Batman #95 as Lucius gave Joker the access codes to the Hibernaculum "yesterday". Barbara dug out the implant in her spine (which was fixed next issue when Luke arrived in Gotham to check on Lucius). Nightwing and Red Hood do line up though.

The stuff in Batgirl could potentially happen in a small timeframe. But it would be fairly thin though. Hopefully the next few issues sort it out.

Did anyone read #98?

I liked this issue, one of the best of Tynyon's run so far, really emotional with some comic relief ("bat-tery"), the fight between Harley and Punchline was good (I always love references, the Alex Ross' Joker and Harley Quinn wasn't overlooked!), great art as always by Jorge Jimenez and I enjoyed the word "Batman" being written inside his cape, it was kind of special in that moment.
    Last edited by Wrestler; 09-01-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler View Post
    Did anyone read #98?

I liked this issue, one of the best of Tynyon's run so far, really emotional with some comic relief ("bat-tery"), the fight between Harley and Punchline was good (I always love references, the Alex Ross' Joker and Harley Quinn wasn't overlooked!), great art as always by Jorge Jimenez and I enjoyed the word "Batman" being written inside his cape, it was kind of special in that moment.
    Yeah this was a good issue especially if Alfred stays dead cause this is some good development for Batman. At this point I considered Harley a member of the Bat family she is literally Bruce best sidekick right now. Well Punchline is out for now but overall I enjoy her don't understand why she is hated so much? So I expect every member of Bruce family to show up except Damian so lets see what Jokers going to do now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Punchline at the end seems to have settled into Pre-Flashpoint Harley level.

Incredible Member

Considering Harley Quinn a member of the Bat family is so fucked up. She's a murderer! Why does everybody let that slide?

Tynion is definitely trying very hard to make Harley vs Punchline a thing this is only the second time they've fought(or even talked to each other) and he still has them acting like they have this huge rivalry
    not earned at all imo

Bruce has been doing a whole lot of nothing this entire arc
    Selina has been doing a whole lot of nothing
    I don't even remember why Harley is still in Gotham naturally I would think someone like Barbara or co could have better filled this role in the story

This event is supposed to end next month so that means 3 more issues bare minimum and I guess the Punchline one shot to wrap everything up before DC's new direction kicks off

The Red Hood tie-in (all I've read so far) was good. If a bit jarring considering where the main story for Jason is at this point. But it was fun seeing Jason slice through a horde of Joker goons, drop a building on them (via explosions), and still fight Punchline and mind-controlled Dick up until the last second to try and save Duella.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Considering Harley Quinn a member of the Bat family is so fucked up. She's a murderer! Why does everybody let that slide?
    cause DC does plus Red Hood Catwoman and Damien are still consider members and they all kill

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Punchline at the end seems to have settled into Pre-Flashpoint Harley level.
    what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    She is more an ally of convenience than a true member of the Bat-family. "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    cause DC does plus Red Hood Catwoman and Damien are still consider members and they all kill
    I don't think any of them killed innocent people willingly like Harley did though. She also willingly join the Joker as he was slaughtering mass amounts of people, but that didn't stop her from following him. She only stopped because he was mean to her.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Tynion is definitely trying very hard to make Harley vs Punchline a thing this is only the second time they've fought(or even talked to each other) and he still has them acting like they have this huge rivalry
    not earned at all imo

Bruce has been doing a whole lot of nothing this entire arc
    Selina has been doing a whole lot of nothing
    I don't even remember why Harley is still in Gotham naturally I would think someone like Barbara or co could have better filled this role in the story

This event is supposed to end next month so that means 3 more issues bare minimum and I guess the Punchline one shot to wrap everything up before DC's new direction kicks off
    There are only 2 issues left, but the next arc has both punchline and clownhunter involved, so I wouldn't expect a rushed ending. And the rest of the bat family starts showing up in a big way the next 2 issues if the ending of this one didn't give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what does that mean?
    I know she had already tussled with Harley but once Batman wakes up he takes her down in one hit .

Since Batman hasn’t meet the clown hunter person I’m going to say that he will kill Joker at the end of all this