Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    His run on Detective Comics was in my opinion interesting and better than Tom King on the Batman title.
    That's not exactly a very high bar to clear though.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I am so ready for Joker War

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Joker War is the dumbest title in a long line of dumb titles. Did they only have 2 minutes of coming up with it? Maybe it was the working title and they just kept using it... that's DC's Batcorner in a nutshell. Just keep using stuff. Doesn't have to make sense or be well-written. Enough idi... fans will buy it.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Joker War is the dumbest title in a long line of dumb titles. Did they only have 2 minutes of coming up with it? Maybe it was the working title and they just kept using it... that's DC's Batcorner in a nutshell. Just keep using stuff. Doesn't have to make sense or be well-written. Enough idi... fans will buy it.
    This is why I have fallen out of love with comics like fool me once etc. All nonsense nowadays events and a tie ins seem to happen all the time. What also is this Death Metal crap, like I still haven't finished Metal. Does anyone seriously buy this is the "final battle"... like come on.

Snyder's clayface mini story is still imo the best thing out of the main Batbook since N52 begun. (Snyder's run in general I didn't realise how boring it actually was!)
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    This is why I have fallen out of love with comics like fool me once etc. All nonsense nowadays events and a tie ins seem to happen all the time. What also is this Death Metal crap, like I still haven't finished Metal. Does anyone seriously buy this is the "final battle"... like come on.

Snyder's clayface mini story is still imo the best thing out of the main Batbook since N52 begun. (Snyder's run in general I didn't realise how boring it actually was!)
    Have you read any of Tynion's run yet? It's pretty good jumping on point. I wouldn't recommend death metal to someone who hasn't understood what's been happening in DC stories over the past year.r

Looks like fun, but I'll wait for some reviews first.

Incredible Member

I'm not finding anything original in this guy's run. Everything is so generic.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Last time I saw Grifter he was in DCU him and all other spy agents are fighting Dick, Tiger and Helena Bertinelli to take down Spyral in Spy War led by Max Lord and got beat up Midnighter who's on Dick's speed dial.

I think.

I don't remember if he's one of the people who got beat up by Midnighter or not.

Though the Spy War was over once Dick defeated Spyral founder Dr. Dedalus and Tiger King betrayed Max Lord to lead Spyral after Helena became Huntress. All the different spy agencies are allies again in Nightwing Rebirth while Max moved on to target Amanda Waller in JL vs Suicide Squad.

Astonishing Member

Joker thinks that Batman is only as good as his fortune. That he wins only because he has advantages they don't. The guy is sowing the seeds of his own demise. You take everything away from Bruce, he has nothing left to lose. At the end Joker will realise it isn't the money that makes Batman, it is the man.

I have a feeling that the 5G transition was going to come about because Bruce crosses the line and finally kills someone (likely the Joker) and retires. Not sure it will happen that way now, but this can't end with yet another "Batman beats Joker and sends him to Arkham" outcome.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I'm not finding anything original in this guy's run. Everything is so generic.
    Tynion's short run so far has been better than King's entire agonising run. Batman is actually the focus and is being portrayed as competent and effective. Not some sad sack pouty guy bemoaning the fact his girl left him. I think King's Batman was the worst version of his character ever, and King seemed more interested in pushing Selena than anything else. I can only hope that King's Bat/Cat maxi series is out of continuity and has no bearing on Batman going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Tynion's short run so far has been better than King's entire agonising run. Batman is actually the focus and is being portrayed as competent and effective. Not some sad sack pouty guy bemoaning the fact his girl left him. I think King's Batman was the worst version of his character ever, and King seemed more interested in pushing Selena than anything else. I can only hope that King's Bat/Cat maxi series is out of continuity and has no bearing on Batman going forward.
    I agree that Kings Batman was bad, but "the worst" not at all ! Snyder was even lower ! Batman/Catwoman has already been seen many times with always the same ending. A real evolution in Batman's realationship would have really evolved the character and been a good daring touch.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Joker thinks that Batman is only as good as his fortune. That he wins only because he has advantages they don't. The guy is sowing the seeds of his own demise. You take everything away from Bruce, he has nothing left to lose. At the end Joker will realise it isn't the money that makes Batman, it is the man.

I have a feeling that the 5G transition was going to come about because Bruce crosses the line and finally kills someone (likely the Joker) and retires. Not sure it will happen that way now, but this can't end with yet another "Batman beats Joker and sends him to Arkham" outcome.
    I think a more poignant scene would be Batman letting Joker die by prioritising saving the life of someone else over Joker. It would be easier to swallow Batman doing at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Grifter is kind of random.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsguru View Post
    Just curious on feedback as to whether or not one might need to read all of the TIE IN books for the upcoming JOKER WAR summer series? I only collect Batman, but not sure if I have to pick up the other books to enjoy the series more or can get by with just reading the Batman run?
    The main story of the event will take place in Batman #95-100. However, it will also be a major story point in Nightwing #70-75, Detective Comics #1022-1026, Batgirl #47-50, Harley Quinn #75, Catwoman #25-26, Red Hood: Outlaw #48 and Batman: The Joker War Zone.

Picking up all the extra books will certainly impact the size of my wallet, but will it halt me from enjoying the story?
    If it's off any major plot significance DC will let you know (Example: To be continued in Detective Comics 1023) otherwise your probably fine reading just Batman, though you may pick up some cool periphery facts or action, reading the other titles, your choice.