Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think any of them killed innocent people willingly like Harley did though. She also willingly join the Joker as he was slaughtering mass amounts of people, but that didn't stop her from following him. She only stopped because he was mean to her.
    That’s true but they easily allow her to associate with the league and stuff I guess cause she does suicide squad work it clears her crimes
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Since Batman hasn’t meet the clown hunter person I’m going to say that he will kill Joker at the end of all this
    I don't know if a new character fresh on the page should get to kill Joker off but I guess it wouldn't surprise me at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That’s true but they easily allow her to associate with the league and stuff I guess cause she does suicide squad work it clears her crimes
    Although most of the Squad does those missions just to get pardons and not to clean their conscience.

Mighty Member

I'm not a fan of Harley Quinn, and this isn't going to change that.

Punchline isn't anything special so far. But the idea of her being into Joker's ideology could be interesting. She'll have to let Joker go and just become something equally horrific, but it could be interesting.

But the most interesting thing to come out of this issue was the conversation with Alfred. Could we put Bat-dick behind us for good? Could we actually get a Batman who works freely with others and has a supporting cast of heroes great and small and it isn't always angst and drama? Ok, probably not. But this was still a step in a good direction, I feel.

This arc may not be my favorite (I am so done with Joker right now, you don't even know). But the larger story might be headed in a direction I can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Harley Quinn, and this isn't going to change that.

Punchline isn't anything special so far. But the idea of her being into Joker's ideology could be interesting. She'll have to let Joker go and just become something equally horrific, but it could be interesting.

But the most interesting thing to come out of this issue was the conversation with Alfred. Could we put Bat-dick behind us for good? Could we actually get a Batman who works freely with others and has a supporting cast of heroes great and small and it isn't always angst and drama? Ok, probably not. But this was still a step in a good direction, I feel.

This arc may not be my favorite (I am so done with Joker right now, you don't even know). But the larger story might be headed in a direction I can get behind.
    Word is, is that after the current arcs running in most series right now, there will be a relaunch or even a reboot of some sort. Originally it was going to be 5G, but that's been scrapped into its own mini apparently.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Word is, is that after the current arcs running in most series right now, there will be a relaunch or even a reboot of some sort. Originally it was going to be 5G, but that's been scrapped into its own mini apparently.
    Reboot will likely occur post Death Metal. That doesn't finish until, i think, January. I don't see Batman relaunch though. Not yet. It always could, but the number is 30 odd issues away from what would be 900. Which it should hit in no time if the books are staying twice a month.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    To be honest this kind of self-realization for Batman happens every 2-3 years. Maybe Tynion will be more consistent about it...although he was pretty hard on Batman in 'Tec even he was ostensibly trying to be more positive.

It helps that DiDio, who seemed to be the main supporter for loner Batman, is gone. Is it a coincidence that Tynion is brining back the family the second DiDio's era is done?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bikkun View Post
    It helps that DiDio, who seemed to be the main supporter for loner Batman, is gone. Is it a coincidence that Tynion is brining back the family the second DiDio's era is done?
    Bruce learnt the importance of having a support network/family post-Knightfall. Isolating himself is what allowed Bane to take him down. Same deal here with The Joker. It ebbs and flows. Bruce banned others from operating in Gotham after War Games/War Crimes. He was back to having allies again after Infinite Crisis. Then Snyder stripped it away in Death Of The Family. Now he is back to realizing he needs allies again.

Given how smart Bruce is supposed to be, he can be downright dumb when it comes to his partners etc.

Extraordinary Member

I am not all that crazy about the Joker being the headlining act (again) or that the main story has kind of dragged out, but each issue has still delivered enough entertainment and excitement to make this the first book I read each time it comes out. Tynion has put a lot in motion at this point and I hope it pays off with only two issues to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Tynion is definitely trying very hard to make Harley vs Punchline a thing this is only the second time they've fought(or even talked to each other) and he still has them acting like they have this huge rivalry
    not earned at all imo

Bruce has been doing a whole lot of nothing this entire arc
    Selina has been doing a whole lot of nothing
    I don't even remember why Harley is still in Gotham naturally I would think someone like Barbara or co could have better filled this role in the story

This event is supposed to end next month so that means 3 more issues bare minimum and I guess the Punchline one shot to wrap everything up before DC's new direction kicks off
    My biggest gripe with this run so far is the focus on Harley. Some serious Deadpool vibes in terms of how the character seems to be artificially forced into books they have no actual reason to be in other than 'they're popular', during which they bring nothing unique to the story other than kooky dialogue.

Even her interaction in #98 with Punchline covered nothing new and has no impact on the story; could have been anyone from the Batfamily giving the same lecture and the effect would be the same. The fact that Punchline doesn't even seem to care about Harley's history with Joker beyond as a point to mock her just makes this worse.

I'm probably also a bit annoyed because I'm hoping this will be the last Batman/Joker conflict we see for a while, and so will have some kind of memorable angle to it (the way I felt Death of the Family and Endgame did, and hell even War of Jokes and Riddles to an extent), but thus far this feels like the most generic Joker we've had in a long time. Any space that could have been spent highlighting what makes this fight different is instead being spent on side characters just being quirky.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

Does anyone here have any idea of how all the events so far (The main line and all tie-ins) are chronologically fitting? The story is good and I'm enjoying it, but it's a mess if you try to make sense of all the events that are happening.

All-New Member

So Batman just leaves Punchline just lying around to get free again. wtf
    The storytelling of Clownhunter is interesting, I am assuming he is going to crash this Batman Joker fight And make a scene. Maybe embedding Batarang Bat in Jokers head?

Can Tynion just stop with Harley? She has no business being in the big Batfamily group moment, and she especially has no business being the one to try to tell Batman (for the umpteenth time) that he has to kill Joker. I was honestly disappointed Batman didn't take her up on her offer to knock her out.
    Quote Originally Posted by KneelToDarkseid View Post
    I don't even see the point when we know she ends up in prison by the end of this story anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by KneelToDarkseid View Post
    The storytelling of Clownhunter is interesting, I am assuming he is going to crash this Batman Joker fight And make a scene. Maybe embedding Batarang Bat in Jokers head?
    Yes Clown Hunter is the one thing about Joker War that is interesting. The rest has been done before. I see Joker "dying" by his hands.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can Tynion just stop with Harley? She has no business being in the big Batfamily group moment, and she especially has no business being the one to try to tell Batman (for the umpteenth time) that he has to kill Joker. I was honestly disappointed Batman didn't take her up on her offer to knock her out.

I don't even see the point when we know she ends up in prison by the end of this story anyways.
    I actually genuinely like how Tynion has been writing Harley as a actual character with nuance rather than the Palmotti version that just feels like a parody. I do think that particular scene felt like a been there, done that type of moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Yes Clown Hunter is the one thing about Joker War that is interesting. The rest has been done before. I see Joker "dying" by his hands.
    I think Clownhunter will definitely interrupt the fight between batman and joker and attempt to kill him, but either Batman or the new villain ghosthunter intervenes.