Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 311

Thread: Joker war

  1. #181
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Depends. I don't mind having two Robins, just like I don't mind having two Superboys. But if they put unnecessary drama like "fight between two Robins" which Damian almost certainly will be on problematic side, then I prefer Damian to get out from Robin and Batman book for a while.
    I think Tim will be Red Robin and he will have a new suit for the next year.

    So far, although Tim is using the Robin suit, he was never called that way. He has been called Drake or Red Robin (in a caption) even in his current Robin suit.

    The closest to be called Robin was YJ#18 where his friends are confused if he is Robin again or not, but Tim doesn't directly say anything.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-27-2020 at 08:54 AM.

  2. #182
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    327

    Default

    where his friends are confused if he is Robin again or not
    Just like everyone.

  3. #183
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't call the Eternals the high point of Batfamily interaction, and Tynion's 'Tec is part of the problem because the team felt so isolated from the rest of the Batfamily.

    And then we get the culmination of this problem in those "Batfamily assemble" moments which end up being just generic group events that we're supposed to buy into even though the books hardly ever show them as a family or building up their relationships/dynamic aside from these moments. I agree that this is a problem that stems from Snyder's era.

    Aside from Babs in Nightwing, which is to be expected, appearances feel more "rare" than routine.
    Im not calling it a high point, im simply pointing out its existence. Illustrating my point that its not that there has been a lack of family interaction since Death of the Family, but a lack of quality to their interactions.

  4. #184
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Nah, Bruce wasn't in Batwoman's Rebirth solo all that much. The book didn't last IMO because it was set on the island of Bore-yawn-ah, with bland villains, and none of Kate's original support cast. When Alice, and Bruce, finally did turn-up they pretty much repeated the same story beats of her last solo: Kate needs to rescue Alice, Kate and Bruce have a fight but ultimately come to a compromise.
    I don't know much about Kate a.k.a Batwoman, but she's Bruce's cousin, right? Blood-related cousin? If so, it's weird that she's not included on Wayne beneficiaries on Joker War. I understand for 4 main robins but Babs should has no claim on Wayne fortune, except if she's married to Dick. And she is also missing on Bat-family gathering on Joker War. But considering that Damian is also missing, perhaps Tynion prefers adoption relationship more than blood relationship.

  5. #185
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think Tim will be Red Robin and he will have a new suit for the next year.
    Hell yeah for new suit! Red Robin cowl is nice but considering that upcoming Jason's interaction movie will use that costume (which is understandable, after all Jason indeed use that suit on altenate reality. And Dick's too), I want Tim to get a costume that will be his alone. Drake name and costume resembled Talon, really, why is DC so uncreative when it comes to Tim?

  6. #186
    Mighty Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I don't know much about Kate a.k.a Batwoman, but she's Bruce's cousin, right? Blood-related cousin? If so, it's weird that she's not included on Wayne beneficiaries on Joker War. I understand for 4 main robins but Babs should has no claim on Wayne fortune, except if she's married to Dick. And she is also missing on Bat-family gathering on Joker War. But considering that Damian is also missing, perhaps Tynion prefers adoption relationship more than blood relationship.
    Yep, they are definitely cousins.






    As for the Wayne fortune, I don't know, I doubt it's something the character would care about in-universe since the Kane's are supposed to be the second richest family in Gotham (or something like that).

    We did see Kate in Detective Comics #1025, as part of Joker War.
    Bruce and Kate worked together, but she was quick to remind him they aren't a team anymore. And there was some sort of cousin-rivalry thing going on because they called each other Kane and Wayne, when they used to call each other Kate and Bruce. IMHO she's still miffed with him after what went down in the 'Tec Gotham Knights run, and the end of her last solo with Alice (plus the fact he sent Julia to spy/babysit on her).

  7. #187
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    anybody have a reading order for this that includes the nightwing, batgirl, and detective issues? I'll be getting into this next month when my comic subscription is delivered after issue 100 comes out. When I do a search it mostly is done via release order but im sure the batgirl and nightwing issues need to be read back to back but in between which issues of batman and how does detective and red hood's one issue fit in. Thanks for any info.

  8. #188

    Default

    The joker war zone one shot was decent but more setup. The clownhunter, Joker/bane and Luke fox sections stand out to me.

  9. #189
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    anybody have a reading order for this that includes the nightwing, batgirl, and detective issues? I'll be getting into this next month when my comic subscription is delivered after issue 100 comes out. When I do a search it mostly is done via release order but im sure the batgirl and nightwing issues need to be read back to back but in between which issues of batman and how does detective and red hood's one issue fit in. Thanks for any info.
    https://www.howtolovecomics.com/2020...reading-order/

    as far as I know, that site has the best reading order list of Joker War.

  10. #190
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Unpopular opinion maybe, but reading Clownhunter story makes me want to vomit. Not because bad art, blasted bodies, or death, but because that damned word. PERMANENT SOLUTIONS. Like really, Three Joker with Jason is still ongoing, and seems like Damian's rebellious phase isn't over yet, and they both have the same argument. PERMANENT SOLUTIONS. Like okay, Batman's no killing rule is suck, but do we really need 3 different kids to call of that on current time?

  11. #191
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Unpopular opinion maybe, but reading Clownhunter story makes me want to vomit. Not because bad art, blasted bodies, or death, but because that damned word. PERMANENT SOLUTIONS. Like really, Three Joker with Jason is still ongoing, and seems like Damian's rebellious phase isn't over yet, and they both have the same argument. PERMANENT SOLUTIONS. Like okay, Batman's no killing rule is suck, but do we really need 3 different kids to call of that on current time?
    I mean, hasn't the franchise kind of beat us over the head with the criticism over the no kill rule?

  12. #192
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The joker war zone one shot was decent but more setup. The clownhunter, Joker/bane and Luke fox sections stand out to me.
    The Bane story was so much Joker talking, I am so done with writers using characters to orate their essays, but the shade thrown at King was funny. I thought all the stories were decent enough, I am enjoying the quality of short stories in these DC books lately.

  13. #193
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    327

    Default

    I personally think that Tynion got too carried away with his desire to shit King's run at every turn. I understand that he hates it, and that he's playing with the audience this way, which also hates this run. With Alfred, there really was a great scene that directly spoke of what was wrong with that Batman and what the path to restoring what should be is. With Joker and Bane, it was simply unnecessary, especially considering that killing Alfred in such an idiotic plot was not King's idea, it was DiDio.

  14. #194
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    it was DiDio.
    Maybe he was throwing shade at DiDio then. I don't know if it was intentional, but that is just the nature of writer's doing commentary in the story on story written by other people. He also did something similar in his Death Metal tie-in this week.

  15. #195
    Spectacular Member Nero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    189

    Default

    The only thing that piqued my interest with the Batman: Joker War Zone #1 was the Joker's confrontation with Bane.

    So it's pretty much safe to assume the Joker survives the Joker War (which let's be honest, the "death" wouldn't stick anyway) but I'm curious as to how he's brought down. Bane breaking the Joker's back (especially while the Joker is in the Bat Suit) would tie into Bane vs the Joker for 2021.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •