Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    The only thing that piqued my interest with the Batman: Joker War Zone #1 was the Joker's confrontation with Bane.

So it's pretty much safe to assume the Joker survives the Joker War (which let's be honest, the "death" wouldn't stick anyway) but I'm curious as to how he's brought down. Bane breaking the Joker's back (especially while the Joker is in the Bat Suit) would tie into Bane vs the Joker for 2021.
    damn theres go my clownhunter kills joker theory
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    damn theres go my clownhunter kills joker theory
    I wouldn't be so sure. If there are 3 Jokers, who says there isn't a fourth one?

Besides, Clownhunter killing Joker is something it HAS to happen. I mean, in many way, Clownhunter represents a different version of Batman's himself. Batman became what he is after seeing his parents being killed by an ordinary crook, and Clownhunter became what he is after the Joker killed his parents. Since Batman never had the guts to kill the Joker, this kid lost his parents; and this represents Batman's incompetence. He wanted to make sure nobody would pass for what he had after losing his parents, but because of him, another kid has passed through something even worse.

Clownhunter will kill the Joker, and Batman won't be able to stop him; then Clownhunter will lecture Batman avoid how incompetent he really is, as he lost his parents because Batman never wanted to do what it had to be done. And now, Clownhunter will show Batman that, by doing this, he has saved millions of victims in Gotham; as Joker won't be just sent to Arkham again.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Clownhunter will kill the Joker, and Batman won't be able to stop him; then Clownhunter will lecture Batman avoid how incompetent he really is, as he lost his parents because Batman never wanted to do what it had to be done. And now, Clownhunter will show Batman that, by doing this, he has saved millions of victims in Gotham; as Joker won't be just sent to Arkham again.
    Yeah that's never gonna happen. There's no way DC let Joker die, moreover by new character like Clownhunter. They didn't let Jason killed Joker for ages (except on 3 joker, which out on continuity), why should they let their most popular villain get killed by a new guy and the said new guy will lecture Batman of all people? That only will make everyone hate clownhunter, if they haven't already (I personally hate him and his introduction).
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 10-03-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Yeah that's never gonna happen. There's no way DC let Joker die, moreover by new character like Clownhunter. They didn't let Jason killed Joker for ages (except on 3 joker, which out on continuity), why should they let their most popular villain get killed by a new guy and the said new guy will lecture Batman of all people? That only will make everyone hate clownhunter, if they haven't already (I personally hate him and his introduction).
    i mean its not like Joker will stay dead if Clownhunter kills him I'm sure he will be revive in the future

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. If there are 3 Jokers, who says there isn't a fourth one?

Besides, Clownhunter killing Joker is something it HAS to happen. I mean, in many way, Clownhunter represents a different version of Batman's himself. Batman became what he is after seeing his parents being killed by an ordinary crook, and Clownhunter became what he is after the Joker killed his parents. Since Batman never had the guts to kill the Joker, this kid lost his parents; and this represents Batman's incompetence. He wanted to make sure nobody would pass for what he had after losing his parents, but because of him, another kid has passed through something even worse.

What difference would any of that make when everybody knows the Joker would never stay dead? That's why I never understood people who were so hung up on Batman killing the Joker. Even if Batman did take the Joker out, it would never stick. It's not going to be any different with the Clownhunter. Quite frankly, I don't see the purpose of even having the Clownhunter when we already have an anti-hero with a desire to see the Joker dead in the Red Hood.

spoilers:
    i don’t get this issue like was Batman willing to let Joker Die? Or did he trust that he will escape the bomb? What’s the overall message about this So called War? Harley and Bats are pretty close now from this event is my main takeaway? Now Clownhunter met the guy but didn’t lead to anything special? I feel underwhelm by this arc
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

spoilers:
    i don’t get this issue like was Batman willing to let Joker Die? Or did he trust that he will escape the bomb? What’s the overall message about this So called War? Harley and Bats are pretty close now from this event is my main takeaway? Now Clownhunter met the guy but didn’t lead to anything special? I feel underwhelm by this arc
    end of spoilers
    I think some of the problems with this arc had to do with Tynion having to come up with a completely different story than he orginally had, since issue 100 was supposed to be his last until high sales let him stay on.

Astonishing Member

Weird ending.

I kind of see the machinery behind the storytelling in this quite a bit. I've got to say it would have been bolder to just go with it, but maybe with Three Jokers existing there's too much of that going around to take any of it seriously. And I liked the epilogue scene more than any of his actual activity during the main plot.

But it does feel like that kind of setting the table you get before a solid run. Whether this will be that solid run, who can say? But it sort of has vibes like you'd get from Rucka's set-ups from No Man's Land feeding into the Rucka-Brubaker New Gotham years, or from Morrison's immediate One Year Later introductions. Like Tynion said in whatever exposition drop interview or posting he made the other day, changing an "Ending" into a "Beginning" must necessitate some radical weirdness.

The bombasticness of the art is interesting. I like that guy's art a lot but it's so dynamic and ... well, explosive ... that when the mystique and nuance required to make detective mystery pulp fiction stuff like "sifting through the wreckage", "somehow surviving", and all that kind of stuff, factors in it's like a little hard to believe. But this isn't anything new to superhero art vs. storytelling. Credulity stretched to the breaking point. Cluemaster showed up a couple weeks ago and with a line of dialogue FAKED having his throat slit back in Batman Eternal. Unironically just having his death reversed the same way Stephanie did? What matters is that Stephanie came back, got her own Batgirl title, and it was awesome. So that's the deal we make - the payoff for the pulpy fake deaths and whatever can make glossing over death scenes easier to swallow.

So what do we have here? A major Gotham landmark hopefully gone. A fresh start. Some new characters. Nightwing is definitely back. Premonitions of implementations of an organized BATGIRLS situation.

I think I can live with this era kickstarting this way if I get a good Nightwing comic and a Multi-Batgirls book out of it.

I think I realized between this and Three Jokers last week that if I were starting a Batman run I'd kick it off by having The Joker learn that his strange chemistry has given him terminal cancer and commit suicide in front of Jim Gordon, to deny myself the Three Act Play structure of Joker Showing Up for the Big Parts in any of my run. Morrison did Batman & Son to R.I.P. to Must Die! seeding Joker mystique in between all the bits (Prefaced of course by Joker in Arkham Asylum and Joker in JLA). Snyder did Black Mirror to DOTF to Endgame (with a denouement in Superheavy and then a grand-standing Encore in Metal & Batman Who Laughs), seeding Joker mystique in between with all the "Where is the Joker?" curiosity. Here's Tynion, Joker Act 1.

I think he'd think it was funny. Obviously you can explore a vacuum left by the Joker's death from the wannabes to the real influencers. But man I'm sick of him being the boss fight for every act of a Batman run. The only thing I think I explicitly love from Tom King's run is that Joker's only in it for one story where he just wants to mess up Batman's engagement to Catwoman because he's petty and the rest of the thing is about other villains.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 10-06-2020 at 05:24 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

For an issue that hyped for rejoining Batfam, there's so little Batfam interaction on there. I think only Nightwing and Batgirl who has dialogue on that issue..

well at lest they re-buried Alfred together excluding Damian of course

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    100 was ment to be his last, so instead this served to set up 2021 batman

well at lest they re-buried Alfred together excluding Damian of course
    it's little weird for Joker to use Alfred's body to gloat about how much of a failure Batman is by letting Alfred's die, when on Joker War Zone he mocked Bane for killing Alfred in front of Damian and not Bruce. I think Damian can't get included because if Joker pull that stunt in front of Damian, not even his father can't stop him from beheading Joker on spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    it's little weird for Joker to use Alfred's body to gloat about how much of a failure Batman is by letting Alfred's die, when on Joker War Zone he mocked Bane for killing Alfred in front of Damian and not Bruce. I think Damian can't get included because if Joker pull that stunt in front of Damian, not even his father can't stop him from beheading Joker on spot.
    Weird? This is Joker 101, provoking everybody in any way he can, even if that means inconsistency in his speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler View Post
    Weird? This is Joker 101, provoking everybody in any way he can, even if that means inconsistency in his speech.
    Right, my bad. Saying that Joker is weird just like stating that one plus one equals two.

I thought it was strange that the newspapers apparently had two different mugshots for Punchline (one where it's seemingly just a headshot and one where it was a full body image with her holding out an ID card) unless the first one was just a cropped version of the other one.

On the plus side:

spoilers:
    Joker finally has normal speech bubbles again.
    end of spoilers

Also, can Harley please get out of Gotham?