Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This has pretty much been my problem too.
    I am going to make a guess about Harley trying to play along with the bat family! In Suicide Squad she found out she has been working long enough to earn a full pardon, so technically she is free and has no warrants for her arrest at the moment! She is telling Batman that she is willing to give up that newfound freedom to do what he is incapable of, she can kill the joker for him and save his entire family from the constant reprisals!

When he said no, I kind of liked that she said outright, well if you fall, I am going to kill him no matter what you say!

But other than that I do agree that her voice does feel off! I guess it depends on which version of Harley we are getting, it could be that this suicide squad Harley is hardened personality wise after doing so many missions for Argus! She is not as silly as usual, and she seems like she is all business right now!

It doesn't even matter the whole event is inconsistent! I can't stand how Barbara, Jason, Dick, and Tim are all being written poorly through the event! At least Barbara isn't too bad, but Dick, Jason, and Tim, it's like the writers don't even know who these characters are at all! Stephanie and Cass are background and have no personality or input! I guess Kate came across ok in Detective, but even she was off a bit!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Mighty Member

Catwoman tricked the Penguin and Riddler and stole the fortune back for Bruce and transferred it to Lucius' account but got shot in the abdomen for her trouble by The Penguin.
    She is fine and living in Alleytown now.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Preview of issue 101 plus a interview the batman group editor: https://sea.ign.com/feature/164163/a...m-city-in-2021

-Issue 101 will reveal the status of Bruce's bank account and also if his relationship with Selina survives
    -2021 will see a major status quo change with Batman going back to the basics
    -Books in the bat line will connect a lot more next year
    -Batman and robin as a actual duo will happen again next year..the editor remained coy on which robin

Exciting stuff!

Astonishing Member

It's really exciting.
    Batman and robin as a actual duo will happen again next year..the editor remained coy on which robin
    Both, lol)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Preview of issue 101 plus a interview the batman group editor: https://sea.ign.com/feature/164163/a...m-city-in-2021

-Issue 101 will reveal the status of Bruce's bank account and also if his relationship with Selina survives
    -Batman and robin as a actual duo will happen again next year..the editor remained coy on which robin

Exciting stuff!
    Harley Quinn as Bruce new Robin will be fun.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Exciting stuff!
    Woah. 90s flashback

Exciting stuff!
    Connecting more usually just means the satellite books get used to prop up whatever is happening in the Batman book more. So that worries me some given what Joker War turned into. Which was a bit of a mess for those satellite books.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Connecting more usually just means the satellite books get used to prop up whatever is happening in the Batman book more. So that worries me some given what Joker War turned into. Which was a bit of a mess for those satellite books.
    Yep more sidekick Nightwing coming up!

JOKER WAR had some great covers!

But what about the story though? Did it live up to the hype so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    Same.

Can hardly believe that after the hype ending of the previous issue and with Dick Grayson as Nightwing on the cover, this issue still had barely any interaction with the Batfamily and instead focused on a fairly nonsensical Harley. Again.
    Ah, this post seems to confirm my fears. Delishus covers; not so great with the story

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    JOKER WAR had some great covers!

But what about the story though? Did it live up to the hype so far?
    Each issue has more or less been fun. As a bigger story, meh. Sometimes I feel like there are books I need to make sure I am rereading past issues to keep the feel of the story fresh, sometimes I find books are best if I am not trying to see a connection. This story has worked for me better as taking each issue on its own, and honestly the art is so good the sloppiness of the story is forgiven.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's really exciting.

Both, lol)
    Honestly having two Robins would be a really fun thing to see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Connection between books probably will be handled better. They have big problems with books now, because they changed lots of plans, Tynion's run wasn't supposed to be that big with lots of plans for next year, it just was supposed to lead to Ridley's scrapped run.
    Another thing is that all this may not have a very good effect on the independence of other titles, this is really upsetting.
    Honestly having two Robins would be a really fun thing to see.
    Simply the most logical option for them.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 09-26-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Exciting stuff!
    So it sounds like we're getting a post-War Games esque Batman, just closer to the Batfamily this time around.

I'm down for more connectives from the books. It feels like the characters barely associate or hang out with each other aside from "events" these days.

Tynion making Bruce and Tim a thing again? Or referencing Damian in the Hush story? I'd like to see Batman and Robin as a duo again, personally.

Incredible Member

Are Bruce and Selina really going to break up? He has barely had them interact as it is. But in her own book it looks like she's moving to Alleytown