Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I honestly don't think he's breaking them up, I think they may be seperated for a bit while joker war is going on though so Bruce can focus on taking out Joker and saving the city. As for whether batman/catwoman is continuity, I think King and Mann are just saying those tweets to keep fans of the ship happy. They have no control over what Tynion and the editors will do.
    King has retweeted his "defining continuity" tweet like three times in the last two days

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    King has retweeted his "defining continuity" tweet like three times in the last two days
    Looking at both King and Tynion said...

Tynion, as far as he knows, doesn't think that the Batman/Catwoman comic and relationship is within the continuity.

King showing the cover for Batman/Catwoman Phantasm arc "defining continuity" seems to be the answer to that. An act of defiance. That the idea of continuity doesn't have to be... whatever it is fans think. Doesn't have to be a single defined one continuity maybe.

I don't know yet what DC's official answer in this but they will be the one who determines what's in continuity or not... or... or... more likely, they will be like DC as usual and be vague so nobody gets mad

I really hope that King's Bat/Cat will be pushed out of continuity. He wrote them as an an absolute toxic and garbage couple and I wouldn't want his run to have more effect on the Batfamily than it has already had, with Dick being shot in the head for shock-value, Damian being painted as an unwanted bastard and then traumatized by the death of Alfred, all because Bruce is an horrible man punching teenagers and kids in the face to convey plans...

Like, seriously. I'm glad fans of King get to have their book. But I hope it won't sell much and that it'll cement DC's understanding that what he did to the Batman corner of the DCU was terrible and need to be excised branches and roots or acknowledged in such a way that it become impossible to pain Batman as a respectable hero and have Damian and co officially ditch him entirely.

Astonishing Member

Probably it will be a stupid question, but does Joker War take place before Hell Arisen? Just the timeline question seems rather strange to me. Joker War has been declared as the last battle between Bruce and the Joker for a long time, and there must be some enormous consequences for both of them at the end. But at the same time, we saw the Joker in Hell Arisen (and probably will see him in Death Metal), and we saw Bruce before that. And somehow it’s not noticeable that they went through such an event.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Probably it will be a stupid question, but does Joker War take place before Hell Arisen? Just the timeline question seems rather strange to me. Joker War has been declared as the last battle between Bruce and the Joker for a long time, and there must be some enormous consequences for both of them at the end. But at the same time, we saw the Joker in Hell Arisen (and probably will see him in Death Metal), and we saw Bruce before that. And somehow it’s not noticeable that they went through such an event.
    It's best to assume all DC books currently take place before death metal. You'll hurt your head assuming anything else.

Well at first all the Metal timeline was sayd it would be out of continuity.
    Then we started to see consequences in some ongoings.
    While each writters had already their plans for their titles and event !?
    So what to think about the whole Metal thing, I don't know, but I would ignore metal as important to the Batman main ongoing.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Nothing to do with the storyline, but does anyone have a high quality image of Cheshire. Trying to make an avatar of her, but can’t seem to find any scans that I like.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

All-New Member

Do you think this will be the final battle like they're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus 1876 View Post
    Hard to say, because at the same time there is the Three Joker story going on !

Haha no....

*Laughs in Snyder's Endgame*

Astonishing Member

They can have a break for a few years after this event. But this is the maximum that we can get.
    In general, it still depends on how long Tynion will stay on Batman.

Incredible Member

They can have a break for a few years after this event. But this is the maximum that we can get.
    In general, it still depends on how long Tynion will stay on Batman.
    Hopefully not long. This run is extremely generic and dull.

Astonishing Member

Well, with all these news about his huge Batfamily plans for 2021, I have a feeling, that he will stay much longer than was originally expected.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Hopefully not long. This run is extremely generic and dull.
    His run on Detective Comics was in my opinion interesting and better than Tom King on the Batman title.