Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the gadgets. He needs some kind of income or resources to be able to put together all the established Batman stuff.
    and intelligence as well like how smart is he on par with Lex Luthor right? honestly the only flaw he has is his personality but he is perfect in every other thing.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    and intelligence as well like how smart is he on par with Lex Luthor right? honestly the only flaw he has is his personality but he is perfect in every other thing.
    He wasn't the one who created the gadgets originally, I think. Am I wrong? Someone who can deny or confirm, pls. I think I read this bit somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    He wasn't the one who created the gadgets originally, I think. Am I wrong? Someone who can deny or confirm, pls. I think I read this bit somewhere...
    Lucius does design his tech right but we have seen Batman make gadgets to combat his enemies too. He is literally all around
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't think you can separate the playboy facade from the character and maintain anything similar enough to call it Batman.
    Yeah what I more meant was if Batman wasn't an existing character and someone today came up with the idea of a masked vigilante inspired to fight crime in his city, stemming from the death of his parents as a child at the hands of a criminal in similar circumstances to the Waynes' death, and wanted to portray him leading a double life in order for it not to be known that the character was the masked vigilante - keeping his identity a secret, they probably wouldn't make him a billionaire playboy. I wasn't saying that this character would be Batman.

And the gadgets. He needs some kind of income or resources to be able to put together all the established Batman stuff.
    Even Moon Knight got rich from investments, right?

Actually, I think he did create them originally. He was basically a self-made hero until the Nolan movies had Lucious and Wayne R&D more personally involved in developing the gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Are any of them even capable of killing Joker? Batman is the best of them and as we saw in joker war Bats was constantly outmaneuvered by Joker and needed the entire family's help to stop him. Killing Joker is not some an easy thing to accomplish. Besides if some family members/Harley wants him dead so badly then they should go do it themselves, don't look to Batman to do it so the blood will be on his hands. The hell with what Bruce wants, go kill Joker and deal with the consequences whatever they may be. But like I said it's not so easy to kill Joker, the guy is not just some dumb clown, he has a brain in that head and he uses it.
    People try killing the Joker all the time. Bruce often saves him.

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Even Moon Knight got rich from investments, right?
    He won lottery too. And sold the rights to produce, and produced, a show or a movie about his story. And he expent his money gained by his job as a mercenary, originaly. At this point, it's almost a running gag that he keeps rich however he screws his weath or not (his Steven persona is pretty economics savvy).

Actually, I think he did create them originally. He was basically a self-made hero until the Nolan movies had Lucious and Wayne R&D more personally involved in developing the gadgets.
    Oh, then I was getting It backwards. It fits what I remember from the 80s, but I thought Lucius was an older character that got demoted in the 70's. Well, kind of thought; I wasn't sure at all.

He won lottery too. And sold the rights to produce, and produced, a show or a movie about his story. And he expent his money gained by his job as a mercenary, originaly. At this point, it's almost a running gag that he keeps rich however he screws his weath or not (his Steven persona is pretty economics savvy).
    Does one persona know what the other persona is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Does one persona know what the other persona is doing?
    Yes, often. Because it's not exactly DID.
    It's complicated.
    It also depends on when you decide to read MK.

Alright so I decided to post this here because it made the most sense, does anyone else feel differently about Joker War because of Infinite Frontier #0 and Batman #106? (I didn’t read Joker, so add that if you read it).

Because here is the thing, I’m not really big on Joker War. It came directly on the heels of City of Bane but also besides some differences I just felt that I had seen it already in Snyder’s Batman: Endgame story arc. I like Tynion, his Detective Comics and Batman/TMNT runs were enjoyable but I just didn’t care about Joker War. But here’s the thing, Infinite Frontier and Batman #106 almost made it seem worth it to go through Joker War to get to the present status quo.

Because suddenly as I look at it Batman has a full family at his side again. Oracle is back but leading Steph and Cassandra with the ability to suit up if needed, Ghost Maker has a fun report with Bruce now that they are working together and not rivals/antagonists, Huntress is more prominent, and other family members are available except for Damian but he’s doing his own thing now. So it kind of feels like we had to go through the shift that was Joker War to get to a enjoyable Bat-family status quo.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so I decided to post this here because it made the most sense, does anyone else feel differently about Joker War because of Infinite Frontier #0 and Batman #106? (I didn’t read Joker, so add that if you read it).

Because here is the thing, I’m not really big on Joker War. It came directly on the heels of City of Bane but also besides some differences I just felt that I had seen it already in Snyder’s Batman: Endgame story arc. I like Tynion, his Detective Comics and Batman/TMNT runs were enjoyable but I just didn’t care about Joker War. But here’s the thing, Infinite Frontier and Batman #106 almost made it seem worth it to go through Joker War to get to the present status quo.

Because suddenly as I look at it Batman has a full family at his side again. Oracle is back but leading Steph and Cassandra with the ability to suit up if needed, Ghost Maker has a fun report with Bruce now that they are working together and not rivals/antagonists, Huntress is more prominent, and other family members are available except for Damian but he’s doing his own thing now. So it kind of feels like we had to go through the shift that was Joker War to get to a enjoyable Bat-family status quo.
    I mean, I followed a lot of Tynion's newsletters and tweets since he started his Batman run so I was sorta aware of how his plans shifted a lot throughout the year and that's why joker war is what it was and why there was hope for his run with infinite frontier. You're right, that this type of status quo wouldn't be possible without the event but I do wonder what his run would have been like had he had full control of the book from the start and didn't just feel like a fill in writer till Ridley came in for 5G.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

No, because all of that can happen with a different villain if needed, like Ra's or Scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, because all of that can happen with a different villain if needed, like Ra's or Scarecrow.
    Thats fair, it did not necessarily need to be Joker
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.