Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
Alright so I decided to post this here because it made the most sense, does anyone else feel differently about Joker War because of Infinite Frontier #0 and Batman #106? (I didn’t read Joker, so add that if you read it).

Because here is the thing, I’m not really big on Joker War. It came directly on the heels of City of Bane but also besides some differences I just felt that I had seen it already in Snyder’s Batman: Endgame story arc. I like Tynion, his Detective Comics and Batman/TMNT runs were enjoyable but I just didn’t care about Joker War. But here’s the thing, Infinite Frontier and Batman #106 almost made it seem worth it to go through Joker War to get to the present status quo.

Because suddenly as I look at it Batman has a full family at his side again. Oracle is back but leading Steph and Cassandra with the ability to suit up if needed, Ghost Maker has a fun report with Bruce now that they are working together and not rivals/antagonists, Huntress is more prominent, and other family members are available except for Damian but he’s doing his own thing now. So it kind of feels like we had to go through the shift that was Joker War to get to a enjoyable Bat-family status quo.
To me, it just seems like Tynion can't write a Batman book without turning it into a Batman FAMILY book. I just miss the days when Batman just told good, street level solo stories with occisional help from Robin or ONE, maybe two family members at a time. I gives me the impression that Tynion actually has very little to no interest in Bruce/Batman, and secretly just wants to write a big team book. Between his run on Justice League Dark and his turning every Batman book he writes into a Bat-Family book, maybe he's secretly auditioning to one day get bumped up to the MAIN Justice League book?