Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    I think a more poignant scene would be Batman letting Joker die by prioritising saving the life of someone else over Joker. It would be easier to swallow Batman doing at the very least.
    That is even better. The only problem is this: does the Joker want Bruce to finally step up and do something along those lines (Joker would win in a way if he did). If he did, that allow DC to bring one of the other Jokers in to replace that one. No way they are going to have 3 of them running around forever. I think they will pick one and go with that moving forward. In a way, it would allow them to do a "reboot" of the Joker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    If it's off any major plot significance DC will let you know (Example: To be continued in Detective Comics 1023) otherwise your probably fine reading just Batman, though you may pick up some cool periphery facts or action, reading the other titles, your choice.
    This. Tynion is handling it, so Batman should be the only one you really need. So far, I think Nightwing may also be relevant. But you don't need to pick up all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    No way they are going to have 3 of them running around forever. I think they will pick one and go with that moving forward. In a way, it would allow them to do a "reboot" of the Joker.
    Interesting. Maybe even 2 Jokers will die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Interesting. Maybe even 2 Jokers will die.
    Possibly. It hinges on what happens with John's The 3 Jokers. The simple fact you have three running around affords a writer a rare opportunity: to write a canon "Death Of The Joker" and actually have it stick. That's what I would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Possibly. It hinges on what happens with John's The 3 Jokers. The simple fact you have three running around affords a writer a rare opportunity: to write a canon "Death Of The Joker" and actually have it stick. That's what I would like to see.
    Ooh, that makes it more exciting, if the stakes are higher. I hope the stakes are higher now. I want some consequences! Heh.

And something a little more unexpected. If Jason or Kate do it it's not that interesting, they've done it before, make it someone who hasn't crossed the line. Probably won't happen, but I'm having fun speculating.

BANNED

The Joker war couldn't tie into teen Titans? I guess it's due to Damian being a trash character.

Fantastic Member

I always thought they will kill two of the three jokers in joker war as well at least I am not the only one who hopes that is the case it would make the story better and make more sense as well.

Fantastic Member

I hope he breaks up bat cat grifter and selina can be an interesting romantic pairing. That is why they never put zealot with bruce at all. They had her with deathstroke instead or dick with fairchild either. Well that is my wish at least

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Ooh, that makes it more exciting, if the stakes are higher. I hope the stakes are higher now. I want some consequences! Heh.

And something a little more unexpected. If Jason or Kate do it it's not that interesting, they've done it before, make it someone who hasn't crossed the line. Probably won't happen, but I'm having fun speculating.
    For me, Jason deserved to kill at least 1 Joker. Cmon, it was once his life purpose. I disagree if Joker will be killed by someone who never 'cross the line' before, I don't want Batman to be fussy about his family member killing (again). Remember when Dick almost killed Joker but the Batman revived Joker and said that Dick must berating himself for his 'brutal act?' Even though perhaps Dick can kill Joker this time and blamed that to insanity-post-amnesia.
    I just hope that Joker will not be killed by Tynion's new character (sorry I forgot his name, anti-Joker or something). Writers often want to make his origin character become famous, and title "Joker killer" will get him boost popularity (perhaps).

Mighty Member

Im loving the Build up to Joker war.Do you think joker war is why the three jokers was postponed till now

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Preview for the first part of joker war as well as a interview with Tynion: https://www.comicsbeat.com/james-tyn...ss-conference/

New info

-He worked most closely with Jurgens and Tomasi on joker war, other writers mostly did their own thing
    -He wants his Joker to be more of a gang leader compared to King and Snyder, who wrote Joker as a individual character in their stories
    -Stripping Batman's wealth away from the cahracter will allow for telling stories without the messy questions surrounding his money
    -Bruce wasting so much money on being batman and being part of the 1% will be explored in his run, but after joker war
    -joker war zone one shot was created because they had more time do the lockdown
    -ghost maker will be a big charater, showing up at the end of 100. Not exactly a villain, Jimenez designed the character and we will get more details next month
    -Joker War will involve healing a lot of rifts in the bat family and will lead to a more robust batfam going into 2021
    -Harper Row is coming back simply because Tynion loves the character
    -Because he just got finished working on justice league and death metal, he wants to just focus on gotham and doesn't want any other heroes in his run
    -The Catwoman tie in issues will be important, dealing with how other villains react to Joker War. It will impact what happens in both batman and catwoman

Astonishing Member

Is Ghost Maker the character Bruce will deal with in 'Tec? There was some weirdo on the posters.
    Joker War will involve healing a lot of rifts in the bat family and will lead to a more robust batfam going into 2021
    Just as I thought, it will be something like anti-Death of the Family. And that's good, I really want to see Batfamily united once again.
    I guess even Damian storyline eventually will lead him to reconciling with everyone.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 07-20-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Preview for the first part of joker war as well as a interview with Tynion: https://www.comicsbeat.com/james-tyn...ss-conference/

New info

-He worked most closely with Jurgens and Tomasi on joker war, other writers mostly did their own thing
    -He wants his Joker to be more of a gang leader compared to King and Snyder, who wrote Joker as a individual character in their stories
    -Stripping Batman's wealth away from the cahracter will allow for telling stories without the messy questions surrounding his money
    -Bruce wasting so much money on being batman and being part of the 1% will be explored in his run, but after joker war
    -joker war zone one shot was created because they had more time do the lockdown
    -ghost maker will be a big charater, showing up at the end of 100. Not exactly a villain, Jimenez designed the character and we will get more details next month
    -Joker War will involve healing a lot of rifts in the bat family and will lead to a more robust batfam going into 2021
    -Harper Row is coming back simply because Tynion loves the character
    -Because he just got finished working on justice league and death metal, he wants to just focus on gotham and doesn't want any other heroes in his run
    -The Catwoman tie in issues will be important, dealing with how other villains react to Joker War. It will impact what happens in both batman and catwoman
    Interesting, thanks for the summary. I hope they keep Bruce “poor” for a while, relatively speaking. Lots of cool street-level stories with Batman operating on a shoestring budget are waiting to be told, like with Year 100.

I wasn't looking forward to get another joker story but this seems new and different. I also like the idea of not having all the other bat characters involved and just staying in Gotham and grounded. I'm actually excited now. I'm also intrigued on where tynion goes after 100.

It's looking like tynion will be on batman for at least the rest of 2020, which is good fine but hopefully we be someone new who has never written batman in 2021.

Batman has made it 80 years with out his money being a problem. Im ok with playing with a poor Batman, but let’s not pretend it’s been a problem hanging over the characters head LoL.