Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker war

Incredible Member

Joker War hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.
    I am totally over the overuse of Joker by the writers (I especially dislike the Batman Who Laughs).
    However, so far, there seems to be less focus on the Joker, and more focus on the implications to Batman himself.

I am hoping this series ends soon enough, so that we can focus on the fallout post-Joker War. Will be interesting how quickly they retcon the public knowledge of Wayne's fortune with Batman.

I'm more interested in Ghost Maker's appearance in issue 100. Joker's war is alright but I'm more interested in the new faces than the old ones.

I can't get into this. Maybe it because I feel like they just did this kind of storyline- Batman looses his fortune and has to go back to basics. Hell, this was the plot of The Dark Knight Rises. I'm also over the Joker.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Clown-Hunter is a nice addition and puts a spanner in the age old Batman vs Joker battles that people are starting to get tired of.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Clown-Hunter is a nice addition and puts a spanner in the age old Batman vs Joker battles that people are starting to get tired of.
    I think Clown-Hunter is an interesting concept but I feel it shouldn’t be only one person. I feel like there would be like a small army of likeminded people sick of the Joker....then again given how many people he kills on the regular I can see why many people would just stay in there homes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What is going on with Killer-Croc, last I saw him he was a good-guy, is he going bad again? He's supposed to show-up in this Joker War I see.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    What is going on with Killer-Croc, last I saw him he was a good-guy, is he going bad again? He's supposed to show-up in this Joker War I see.
    Tomasi made a tweet to a killer croc fan on twitter, telling him to wait and see. So I assume Croc won't actually be bad in this.

Okay, that's good to know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think Clown-Hunter is an interesting concept but I feel it shouldn’t be only one person. I feel like there would be like a small army of likeminded people sick of the Joker....then again given how many people he kills on the regular I can see why many people would just stay in there homes.
    That could be a potential narrative progression down the track. So far, Clown-Hunter is one individual. But, maybe their actions can inspire others to take up their cause.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Surprised about how much I am enjoying the story!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Okay, that's good to know.
    The story came out and I really liked a moment between Croc and Batman at the end of the issue, think killer croc fans should enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The story came out and I really liked a moment between Croc and Batman at the end of the issue, think killer croc fans should enjoy it.
    Hm, okay, will check it out.

Astonishing Member

The thing with The Joker War is that, for me, we are halfway into it and not a lot has happened. The last issue (#97) ended exactly how it started with Bruce unconscious again. Don't get me wrong, as i am enjoying it, but we really need to see momentum starting to build. A lot of writers start arcs slow (thinking they have ample room), then hit issue 3/4 and start rushing everything. At the point I am more interested in the fallout from it.

Also, I jumped onto Batgirl for the tie-ins and was utterly confused. Where the hell do those issues fit because, so far, I can't reconcile them with what's happening in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Also, I jumped onto Batgirl for the tie-ins and was utterly confused. Where the hell do those issues fit because, so far, I can't reconcile them with what's happening in other books.
    That's not surprising. The writer wasn't brought into the meetings about the event so she's said it's basically non-canon at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's not surprising. The writer wasn't brought into the meetings about the event so she's said it's basically non-canon at this point.
    I thought that was the previous writer, the current one did 'agree' with the one who made that claim though.

I'm not sure anyone sat in on this meeting, or it did not matter. Detective is just acting as if Batman has a twin, as usual. Nightwing and Red Hood sort of lineup, but still seem to have a discrepancy with a certain sluggish duped hero, and Batgirl easily fits in shortly after Joker takes over but before everything goes to hell (so definitely before Nightwing/Red Hood).