Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Black Bolt and Medusa with the Universal Inhumans and now Cyclops/Jean/Logan has showed that poly relationships can work in the Marvel Universe.

They should show more instead of the usual on-again-off-again couples, especially the young characters.

I’m not suggesting this for all characters, for example like Reed/Sue or Ben/Alicia
    The Inhuman example is actually a no, Black Bolt was married but didn't sleep with the Universal Wives, and Medusa was also not the happiest for it.

But yes the Cyclops/Jean/Logan is a great example of ending love triangles and stupid forced conflicts to "spice" up relationships.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The Inhuman example is actually a no, Black Bolt was married but didn't sleep with the Universal Wives, and Medusa was also not the happiest for it.

But yes the Cyclops/Jean/Logan is a great example of ending love triangles and stupid forced conflicts to "spice" up relationships.
    Really. I thought I remember a latter issue where he consummated the marriages.

We need an all-gay all-male comics! ♂️♂️

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    We need an all-gay all-male comics! ♂️♂️
    Young Avengers pretty much does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Good luck getting notes from Kirby and Lee.
    Are they still dead?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I can see what you mean.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Captain America IS political.
    This is why I hate Captain America comics. His comics is always bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Half of Marvel's artists are mediocre.
    Yup... I can agree with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    No. More. Deaths.
    Thanos want to meet with you!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    [Your Favorite Character] is less valuable than [My Favorite Character].
    Especially when somebody talks about The Goddess Storm!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Baker View Post
    Kill Spider Gwen. Gwen Stacy has always meant more in death than this corny knock off female version of Spider-Man. Controversial I know...
    My controversial opinion is that death in comic books as a whole is largely superficial and unnecessary.

Astonishing Member

My complaint would be that he seemingly causes the IQs of everyone else in the room to drop just by being there.

Bring Back Spandex Punisher!
    033.jpg

I want a Wolverine comics drawn by Ardian Syaf! But only when he drawn it the same way as he drawn his artworks found in Deviantart!
    (I know... I know... Thanks to what he did in X-Men Gold, he is forever banned to draw a Marvel comics... And his art on X-Men Gold was bad...)
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 08-08-2020 at 08:49 PM.

On the contrary, Cap comics are fantastic BECAUSE they are political. But then in addition to being a Marvel fan, I’m a Trekkie so allegorical storytelling is my jam. Which leads to my controversial opinion, I suppose, which is allegorical storytelling is superior to all other kinds. Personally, just me, I like my fiction to mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    My complaint would be that he seemingly causes the IQs of everyone else in the room to drop just by being there.
    This sounds remarkably like “how dare the character I prefer be flawed and/or wrong about something and this other guy point out those flaws within the narrative” in which case, your setting yourself up for continuous disappointment as: a) as an intellectual property worth millions Cap will always be a part of the Marvel Universe moreover he’s a useful tool narratively to be the voice of reason and for that reason writers love to use him b) people who’s first reaction is to measure up characters against each other will never find contentment because in serial storytelling that spans decades and multiple writers you always have a mixture of good and bad takes, that’s just the nature of the business c) characters need to grow, in team books, Cap, as the leader, helps them do that, it’s his job, in Cap books Cap learns from others, there is a reason Cap surrounds himself with strong personalities re: Sam, Sharon, Bernie, Rachel, Arnie, etc. in that he’s learned something from all of them and none of them are afraid to call him out if he’s misstepped and he actually appreciates that about them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Are they still dead?
    Yes.

But don't they have old notebooks or something still around that could be tossed in a director's cut of book they did.

If not-try this-seek out fans and have some of their commentary in it. Commentary as is we Fantastic Four #283 the first book with them you bought or what issue made you fan of (blank).

Or are the original sketches and uncolored art or lettered still around?

Or you seek out whoever is still alive from that times and let them talk about that book.