Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    If they were justified in shooting Hulk into space, why not shoot Wolverine out as well? Honestly who's murdered more people? You seemingly can't kill either of these men, so who's actually the more dangerous one to humans?
    Would it really surprise you if they tried, and it failed?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    * Civil War should not have made the Pro-reg side the villains.

* The so-called "marginalizing of the X-Men" was a paranoid fan myth. They had multiple books even when they weren't in the movies which is better than most characters without a movie deal.

* Dr Doom is a complete monster whom fans have been deluded into thinking has a noble side.

* Far too many marvel villainesses are either femme fatales, women scorned, misandrists or female lackeys.
    I would agree, nothing cemented this for me then when he sacrificed a woman who actually loved him for demonic power and sent Franklin to Hell while using baby Valeria as magic puppet.

The Illuminati were right to shoot the Hulk into space.

Far too many people focus on the "do you know what NASCAR is" part of Sally Floyd's stupid speech and not the fact that she supports the Clean Wehrmacht myth.
    What is that and how does it apply to her in that moment?

To this day i fail to see the point of Iceman coming out of the closest, he went to having terrible luck with woman to having terrible luck with men (i think we all know this thing between him and Frosts brother will not end well) at this point i expect the return of the LA Champions and they have him hook up with Herc only to have that fall through as well.

Another thing, there is no separation between humans and mutants, they are the same species. Humans give birth to Mutants and Mutants give birth to humans.

I liked Psylocke more when she was body switched and really dislike the current thing with Excalibur and how they use her in that book.

The MCU should have ended with Endgame, there is nothing to gain from continuing just to milk the F4 and X-men.

Having Dr. Doom being a potential threat level on par with Thanos for another phase of the MCU is stupid, why not Kang? Why not Galactus? Why not the Masters of Evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I would agree, nothing cemented this for me then when he sacrificed a woman who actually loved him for demonic power and sent Franklin to Hell while using baby Valeria as magic puppet.
    Yeah your right. Can’t look past this.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The Illuminati were 100% justified in everything they did. From sending Hulk into space, keeping the incursions too themselves (not like anyone else could of done anything about it, except Doom ofcourse and he did) and to mind wiping Captain America. The Illuminati gets irrational hate, it's as if people don't understand what was at stake, no one in that group has to apologize for anything. In fact I would like them to secretly reform maybe with some new members replacing unavailable old ones. Panther, Strange, maybe Reed after what Xavier did to him, Fury is back so he's candidate and two or three others. In these current times the MU needs a group like this. With all these world ending events happening frequently, the emergence of the nation of Krakoa and other factors this group needs to be a presence working behind the scenes to safeguard the world.
    In agreement with most of what you said here except leaving Tony off of the Illuminati. It was his idea to make it so he should be on it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-24-2020 at 10:47 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Illuminati were 100% justified in everything they did. From sending Hulk into space, keeping the incursions too themselves (not like anyone else could of done anything about it, except Doom ofcourse and he did) and to mind wiping Captain America. The Illuminati gets irrational hate, it's as if people don't understand what was at stake, no one in that group has to apologize for anything. In fact I would like them to secretly reform maybe with some new members replacing unavailable old ones. Panther, Strange, maybe Reed after what Xavier did to him, Fury is back so he's candidate and two or three others. In these current times the MU needs a group like this. With all these world ending events happening frequently, the emergence of the nation of Krakoa and other factors this group needs to be a presence working behind the scenes to safeguard the world.
    Yeah, no. The book makes it clear them keeping the incursion - an event that was affecting everyone - was a stupid idea. These types of events are solved when all the heroes work together instead of a handful of people working in secret.

The Illuminati were 100% justified in everything they did. From sending Hulk into space, keeping the incursions too themselves (not like anyone else could of done anything about it, except Doom of course and he did) and to mind wiping Captain America. The Illuminati gets irrational hate, it's as if people don't understand what was at stake, no one in that group has to apologize for anything. In fact I would like them to secretly reform maybe with some new members replacing unavailable old ones. Panther, Strange, maybe Reed after what Xavier did to him, Fury is back so he's candidate and two or three others. In these current times the MU needs a group like this. With all these world ending events happening frequently, the emergence of the nation of Krakoa and other factors this group needs to be a presence working behind the scenes to safeguard the world.
    Were they justified? Yes, they were...did they make the right calls though? No they did not, they planted the seeds for Secret Invasion, their decision in regards to the Infinity Gems had them fall into the hands of the Hood of all people, their actions with the Beyonder did not matter in the end because he still came back to Earth because why would he listen to lesser beings? And the Hulk, someone once said to them that the Hulk always found a way back and it usually did not end well for the people or persons involved and this was just what happened with WWH because they counted on the ship landing on the designated planet we saw in the What If? Issue and it didn't also why in the hell did they think it would be a good idea to put a video saying we did this for your own good instead of painting bulleyes on their back and not just shoot him off into space and therefore he wouldn't go after them later. The biggest proof of how much of a bad idea that was for me is in the Ghost Rider tie-in, the GR himself did not think they were innocent and worse saving.

They were pretty much the poster child for the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Well they certainly had that in spades now didn't they?

The Incursions was by far even worse, you say "not like anyone else could have done anything about it", how can anyone do anything about it if they don't know? Blue Marvel said it best "Why didn't you tell anyone about this!?". I mean think about it, near they end they enlisted Banner, Pym, Braddock, Cho, Sue, Franklin...why didn't they do that from the start? I know someone will say that's just how the story was built but it bears saying.

The last thing the current MU needs is another Illuminati, who would you even put on it that won't even make a bigger mess? Doom? Banner? Pymtron? McCoy? Honestly with the current state of affairs it would be a disaster to have such a group. Imagine such a group forms and they discuss the current state of the world with Krakoa and what they are doing, what do you think happens if Xavier and Magneto find out it? S**t storm that what, or worse they are a part of it, even bigger one.

To this day i fail to see the point of Iceman coming out of the closest, he went to having terrible luck with woman to having terrible luck with men (i think we all know this thing between him and Frosts brother will not end well) at this point i expect the return of the LA Champions and they have him hook up with Herc only to have that fall through as well.

Another thing, there is no separation between humans and mutants, they are the same species. Humans give birth to Mutants and Mutants give birth to humans.

I liked Psylocke more when she was body switched and really dislike the current thing with Excalibur and how they use her in that book.

The MCU should have ended with Endgame, there is nothing to gain from continuing just to milk the F4 and X-men.

Having Dr. Doom being a potential threat level on par with Thanos for another phase of the MCU is stupid, why not Kang? Why not Galactus? Why not the Masters of Evil?
    Who says he will be on par with Thanos?

Who says he will be on par with Thanos?
    They way i heard it, they plan to do Galactus first and Doc Doom is to be the new looming threat.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

To this day i fail to see the point of Iceman coming out of the closest, he went to having terrible luck with woman to having terrible luck with men (i think we all know this thing between him and Frosts brother will not end well) ?
    That's actually a good thing- he didn't become a whole new person just because he came out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That's actually a good thing- he didn't become a whole new person just because he came out.
    Yeah, I hate the excuse "that guy sucks at relationships, therefore they must be gay".

If that's true, then nearly everyone in Marvel may be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah, I hate the excuse "that guy sucks at relationships, therefore they must be gay".

If that's true, then nearly everyone in Marvel may be gay.
    So basically Johnny Storm is next then?

Extraordinary Member

Were they justified? Yes, they were...did they make the right calls though? No they did not, they planted the seeds for Secret Invasion, their decision in regards to the Infinity Gems had them fall into the hands of the Hood of all people, their actions with the Beyonder did not matter in the end because he still came back to Earth because why would he listen to lesser beings? And the Hulk, someone once said to them that the Hulk always found a way back and it usually did not end well for the people or persons involved and this was just what happened with WWH because they counted on the ship landing on the designated planet we saw in the What If? Issue and it didn't also why in the hell did they think it would be a good idea to put a video saying we did this for your own good instead of painting bulleyes on their back and not just shoot him off into space and therefore he wouldn't go after them later. The biggest proof of how much of a bad idea that was for me is in the Ghost Rider tie-in, the GR himself did not think they were innocent and worse saving.

They were pretty much the poster child for the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Well they certainly had that in spades now didn't they?

The Incursions was by far even worse, you say "not like anyone else could have done anything about it", how can anyone do anything about it if they don't know? Blue Marvel said it best "Why didn't you tell anyone about this!?". I mean think about it, near they end they enlisted Banner, Pym, Braddock, Cho, Sue, Franklin...why didn't they do that from the start? I know someone will say that's just how the story was built but it bears saying.

The last thing the current MU needs is another Illuminati, who would you even put on it that won't even make a bigger mess? Doom? Banner? Pymtron? McCoy? Honestly with the current state of affairs it would be a disaster to have such a group. Imagine such a group forms and they discuss the current state of the world with Krakoa and what they are doing, what do you think happens if Xavier and Magneto find out it? S**t storm that what, or worse they are a part of it, even bigger one.
    Are the current Daughters of Liberty pretty much a female version of the Illuminati?

Astonishing Member

So basically Johnny Storm is next then?
    You talk as though there aren't people already pushing for it.