Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

We have seen Captain America and Captain Hydra, but where is my morally ambiguous Cap?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    We have seen Captain America and Captain Hydra, but where is my morally ambiguous Cap?
    What are you talking about? That’s US Agent, practically.

US Agent isn’t Steve Rogers. It wouldn’t be the same.

Boisterously Confused

Wasn't that Ultimate Cap?

Ultimate Cap was quite similar to regular Cap. I mean a Cap who probably would have sympathized with some of the things the Nazis did and been disgusted by other things.

Ultimate Cap was quite similar to regular Cap. I mean a Cap who probably would have sympathized with some of the things the Nazis did and been disgusted by other things.
    Except Cap of 616 never did and was created by men who based him on their own experiences in that era. So they were still worlds apart.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Invincible Member

Disagree somewhat. Ultimate Cap was a jerk and borderline A-hole, but I don't think he expressed any sympathies with Nazis.

Astonishing Member

Marvel has been greatly hindered by its lack of concrete timeline.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Marvel has been greatly hindered by its lack of concrete timeline.
    Many a DC fan wishes DC had been so hindered.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Disagree somewhat. Ultimate Cap was a jerk and borderline A-hole, but I don't think he expressed any sympathies with Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Except Cap of 616 never did and was created by men who based him on their own experiences in that era. So they were still worlds apart.
    Both of you obviously misread my post. I said Ultimate Cap was way too similar to 616 Cap to be the Cap I’m referring to. Meaning he was just as anti-Nazi.

Both of you obviously misread my post. I said Ultimate Cap was way too similar to 616 Cap to be the Cap I’m referring to. Meaning he was just as anti-Nazi.
    The only thing Ultimate Steve had in common with his 616 counterpart was being anti-Nazi. You don't need to be a pure-hearted good guy to be that. Ultimate Steve was xenophobic towards the French and approved of the war in the Middle East.

Every time someone uses the word "propaganda" to describe the Captain Marvel movie I think they've just discovered that word and are using it to sound smarter than they are.

Carol is not a bad guy for not asking Monica's permission to take the Captain Marvel name. Carol is far from the first legacy character to take her predecessor's name and Monica herself took the Captain Marvel name when the original owner was dead.

Astonishing Member

I feel like most of the MCU films portrayed any non-Avengers films as filler. They made a franchise that couldn't really stand on its individual characters.

I think this video on Super Sentai crossovers highlights why. Most of the Avengers came off as supporting characters in Steve and Tony's story. With them gone, it's hard to see the franchise continuing.

Astonishing Member

^^^ If we're talking about the Avengers movies going forward, I might agree but otherwise, these other characters did well on their own without the big names. They'll never be Tony or Cap but they don't need to be. I'd say the MCU had mimicked the MU fairly well in the who's who of top tier Avengers, expecting these new guys to be on that same level is honestly unrealistic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    ^^^ If we're talking about the Avengers movies going forward, I might agree but otherwise, these other characters did well on their own without the big names. They'll never be Tony or Cap but they don't need to be. I'd say the MCU had mimicked the MU fairly well in the who's who of top tier Avengers, expecting these new guys to be on that same level is honestly unrealistic.
    I’m not just talking about the MCU but how Marvel in general feels like it’s discarded independent heroes and focuses entirely on teams.