Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    The Fantastic Four should get caught in a time warp and suddenly become themselves back in the 1960's in the Stan Lee-Jack Kirby era, with no knowledge at all of what happened to them in the other timeline and no immediate way to get back to the future. Crystal would still be with Johnny Storm. Franklin would either not be born yet or would be a baby without any powers. There would be no Valeria and Reed and Sue would never have separated, as happened in the mid 1970's. Sue's codename would revert back to the Invisible Girl. After a few years, Franklin could develop powers and get them back to the 2020 timeline.
    Okay. Aside from reprinting some of the greatest hits, what would be the point?

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    The Hood is an interesting villain and deserves better than what he’s been given. Guy could own his own ongoing and we could view the criminal world through his eyes.
    I agree with this.

"With great power, comes great opportunity" he certainly had a lot of potential and I think I'd read about him is he wasn't ...
    Idk they're doing something wrong with him. Making him like instead of prime machinator neutral evil they make him kind of over-reaching stupid evil.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Donny Cates sucks.
    I don't think He does, BUT He's very inconsistent, and many times He gives the "wrong voice"for quite a few characters. When He's good, he is really good, however far below the
    Marvel's most talented creators, like Zdarsky, Ewing and Hickman, imo.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Okay. Aside from reprinting some of the greatest hits, what would be the point?
    Updated artwork and a chance to bring some nostalgia back to some of us old timers who started with the FF back in the 1960's.

Boisterously Confused

Updated artwork and a chance to bring some nostalgia back to some of us old timers who started with the FF back in the 1960's.
    I see what you're getting at, and I wouldn't mind it, if they spent at least as much time on untold tales of the era.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Agreed. I am not seeking a complete repeating of old stories, just some of the major ones. New material would be just as nice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I don't think He does, BUT He's very inconsistent, and many times He gives the "wrong voice"for quite a few characters. When He's good, he is really good, however far below the
    Marvel's most talented creators, like Zdarsky, Ewing and Hickman, imo.
    If it is his own thing yes, but that's the problem Marvel has a history as well as current running stories. The fact he hasn't adapted to this is a problem.

Astonishing Member

I feel like Spider-Man: Life Story is overrated. It felt more like a recollection on things that Peter failed to do rather than a cohesive story.

I wish Marvel characters had more permanent power-ups and progression.

I would be completely ok if all of the previous heroes retired do to old age like in MC2. Keeping all the characters the same no matter the era is extremely annoying.

I would've preferred if the heroes all existed in different universes. There are way too many "crossovers".
    Last edited by PCN24454; 08-05-2020 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added more opinions

Astonishing Member

I'm not a fan of Peter A David's Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 08-06-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Peter A David's Spider-Man.
    I can see what you mean.

Extraordinary Member

Black Bolt and Medusa with the Universal Inhumans and now Cyclops/Jean/Logan has showed that poly relationships can work in the Marvel Universe.

They should show more instead of the usual on-again-off-again couples, especially the young characters.

I’m not suggesting this for all characters, for example like Reed/Sue or Ben/Alicia

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    The Hood is an interesting villain and deserves better than what he’s been given. Guy could own his own ongoing and we could view the criminal world through his eyes.
    Agreed, I've always been a fan of the Hood
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Agreed. I am not seeking a complete repeating of old stories, just some of the major ones. New material would be just as nice.
    Sounds like a version of "Classic X-Men" for the FF is what you might like. Repring\t old Lee/Kirby stories but add in a back-up story or pages or at least additional pages by new writers and artists to add to the originals.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sounds like a version of "Classic X-Men" for the FF is what you might like. Repring\t old Lee/Kirby stories but add in a back-up story or pages or at least additional pages by new writers and artists to add to the originals.
    Or Maybe a director's cut with actual notes from those two and editors. What got left out or changed.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or Maybe a director's cut with actual notes from those two and editors. What got left out or changed.
    Good luck getting notes from Kirby and Lee.