Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Boisterously Confused

Default Your Marvel-Only Controversial Opinions (2020...)

I couldn't find a recent version of this, so I thought I'd try it (Mods, feel free to consolidate this if ive missed it).

Byrne's revision of the Vision in Avengers West Coast was the best version of the character ever put to page. That's an uncommon one for me as I typically prefer characters as created.

Kill Spider Gwen. Gwen Stacy has always meant more in death than this corny knock off female version of Spider-Man. Controversial I know...

[Your Favorite Character] is less valuable than [My Favorite Character].

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Goddammit you didn't have to put the /thread so soon haha.

But I'm gonna have a go: Hydra Cap was a great idea and fun to read before Secret Empire

BANNED

the x-men deserve their own seperate universe since 999999998.9% of interactions with the rest of the marvel universe for over a decade have been on-sided sessions of mutants being the villainous punching bags but also the cash cows everyone gets to take a swing at to promote their sales.

The x-men have enough established and even more potential to be stuck in a shared universe, make the invisble wall that already exists into a real one.

The fact that the Miles Morales character's movie rights are with Sony is better for the character. Just like Deadpool being with FOX before Disney bought them was probably better for his character.

Miles Morales' star has risen so much that he is no longer the third member of the trio of Ms. Marvel and Nova. He is the star and they are pretty much his backup singers.

During the Covid induced misery the industry is going through DC has shown real leadership. Marvel has shown a way to make variants in the most pretty way possible. https://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-on...ariant-covers/

Feige's dislike of Loeb led him to using The Eternals instead of The Inhumans. Yes, the Inhumans were on TV but that show was so terrible everyone forgot it and those who haven't forgot it want to forget it. Feige should have just swallowed his pride and used The Inhumans.

Maybe the people that were furloughed...don't really need to come back?

We all liked Daredevil...but no one wants to see the Marvel/Disney take on the character.

The Blade movie WILL disappoint. Why? See my take on Daredevil.

Marvel needs to buy IDW.

Jane Thor getting into the movies has nothing to do with the storyline being good (90s style event storytelling dross combined with people who will not tolerate having holes in their collections) and everything to do with the fact that they have burned through all the good stuff and the movie machine must be fed.

Marvel should buy Boom Comics.

Dan Didio being let go at DC was the right decision. However, I feel that the problem with him was that he overstayed his welcome. I WOULD WELCOME HIM AT MARVEL. CB is overrated, Alonso set the bar so low that anyone would look good by comparison. Search your feelings...you know it's true.

Marvel should buy Valiant Comics. What? You really think IDW, Boom and Valiant are going to cost a lot? All Marvel has to do is wait until Diamond goes under. Of course IDW could cost a lot because they have their Netflix shows...HA HA HA https://deadline.com/2020/03/v-wars-...on-1202896015/ Well Valiant has had a Bloodshoot movie and are working on their own cinematic universe....HA HA HA
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/249...-opening-night.

Joe Quesada needs to come back as an artist on a title, any title.

Moon Knight will forever be an awesome costume in search of an interesting person to wear it. If you made a pie chart of what makes Moon Knight cool the Original costume would take up the entire thing.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the x-men deserve their own seperate universe since 999999998.9% of interactions with the rest of the marvel universe for over a decade have been on-sided sessions of mutants being the villainous punching bags but also the cash cows everyone gets to take a swing at to promote their sales.

The x-men have enough established and even more potential to be stuck in a shared universe, make the invisble wall that already exists into a real one.
    Preach! Testify!! Let him use ya!! Lol

Yea I agree 100%

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

effin' PREACH!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I feel like this is a good one and done. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Fantastic Member

Controversy Hmmm....

I like Brie Larson as Captain Marvel

There should be no more Time travel or Phoenix force in the Xmen or now Avengers books

Magic users like Dr.Strange etc should be in their own universe

The Marvel comics universe should be rebooted

Fantastic Four should be mutants

Kitty Pryde should be bi

Iceman should be straight

Rachel Grey should not be Jean and Scott's daughter from the future that no longer exists. She should be Sara Grey's daughter and Jean should be her aunt. Less convoluted

Scarlet Witch should not be a Marvel character

Marvel comics has too many characters
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 06-15-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Scarlet Witch should not be a Marvel character
    Not taking issue, merely curious: Where should Scarlet Witch be?

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

I have two:

1. Jason Aaron is a mediocre, sometimes bad, writer. My latest example: Why was Valkyrie #10 put on digital release only? If the book was doing that well, they would have published it.

2. Marvel doesn't care about comics shops. My reason is related to the above, they put several books on digital release only. This benefits Marvel because they still get some money for the artists work, the comics shop gets nothing out of it, except maybe to save on overhead of paying for a book that might not sell. This might be another sign that the format is dying and only exists to keep movie properties out there.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    I have two:

1. Jason Aaron is a mediocre, sometimes bad, writer..
    Aaron was good in the past, but he's one of those writers that eventually allowed his bad habits to get the best of him (happened to Bendis or Claremont, for example).

Boisterously Confused

Peter Parker should adopt a new alias, leave the Spider stuff to Miles, and be allowed to outgrow the misunderstood hard luck hero thing for good. Let his new identity evolve him in-universe to a widely acclaimed and beloved hero on the order of Captain America.

Sam Wilson shouldve remained Captain America, and as far as Im concerned they should bring him back under the mantle ASAP