Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I never liked that retcon that Bucky was some elite black ops super soldier. It always felt like it was trying too hard to make a silly fun character into something dark gritty and series.
    Forgot that one.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I never liked that retcon that Bucky was some elite black ops super soldier. It always felt like it was trying too hard to make a silly fun character into something dark gritty and series.
    Hm. While I see your point, pre-"Winter Soldier" arc Bucky was right for his time. "Winter Soldier" arc-on Bucky is right for his time.

Ms. Marvel is being held back by her power set. Stretching is fine in a team setting, but a solo character needs a more interesting power. Yes, I know what a polymorph is but to the average person she just comes across as someone who stretches.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Tigra is better as a solo character than as an Avenger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I thought it was a change that made sense. Him being a mascot that just followed a unit of soldiers made little sense. Being a kid who lied bout his age to join the army made more sense. How effective a soldier he was varies, on his own he is fine with Cap he need to be bailed out.
    Doesn't fit with continuity though as the US army already knew that Bucky was underage.

Rachel Grey should be the alternate-future-daughter of Jean Grey and Logan, not Jean Grey and Cyclops.

Captain America IS political.

Sue Storm should be the leader of the Fantastic Four.

The Young Avengers should have been what the Champions became.

Willie Lumpkin should have died with Stan Lee and had that be a tribute scene in Fantastic Four.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Willie Lumpkin should have died with Stan Lee and had that be a tribute scene in Fantastic Four.
    That would have been neat.

Astonishing Member

Donny Cates sucks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Donny Cates sucks.
    Do you want to elaborate on that? I want to make sure how much I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Donny Cates sucks.
    Controversial opinions...not rude ones.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Do you want to elaborate on that? I want to make sure how much I agree with you.
    Well the biggest crticism that i had seen on him, besides his love for edgy anti-heroes and Knull, is that he is basically like Aaron in his style, so if you didn't like his, chances are that you wouldn't like Cates either.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    He constantly ignores established continuity to make his stories work, and is praised as being great though honestly will do one shocking thing in the first quarter of whatever he is writing only the rest being just padding until he gets to the end.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The Hood is an interesting villain and deserves better than what he’s been given. Guy could own his own ongoing and we could view the criminal world through his eyes.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

The Fantastic Four should get caught in a time warp and suddenly become themselves back in the 1960's in the Stan Lee-Jack Kirby era, with no knowledge at all of what happened to them in the other timeline and no immediate way to get back to the future. Crystal would still be with Johnny Storm. Franklin would either not be born yet or would be a baby without any powers. There would be no Valeria and Reed and Sue would never have separated, as happened in the mid 1970's. Sue's codename would revert back to the Invisible Girl. After a few years, Franklin could develop powers and get them back to the 2020 timeline.