Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Spider-Man shouldn't be excused from smacking Mary Jane. MJ should've called him out on that time.

Any Spider-Clones shouldn't be allowed to live.

Namor should be seen as a full blown villain now.

Half of Marvel's artists are mediocre.

Brian Bendis was the worst thing to happen to Marvel.

Mr. Fantastic and Hank Pym should get cut some slack.

Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Squirrel Girl and Nadia Pym are still lame.

TOO. MANY. X-TITLES!!!

I hate titles constantly getting restarted. Where are we now, Fantastic Four Volume 12 now?

Marvel's covers should start looking like how it used to be in the good ol' days. I hate when the titles of comics are either pretty small or all the way at the bottom. It looks too tacky and lazy.

No. More. Deaths.

Marvel being part of Disney is very uncomfortable.

I love Mile Morales way better than Peter.
    Last edited by Dr. Skeleton; 06-21-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Not strictly Marvel but ...

Thought balloon as a perfect valid tool for writers and they certainly aren't any sillier than word balloons or narration captions. They need to be used more often.

Covers need to go back to having word balloons again.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the pff was an sound, like a sarcastic coff because it's a really strange statement since we have had many teams focused on a specfic part of the globe, so the agents of atlas aren't anything new and certaintly not something that promotes segregation.
    Agents of Atlas
    "Putting all of the new East-Asian heroes in a team composed entirely of Asians."
    Yeah that part feels like racial segregation.

Also removing Asians from already established teams like Amadeus in Champions, then throwing him into Atlas. just feels so off.
    Last edited by irhyme; 06-21-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    We should never have been certain which of Moon Knight's original three identities was the real one. And maybe should even have been given occasional cause to doubt them all.

That just feels creepy. A relationship here and there? Fine. Even a shallow one or two? Fine. But the trend begins to seem like dudes injecting their own fetishes and fantasies into the characters.
    I forgot to mention that Bendis had Clint get together with Spiderwoman, but that didn't seem bad to me because they were actually dating as opposed to those other examples that seemed to just be random hook ups.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I forgot to mention that Bendis had Clint get together with Spiderwoman, but that didn't seem bad to me because they were actually dating as opposed to those other examples that seemed to just be random hook ups.
    Was it actually Spider-Woman or was it her Skrull?

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

* Dr Doom is a complete monster whom fans have been deluded into thinking has a noble side.
    Its interesting I didn't think that was the narrative they fell in love with.
    I think its known that "Doom is a monster. Doom is also right. Sometimes it takes a monster "
    So I don't think they've been duped at all, people ... lot of people... would totally hand a monster control of the nation or the world.

* Far too many marvel villainesses are either femme fatales, women scorned, misandrists or female lackeys.
    What else is there? Its hard to express how great it would be to have female "complete monster" but how many should there be? What villain archetypes could balance that out?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    Was it actually Spider-Woman or was it her Skrull?
    It was Jessica Drew Spiderwoman. This happened after Secret Invasion and Siege.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irhyme View Post
    Agents of Atlas
    "Putting all of the new East-Asian heroes in a team composed entirely of Asians."

Also removing Asians from already established teams like Amadeus in Champions, then throwing him into Atlas. just feels so off.
    You clearly don't know what racial segregation is if you think this.

It's not as if any of those characters aren't allowed to appear in other titles or participate in the wider Marvel Universe. Nor is it that only Asian people are allowed to read Agents of Atlas. Or that all of those heroes are seen as less than because they're in that team.

Having Asian characters solve Asian problems is not segregation at all. I have no idea why such a thing would bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    You clearly don't know what racial segregation is if you think this.

It's not as if any of those characters aren't allowed to appear in other titles or participate in the wider Marvel Universe. Nor is it that only Asian people are allowed to read Agents of Atlas. Or that all of those heroes are seen as less than because they're in that team.

Having Asian characters solve Asian problems is not segregation at all. I have no idea why such a thing would bother you.
    He just use the wrong word. . . what he most likely meant to say was

Ghettoized: to treat a particular group in society as if they are different from the other parts of society and as if their activities and interests are not important

Key part of that being

to treat a particular group in society as if they are different from the other parts of society and as if their activities and interests are not important
    They're not an avengers book or an X-book so they've effectively ghettoized every Asian character on that team.

EDIT: Moreover, and sadly... until they have about 2 or 3 crossover events in which they are the protagonists* that save the day they rightfully should be consider so. Along with alpha flight, and the winter guard (Soviet Super-soldiers) and whatever the EU team was called.

* Like a problem that spills out of the X/4/Avengers books and its the Asians of Atlas that have to fix it.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 06-21-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.

Boisterously Confused

Kirby retconning The Black Panther's origin to something similar to The Phantom's Unbroken Line Of Heroes gimmick was probably a mistake. The original backstory from FF 1.52 had T'Chaka as a great warrior-king, but not a Panther. To be sure, the canonical situation is by no means a stinker, but the idea that The Black Panther is a mantle granted only to the few and the exceptional adds more to T'Challa's stature and mystique.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 06-22-2020 at 08:13 AM.

The creative team wasting the entire last page of a cancelled book telling you what a good time they had making the book.

Glad you had fun.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by irhyme View Post
    Agents of Atlas

And taking the Atlas name, which has rather clever historical significance, and slapping it on a bunch of characters with no connection to it.

Potentially Controversial:

I'd love to write a book called "Pym" in which Hank Pym has embraced "post-human ethics" and is now much more comfortable in a somewhat sinister scientific role -- still seeing himself as a good guy of course, but increasingly willing to commit questionable acts in the name of science and progress, as well as the safety of the universe.

Ironically, his best friend would eventually be his main lackey, Eric O'Grady, as the two begin to increasingly understand the other. Obviously, other associated characters would make regular appearances, with each reacting to the new Pym in potentially surprising ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    And taking the Atlas name, which has rather clever historical significance, and slapping it on a bunch of characters with no connection to it.
    Yeah -- I'm sure the new team has plenty of cool characters, but I was a fan of the team because of the history/mystery surrounding the original team.

M-11 was my favorite character and he doesn't even talk! That's evidence of quality storytelling!

-Pav, who would rather the original team be used in other books in semi-antagonistic roles, kinda like Pym...

EDIT: SPIDER-CLONES ARE THE BEST LONG LIVE ALL SCARLET SPIDERS
    Last edited by Pav; 06-21-2020 at 06:52 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I'd love to write a book called "Pym" in which Hank Pym has embraced "post-human ethics" and is now much more comfortable in a somewhat sinister scientific role -- still seeing himself as a good guy of course, but increasingly willing to commit questionable acts in the name of science and progress, as well as the safety of the universe.
    Ironically, his best friend would eventually be his main lackey, Eric O'Grady, as the two begin to increasingly understand the other. Obviously, other associated characters would make regular appearances, with each reacting to the new Pym in potentially surprising ways.
    1 caveat to this. well 2.
    1. Pym Never loses in his own book. (trounces tony, reed, doom, mad thinker, T'challa whoever shows up gets handed "L"s
    2. No apologetics. (no handwringing, no regrets, just... "Its the scientific method... everything I did had an outcome. Some desired. Some unexpected, but learning... learning was the only thing that mattered"

Pav, take my money, Pav. Please. Take it. Make this happen.

Funny thing... I'm not even a Hank Pym fan... never have been, but this original take would inspire me to read up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Potentially Controversial:

I like this idea. I wonder how Nadia would factor into this.
    Last edited by Celtic1967; 06-22-2020 at 12:14 AM.