Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

X-Men are overrated.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Comics have gotten worse since the rise of the comic book movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Comics have gotten worse since the rise of the comic book movie.
    Honestly asking: how?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    Ha ha, honestly I’ve never found them very interesting (also haven’t read them much). The early Kirby/Lee stuff is too cartoonish for my taste, and that’s the majority of what I’ve been exposed to. I’ll have to give Byrne’s run a try though. I read a Spider-Man and FF team up he did and that artwork was gorgeous.
    That's a good call. Byrne generally gets ranked as Lee+Kirby's only equal (some of us would say "superior", but that's a different controversial opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A lot of characters get changed to match the movie versions, which tend to be based on earlier appearances of the comic versions, which translates to regression of the original.

Same with the plotlines, writers, chasing movie buzz, adapt movie plotlines, but those are earlier plotlines being redone. A copy of a copy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I want to say that it made comics more event-focused, but honestly, it probably would've happened anyways.

Steve was just as responsible for Civil War as Tony was.

I'm reading Peter David's X-Factor and Theresa's argument that the New Warriors weren't responsible for Stamford is not only stupid but incredibly hypocritical when she and the rest of X-Factor are baying for Quicksilver's blood when they learn about his role in M-Day.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I honestly don't know when the hyphen joke became a thing, but it's overused.
    It’s a good joke, but to be genuinely outraged over it is quite a shame.

Amazing Member

The ideas Donny Cates comes up with are like bad fan fiction and Marvel should stop indulging him

Anytime the Phoenix and X-men get together bad crap happens to all involved.

Astonishing Member

I think I prefer Luke Cage as Power Man simply because he's more like a superhero that way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    The ideas Donny Cates comes up with are like bad fan fiction and Marvel should stop indulging him
    i agree with this.

-Wolverine is a literal mass murder and the idea of him teaching, or even being around children, is pretty disturbing.

-The X-men are essentially everything humanity in the MU thinks they are, and they should be afraid of them and actively working against them.

-The Thing has been deserving of a power upgrade for decades. All his old contemporaries, Thor, Hulk, have left him in the dust.

-Dr. Strange needs to return to full classic era power levels. He should see the rest of the Marvel heroes as almost inconsequential, squabbling, children. They should be afraid of him and interact with him only when most necessary.

-The Fantastic Four have always been my favourites, along with Spider-Man, but they are boring and feel out of place in the modern era. I can't quite figure out why or how to fix them.

-I want a Marvel scientist like Reed, T'Challa or Stark, just once, to sit some of the X-men down and tell them evolution doesn't work that way. Spontaneously sprouting full avian wings from your back or lighting things on fire with your mind does not make you a new race of beings. You're literally mutants.

-Namor is completely justified in his rage and hatred of humanity. He's helped humanity win wars and save the world multiple times, yet they still poison his people and dump their garbage on his head and deplete his resources. When he gets upset about it, he's a monster the Avengers or FF have to deal with.

-Namor was also done a great disservice by making him a mutant. He went from an entirely unique being, a bi-racial genetic hybrid torn between two worlds, to just another mutant weirdo.

-Ka-Zar is a super fun character with lots of potential and deserves a book.

The New Warriors were screwed over way worse than the X-Men were and their fans don't complain half as much as the X-fandom.

Cyclops has been cloned skrull since his return from the "death" with his merge with Apocalypse. There's no other explanation for his consistently dickish behavior.
    Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver really are still Magneto's children.
    the world will never trust Krakoa with Magneto as one of the main leaders, ever since the events of Fatal Attractions he should never have even been considered redeemable.
    Deadpool isn't "cool" or edgy, he's a joke.

The current Avengers book is mostly subpar (and yet I still read it), the best storyline to come out of was Age of Khonshu and that's because Khonshu was right. #JusticeForMoonKnight
    Current She Hulk of the last few years is ridiculous.
    Captain Marvel may succeed in the movies, but her push to become Marvel's top female will always fail. She just doesn't have what it takes.
    Scarlet Witch has been treated the worst of any "main" Marvel Character over the course of her history. The company has been mostly set on sabotaging her character for the last 16.

Also what this company needs is a full scale company wide War of Magic type event, mainly focusing on the female magic wielders. Maybe the villains of the story attempt to off one another in order to gain each others power. Let the likes of Morgan Le Fay, Selene and Umar really loose, no holds barred.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 10-15-2020 at 01:34 PM.