Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, and Matt Murdock are objectively the most heroic characters in the entire MU.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-20-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, and Matt Murdock are objectively the most heroic characters in the entire MU.
    That is controversial. I feel like their heroism is overrated as a whole.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I consider that another huge strike against modern writers. Vigilantes have always been illegal. Child vigilantes are EXTRA-Illegal and always always have been. The fact that the cops may be grateful and recognize that they just saved their lives and turn a blind eye is a whole different story. There have been TONS of comics where some rookie pulls a gun on Daredevil or Spider-man only to have the veteran cops chide them to put them away.... but it's ALWAYS been illegal.

Unless they have some kind of government sanction like the Avengers... then superheroes are always operating outside the law.

The fact that Marvel writers seem to not know this is why I can't read them anymore.
    Yeah, you're being simplistic. First of all, it has been addressed at times (Civil War was the most obvious example). Second, many, if not most, superheroes have been actively persecuted as criminals just by existing, and for mutants particularly it's a recurring theme, so expect them to stand down is non-sense. Third, try to apply real world logic to a world with so many alien and superhuman threats is non-sense. Not much of a point calling the police if Thanos or the Shadow King is in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That is controversial. I feel like their heroism is overrated as a whole.
    Yeah, there's really no reason to say these characters are more heroic than many of the others. They all had their share of less than heroic acts, Matt specially.

I want Sabretooth to come back and have more battles against Iron Fist.

Astonishing Member

I feel like Thor would be more enjoyable if he was “Donald Blake empowered by Mjolnir” rather than “Donald Blake was just a fake entity created by Odin”.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Thor would be more enjoyable if he was “Donald Blake empowered by Mjolnir” rather than “Donald Blake was just a fake entity created by Odin”.
    That’s pretty much why we got Jane Thor.

Astonishing Member

Been watching documentaries of Stan Lee on YT and he's arrogant and self absorbed but he knew it and often poked fun at himself.

Boisterously Confused

I'm on your side.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Been watching documentaries of Stan Lee on YT and he's arrogant and self absorbed but he knew it and often poked fun at himself.
    It’s said that Jameson was based off of himself.

Matt Fraction understands Dr Doom better than almost any other writer

We need more bearded Captain America

I think Miles should have stayed in the Ultimate Universe actually The Champions should have been in the Ultimate Universe since many of their/identities names aren't use in the UU (Ms. Marvel, Nova, Patriot, Ironheart). Also I could see them wanting to be Champions instead of The Ultimates and not trusting SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think Miles should have stayed in the Ultimate Universe actually The Champions should have been in the Ultimate Universe since many of their/identities names aren't use in the UU (Ms. Marvel, Nova, Patriot, Ironheart). Also I could see them wanting to be Champions instead of The Ultimates and not trusting SHIELD.
    The Ms Marvel name wasn't in use when Kamala took it. And no one has ever used Ironheart before.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-01-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Today, I found out that "Kamala" is the Finnish word for "horrible". It highlights just how stupid the controversy over "Knull" meaning "f*ck" in Swedish is.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Ms Marvel name wasn't in use when Kamala took it. And no one has ever used Ironheart before.
    I meant there was no Ms. Marvel at all in the UU, I was thinking kind of like DC's heroes of Earth-1 and Earth-2