Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Whereas I would be thrilled if there were two Captain Americas and Steve remained in the mantle for awhile. There was only three years between Bucky and Sam holding the mantle and Steve’s only had the mantle back from Sam for a couple years. It’s BS that they keep taking it from him by aging him up or killing him to do it. I will unsubscribe from the Cap (and give up comics entirely and I’d be taking my kid with me) if they harm Steve again, for the third freakin time in less than a decade. Steve is my favorite character and I’ve had it up to here with it. No other character has to deal with the frequency of being taken off the board that Steve has, so I’m really not willing to hear anyone lusting for his death again, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Sam Wilson shouldve remained Captain America, and as far as Im concerned they should bring him back under the mantle ASAP
    Although I enjoyed Spencers run, Sam didn't deserve to be weighed down by all the #Notmycap stuff. I wish his run was longer.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think Bendis’ need for credit and ignorance of black culture ultimately did Ironheart no favors. I would have defended her from all comers if she had been the already introduced mechanic prodigy niece of James Rhodes. “Riri” is right. The ten rings stuff saved it for me even if I don’t particularly like the character.
    You got a point there Bendis did not do her any favors, I thought his run was just ok. I would also like to Lila Rhodes again in some capacity.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You got a point there Bendis did not do her any favors, I thought his run was just ok. I would also like to Lila Rhodes again in some capacity.
    eve had to work on a uphill scale to make riri somewhat viable

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I think Bendis’ need for credit and ignorance of black culture ultimately did Ironheart no favors. I would have defended her from all comers if she had been the already introduced mechanic prodigy niece of James Rhodes. “Riri” is right. The ten rings stuff saved it for me even if I don’t particularly like the character.
    Zub and Ewing managed to salvage the character for me and for many others. Bendis' run felt so decompressed that there was no damn tension in it at all. I don't even mind not having a legacy character introduced before the fact if the character was written well. I don't even remember any major story arcs, yet I can remember what happened in Infamous Iron Man which happened at the exact same time. The only scene that really stood out was her boring origin of "I need you to insult me so I can spite you later."

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Peter Parker should adopt a new alias, leave the Spider stuff to Miles, and be allowed to outgrow the misunderstood hard luck hero thing for good. Let his new identity evolve him in-universe to a widely acclaimed and beloved hero on the order of Captain America.
    Considering the damaged Goods that the Spider-man name has had attached to it over the decades, it must be pure stubborness that Pete holds on to it. Even that identity crisis thing where he took 4 new costumes he had a blast being looked up to without all the baggage that Daily Bugle has saddled him with.

That said, Miles should stay FAR away from it for the same reasons. The last person he should ever want to be confused with is Spider-man. WAY too many vendettas and hitmen out there gunning for him to just 'assume' that they can tell the difference between 'New Spider-man' or 'Old spider-man trying a new costume for a week'...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Eh, there's a certain amount borderline skeeviness in Bendis's past work. The suggestion that "classic" Avengers were all sleeping with each other...the idea that before he married Jessica Jones, Luke Cage slept with all the single white women in the superhero community...Hawkeye sleeping with amnesiac Scarlet Witch.
    Hawkeye and amnesiac Wanda was at least retconned to be Hawkeye sleeping with a Doombot. Who were the classic Avengers sleeping with each other though (I remember Hawkeye and Wasp)? And which female superheroes did Luke Cage sleep with before Jessica?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    eve had to work on a uphill scale to make riri somewhat viable
    She did it though, she's got my attention whenever she decides to write another book.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Hawkeye and amnesiac Wanda was at least retconned to be Hawkeye sleeping with a Doombot. Who were the classic Avengers sleeping with each other though (I remember Hawkeye and Wasp)? And which female superheroes did Luke Cage sleep with before Jessica?
    She-Hulk iirc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    She did it though, she's got my attention whenever she decides to write another book.
    she did what she had to do, truly and truthfully.

Hawkeye and Wasp was pre-Bendis. That was the Chuck Austen run.

Speaking of which, how’s this for a controversial take... The Chuck Austen Avengers run was better than the Geoff Johns run whic preceded it.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Invincible Member

Thinking about it, it wasn't just Bendis...Chuck Austen was Clint/Wasp and I think Dan Slott was She-Hulk/Tony. But there was a scene where Tony, Cap and Thor were having locker room talk and going on about who slept with Hellcat. Bendis established that Cage was "a cape chaser" and did She-Hulk, Spider Woman, and Tigra with the implication that there was others. In a later story Cage is implied to have been with a lady from Damage Control. I think Reginald Hudlin had Cage say that he had Black Cat.

Boisterously Confused

We should never have been certain which of Moon Knight's original three identities was the real one. And maybe should even have been given occasional cause to doubt them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Thinking about it, it wasn't just Bendis...Chuck Austen was Clint/Wasp and I think Dan Slott was She-Hulk/Tony. But there was a scene where Tony, Cap and Thor were having locker room talk and going on about who slept with Hellcat. Bendis established that Cage was "a cape chaser" and did She-Hulk, Spider Woman, and Tigra with the implication that there was others. In a later story Cage is implied to have been with a lady from Damage Control. I think Reginald Hudlin had Cage say that he had Black Cat.
    That just feels creepy. A relationship here and there? Fine. Even a shallow one or two? Fine. But the trend begins to seem like dudes injecting their own fetishes and fantasies into the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    But the trend begins to seem like dudes injecting their own fetishes and fantasies into the characters.
    That's pretty much what Chuck was known for.

Also for being creepy and a horrible writer.

Fantastic Member

Steve is Cap.

Sam is Falcon

Bucky is Winter Soldier

Tony is Ironman

Marvel should have used the characters they already had instead of creating new ones like Kamala Khan and Riri Williams and shoving them into established namesakes roles