Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The ability to give someone the orgasm sensation. Or is that what Stacy X and Laurie Collings could do?

I just realized that probably not the best answer for the kids of the forum. Sorry.
    Tantra had that :3

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Velocidad's powers caused him to age to death when he used them.
    I knew he aged with extensive use but I didn't realize he actually aged to death already. SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I knew he aged with extensive use but I didn't realize he actually aged to death already. SAD.
    They can always resurrect him and give him a young body when necessary.

Or they could even make him a chimera with some immortal mutant like Apocalypse to remove the side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Euphoria powers, CGAR?
    Imagaine some big bad going all crazy and destroying stuff. And then BAM! someones like shaddup and feel good and have a few orgasms.

Out of all them, Velocidad deserved to die least. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, that would be cool. I like that Nightcrawler moves through another dimension, Amelia Voight dissolves into mist and reassembles at the target location, Blink or Ilyanna create portals, etc. But even more options, like someone who steps through shadows (like Silhouette) or mirrors or water (like that chick from the U-Men) or dreaming minds or dissolves into lightning and flashes to the new location, arcing high in the sky, could be fun, too.

Similarly, I like variety in the more generic 'blasting' powers, and am pleased with what we've got so far. Banshee screams. Cyke has eye-beams. Havok shoots hand zaps. Storm calls down lightning from above. Archangels flings metal blades from his wings. Jean or Betsy or Emma have mind-blasts. Dani (sometimes) has an energy bow. Pyro needs a pre-existing energy source, and so, like Storm, can summon an attack from another direction, and it's not always a straight line between them and their target. I like that it's not all 'shoots stuff from their hand.' Someone who brings stuff up from the ground could be a neat variation.
    Using mirrors as portals would be neat

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Out of all them, Velocidad deserved to die least. What a waste.
    The problem is that his powers locked him in that narrative dead end. The only way out was to either die or achieve immortality.

Didn’t Spat have a sidekick who could alter color?
    I think he was a fellow bounty hunter called chameleon. Don't quote me though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The problem is that his powers locked him in that narrative dead end. The only way out was to either die or achieve immortality.
    Or learn to reverse it, and spend some time 'frozen in time' resetting his years and aging in reverse. "Hold on, moved really fast for too long there, feeling a little creaky..." Two hours pass with him standing frozen while his wrinkles clear up and the gray streaks in his hair fade back to black. "Okay, good to go!"

As an added bonus, while frozen in time, he'd not only be in biological stasis (unaffected by poison, disease, parasites, blood loss, etc.), but perhaps even actually 'inert' and untouchable / invulnerable, since anything impacting him would find his cells to be 'out of synch' and more or less unchangeable by any external force. A bullet striking his frozen body would just ping off, since it couldn't deform or budge a single cell wall, or transfer any of it's momentum to his temporally-frozen-body.

And while he wasn't my favorite of 'The Five,' he still deserved better than that lazy-ass death. It's like saying that Rogue is 'doomed' to never touch anyone, because of how she was created. Or Emma was locked in to always being a villain, because that's where she started. Nonsense. A narrative challenge like that is something to confront, and eventually, even years later, overcome, not just blindly surrender to. The whole point of the story is to move *past* where you started, not to plotz down right there and never move an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    one of the X-statix was a guy named "Bloke" whose powers let him choose the color of his skin and his abilities changed with that. He could make himself invisible, but doing so made him physically weaker than an ordinary human, turning pink gave him a high degree of physical strength and toughness.
    Using mirrors as portals would be neat
    One of the enemies of X-Statix was "Mirror Girl" who could create mirrors that showed illusions. AFAIK she didn't get killed off, but only showed up in one comic book. I haven't rad that book, but the descriptions of her powers make it seem like she wasn't really capable of doing any more than annoying her enemies.

EDIT: ok, in terms of unique mutant powers.... Surrender Monkey(part of the quickly killed of X-Statix enemy team Euro-trash) claimed to have a superhuman intuition that told him the best time to retreat. But like I said "quickly killed off" we don't really see much use made of his powers.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 06-15-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Sounds right. But I don’t think they could get away with calling him Chameleon.

Edit... his name is Landscape

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lands...tt)_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-15-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Tantra had that :3

You have the ability to give others orgasms but you look like an elephant. Nature got jokes.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Hunh, there was a guy named "Asylum" who could channel Darkforce energy to create a monster form around himself that was an energy construct.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hunh, there was a guy named "Asylum" who could channel Darkforce energy to create a monster form around himself that was an energy construct.
    Which sounds kinda/sorta like what Dallas Whathisname/Specter did with his 'shadow form.' Interesting.

It is fun how the wheel keeps getting re-invented. "Hey, let's make this angry Acolyte chick with a force-field-energy-exoskeleton thingie..." Ten years later, "Hey, I've got this hot new idea for a little Asian girl with a big force-field exoskeleton thingie..." Five years later, "Hey, Indra turns into some sort of purple pangolin, which is the most unique thing ever, so let's change him to make an energy exoskeleton thingie, which surely isn't an idea someone has had before..."

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I really miss these powers in the X-verse;

Dark Force manipulators, Yes to some limit Cloak and Dark Star have powers using the dark force, but they never were big characters within the X-verse.

Shadow manipulators. Psylocke once was able to move in the shadows, but those powers are gone. I propose Silhouette to become an X-Men.

Invisibility, we do have Cipher, but she is being absent for quite a few years now. Time to bring her into the spotlights.

Hydro-powers, we had a kid Hydro-kid, but he drowned on M-Day. We need another.

Time manipulation, I really loved Switchback in AoA, so why not have a counterpart in 616.

Gas manipulation and form, a character (I think Vincente was like that), able to be any gasses they want.

Bodyeffect, one that can give others massive headaches, temporary blindness, deaf, mute, stomach problems and even heart attacks.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================