Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 5

Default Playstation 5

Seems there isn't a thread here on this but I'd figure I'd start one.

Any thoughts on the presentation, previews etc? Seems like a lot of sequels and a few remasters but that's kind of how the PS4 started out as well. Kind of slightly surprised no Batman announcement (as yet) although that's something that seems to have been a perpetual rumor for a while now.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Is it true its only gonna be like 875GB? I was expecting a TB minimum.

Also is Horizon and Spiderman: Miles Morales gonna be ps5 exclusive or will there be Ps4 versions with toned down graphics? Anyway I actualy like the way it looks and most of what we saw. It does look like a router but iono I like the design. Was hoping for a God of War teaser. Was expecting the game to come out by next holidays but without even a Story trailer for PS5s be reveal i don't know now.

Also yea there was some supposed leak for the new batman. Who knows if its real but it says Capture the Knight and has a batman beyond style Bat logo.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-13-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is it true its only gonna be like 875GB? I was expecting a TB minimum.

Also is Horizon and Spiderman: Miles Morales gonna be ps5 exclusive or will there be Ps4 versions with toned down graphics? Anyway I actualy like the way it looks and most of what we saw. It does look like a router but iono I like the design. Was hoping for a God of War teaser. Was expecting the game to come out by next holidays but without even a Story trailer for PS5s be reveal i don't know now.

Also yea there was some supposed leak for the new batman. Who knows if its real but it says Capture the Knight and has a batman beyond style Bat logo.
    They are exclusive. Sony has stated they will not make PS4 versions of their new games because they want to maximize the PS5 tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They are exclusive. Sony has stated they will not make PS4 versions of their new games because they want to maximize the PS5 tech.
    Well ****, is it gonna atleats be capable of playing ps4 games? I know Sony hasn't been keen on backwards compatibility in the past.

Well ****, is it gonna atleats be capable of playing ps4 games? I know Sony hasn't been keen on backwards compatibility in the past.
    PS5 has been confirmed to be backwards compatible with PS4. No word yet if that applies to older playstation consoles.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

There's quite a few games I am interested in. Wish that Miles Morales was coming out on PS4 too though as they have essentially revealed it's a Lost Legacy length game, though I can't blame them for wanting to sell the PS5 via that and Horizon 2. Kena honestly looks amazing, like a Pixar movie you can play. Very excited for Hitman 3 since they're giving players access to all content from the first two games who have played them previously. Would be awesome if Sony does the same with the upgrade for 2018's Spider-Man for PS5 as well.

Will probably wait a couple of years like I usually do for them to iron out the kinks and get it fall 2022 I think when the launch games will be reasonably priced too.

With the buyout with Warner Games in the works I am pretty worried for any future Batman games and Rocksteady's supposed Justice League game. LEGO and Netherrealm could also easily be affected. And there's been rumors about a Potterverse open world game for years now. Would hate to see all that crumble or twisted to suit EA or Activision practices.

Have they said what games will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    PS5 has been confirmed to be backwards compatible with PS4. No word yet if that applies to older playstation consoles.
    ok well ima be buying a bunch of games this Hliday season as long as i can play them on the PS5 as well maybe ill sell my Pro and upgrade. Probably get the Digital only version. Have they said how much cheaper the option without the CD drive will be? Or will it be the same and they will use that space for a bigger hard drive maybe?

Kind of confused how there can be a non-digital Platstation 5. Do the games come on vinyl?

Hopefully the Miles game plays out better than I fear which is that it will just feel like a mod to the original game with slightly enhanced graphics. One of the problems developers faced in the Batman Arkham games was finding a new way to do the skill progression tree each successive game. Same thing here where Spidey by the end of his game was a juggernaut of moves and gadgets. Going to Miles basically just repeats the first game in terms of development, albeit with slightly different powers, which is why I fear it will feel more like a mod that lets you look like Miles than a fresh game. Either way barring the GTA V game having some actual amazing new content, Miles is 2nd on my list of excitement for the PS5 behind Horizon Zero Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Kind of confused how there can be a non-digital Platstation 5. Do the games come on vinyl?
    Who said non digital? They said there will be a version that is Digital only. they won't put the Blu-ray drive in it. I dont know if that's gonna drop the price down a bit or if that version will use the extra space for a bigger hard drive. Anyway consoles want use to move that direction. It cuts out stores like GameStop who push used games on customers.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Hopefully the Miles game plays out better than I fear which is that it will just feel like a mod to the original game with slightly enhanced graphics. One of the problems developers faced in the Batman Arkham games was finding a new way to do the skill progression tree each successive game. Same thing here where Spidey by the end of his game was a juggernaut of moves and gadgets. Going to Miles basically just repeats the first game in terms of development, albeit with slightly different powers, which is why I fear it will feel more like a mod that lets you look like Miles than a fresh game. Either way barring the GTA V game having some actual amazing new content, Miles is 2nd on my list of excitement for the PS5 behind Horizon Zero Dawn.
    Spiderman PS4 was so good im fine if the developments plays out similar. Honestly as long as Miles moves and plays completely different and we get a story on the par with the first game ill be happy. Though if it's 60 bucks for a game a fraction of the size of the first it might bug me.

waiting on the price point but I'm probably going to get it

ok well ima be buying a bunch of games this Hliday season as long as i can play them on the PS5 as well maybe ill sell my Pro and upgrade. Probably get the Digital only version. Have they said how much cheaper the option without the CD drive will be? Or will it be the same and they will use that space for a bigger hard drive maybe?
    The speculation is that the digital version will be $50 less. We won't know for sure until they announce the price.

Demon's Souls
    Miles Morales
    Ratchet and Clank
    Deathproof
    Destruction All Stars
    Resident Evil 8

Actually had more cool stuff than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    It's going to be more of a stand-alone expansion than a full blown sequel. So don't expect it to be drastically different.