Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is it? Did he make promises in exchange for sex. Did he say he would hurt someones career if they didn't comply? Or did he have consensual sexual relations with women that admired him? What is it exactly that you think he did that was wrong?
    Yeah, I was trying to follow this on Twitter but it's all a bit vague as to what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is it? Did he make promises in exchange for sex. Did he say he would hurt someones career if they didn't comply? Or did he have consensual sexual relations with women that admired him? What is it exactly that you think he did that was wrong?
    I’m not the one making the allegations. You can search his name on Twitter etc same as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I’m not the one making the allegations. You can search his name on Twitter etc same as anyone.
    Okay. Creepier than I first understood it as.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There’s not a lot of explicit details. But if you’re at all aware of his online presence, I’m sure you can guess.

There’s not a lot of explicit details. But if you’re at all aware of his online presence, I’m sure you can guess.
    I thought it was hook ups with fans. But the way the women describe it, he is a con man seducing them.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Here are some stories about Ellis. Very disappointing.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Here are some stories about Ellis. Very disappointing.
    I'm confused. Was there an actual physical relationship or is this woman accusing him of just "sex chats"?

Extraordinary Member

I loathe the actions of Polanksi and I won't go out of my way to watch his work, but Rosemary's Baby is a brilliant piece of art.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That gets to be category creep, where the definition of something extreme is extended so far that it no longer means the same thing.

Initially, the phrase applied to child grooming, a practice where someone forms an emotional connection with a minor as a way to lower inhibitions for illegal activities.

It has spread a little bit to apply to someone forming an emotional connection with a minor in order to establish a sexual relationship when the minor is a legal adult.

Using the phrase to apply to relationships between consenting adults, with someone being nice a 19 year old to hit on them a week or an year later, diminishes its value as a term to refer to the exploitation of children.
    Exactly. All bets are off if youre consenting adults.

Fantastic Member

I liked the 9th gate...but yea his personal actions were criminal and he should be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Exactly. All bets are off if youre consenting adults.
    Nope. That’s really not how abuse works, but thanks for playing!

Fantastic Member

Nope. That’s really not how abuse works, but thanks for playing!
    Correct... Abuse in general does not work that way. In this case ...if a 20/30 something yr old wants to get into the industry and dates said person who has influence and that person dumps them ...that is not abuse...they just didn't get the outcome they wanted...and went into the situation with ill intentions anyway. At some point people need to hold themselves accountable for their choices.

God. The whole 'I never realized anyone thought I was famous' bit is just so fucking awful.

Ellis is too smart for this. The apology always makes me feel worse about the person than the allegations.

God. The whole 'I never realized anyone thought I was famous' bit is just so fucking awful.

Ellis is too smart for this. The apology always makes me feel worse about the person than the allegations.
    I think that, more than anything else, is what did Kevin Spacey in. It looked like he was holding up the gay community like a shield.
    Dark does not mean deep.