Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Arthur Petrelli vs Shaman King

Arthur Petrelli(at the peak of his powers) vs Hao Asakura: former's goal are just need to Powerdrains latter in this fight

1. how powerful Arthur Petrelli with Hao's powers?
    2. further consequences?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I know nothing about Arthur Petrelli. What's his deal?

Is this Hao before or after he merged with Great Spirit?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I know nothing about Arthur Petrelli. What's his deal?

Is this Hao before or after he merged with Great Spirit?
    here's he is: https://web.archive.org/web/20200507...iki.com/Arthur(archived)

preferably before Hao got merged with the Great Spirit
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    here's he is: https://web.archive.org/web/20200507...iki.com/Arthur(archived)

preferably before Hao got merged with the Great Spirit
    Hmm...

So he can steal abilities and somehow make them not available to the person who had them previously?

The tricky thing is that Shaman abilities aren't tied to their physical bodies. They are a product of the soul, hence why they retain their abilities even when dead or in the afterlife.

Additionally to that Hao's abilities aren't necessarily innate. He has a metric ton of Furyoku (spiritual power) but that's not a product of any innate power, it's a product of him spending 1000 years in hell cultivating his power.

On top of all of that, Furyoku doesn't mean much if you don't have a spirit to work with. Even if Arthur can remove Hao's abilities and become a shaman in his own right, I'm not sure he'd be able to control the Spirit of Fire because it takes a monumental amount of Furyoku to manifest and, due to shaman abilities being tied to the soul, Arthur would have like no spiritual power to start off with.

I suppose the key question is whether we interpret Hao's "power" as either "the ability to use Furyoku," or "the ability to use Furyoku /and/ the vast reserves of power he had built up using that skill,"

Two very different situations.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

nik beat me to the punch.

but his points are valid. there is nothing to really suggest that Arthur can take hao's powers or that if he could, he would be able to use them as effectively as hao or even at all.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    nik beat me to the punch.

but his points are valid. there is nothing to really suggest that Arthur can take hao's powers or that if he could, he would be able to use them as effectively as hao or even at all.
    I mean, Arthur basically had everything he needed to win and did practically nothing with it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I mean, Arthur basically had everything he needed to win and did practically nothing with it.
    ahh the onslaught syndrome.

No, Onslaught made a sun!

TWICE.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    No, Onslaught made a sun!

TWICE.
    given his......ahem....."intellect", i'm surprised he didn't blow himself up trying it.

Stealing Peter's powers alone would've made him basically unbeatable and he got more regen and time travel to go with those and precog and super telepathy.

By all rights, Arthur should've stomped a mudhole in the Heroes but he mostly stayed in his office drawing the future. Sylar even called him up at one point, told him he was going rogue and Arthur just let it happen.

He was actually surprised when Sylar showed up later to kill him.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Stealing Peter's powers alone would've made him basically unbeatable and he got more regen and time travel to go with those and precog and super telepathy.

By all rights, Arthur should've stomped a mudhole in the Heroes but he mostly stayed in his office drawing the future. Sylar even called him up at one point, told him he was going rogue and Arthur just let it happen.

He was actually surprised when Sylar showed up later to kill him.
    dumb bastard.

Arthur just stops time for the win.

Depends if Arthur has those powers at the start.

Arthur is a big dumbass like Peter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Depends if Arthur has those powers at the start.
    Arthur's powers (preferably) peaked in this scenario