Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Arthur just stops time for the win.
    and do what exactly?

Did he ever get super speed? Because I know there was some super speed girl in the show, but I can't remember if she got her powers copied.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Did he ever get super speed? Because I know there was some super speed girl in the show, but I can't remember if she got her powers copied.
    I...think? Peter did a mini-blitz on Future Claire then got lolstomped by Future Daphne and never demonstrated the super speed again, neither did Arthur, so it's hard to say if he had that one or not.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and do what exactly?
    Time dump him for a ring out or phise he's Hart out or something maybe take SK powers if he can?

By SK powers do you mean the Shaman King Powers? Because LOL. Shaman King God Hao was insanely above anything in Heroes.

At any rate, Arthur is not all that smart with his powers and I think Hao might be able to blitz him regardless.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    By SK powers do you mean the Shaman King Powers? Because LOL. Shaman King God Hao was insanely above anything in Heroes.

At any rate, Arthur is not all that smart with his powers and I think Hao might be able to blitz him regardless.
    and death really isn't that big of a deal for shamans since they can still fight just fine, IIRC.

and as a reminder, yoh and the boys had to TALK SK hao down to beat him, since he was no selling having supernovas thrown in his face. all he has to do is look at Arthur and he's dead.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    since he was no selling having supernovas thrown in his face.
    Small correction on this.

Hao was the one throwing around supernovae. The five elemental spirits wielded by the heroes are limited to terrestrial phenomena, the oversoul form of the Great Spirit allows for the creation of cosmic phenomena [supernovae, black holes, etc]

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Small correction on this.

Hao was the one throwing around supernovae. The five elemental spirits wielded by the heroes are limited to terrestrial phenomena, the oversoul form of the Great Spirit allows for the creation of cosmic phenomena [supernovae, black holes, etc]
    i stand corrected. been a while since he read that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Time dump him for a ring out or phise he's Hart out or something maybe take SK powers if he can?
    Just to pick this up for a moment and expand a little on what others have said.

Assuming we're talking about End of Series Hao with the Great Spirit, only the time dump would be remotely effective of the things listed here.

Hao does not have a physical body so phasing doesn't work and I've already detailed how Arthur's ability to steal powers would be unlikely to work on even base-level Hao's abilities much less his much more potent powers as the Shaman King.

Time dumping is also unlikely to be effective as Hao is implied to be some form of omnipresent once he ascends to godhood so he could feasibly just manifest back in the ring. If he sent him back into the distant past, Hao could just... y'know... wait and then manifest back into the ring - he's immortal so it's not really a huge problem for him.

In terms of options Hao has; he can also just insta-kill Arthur with a thought and erase his soul from the continuum of life and death completely. The ability to create cosmic phenomena isn't actually his main bread and butter.

I think this fight is only really competitive if it's against Hao as he was when he was running with Spirit of Fire. He's considerably less immortal at that point and his attack options aren't "complete control over the concepts of life and death,"

Just to pick this up for a moment and expand a little on what others have said.

Assuming we're talking about End of Series Hao with the Great Spirit, only the time dump would be remotely effective of the things listed here.

Hao does not have a physical body so phasing doesn't work and I've already detailed how Arthur's ability to steal powers would be unlikely to work on even base-level Hao's abilities much less his much more potent powers as the Shaman King.

Time dumping is also unlikely to be effective as Hao is implied to be some form of omnipresent once he ascends to godhood so he could feasibly just manifest back in the ring. If he sent him back into the distant past, Hao could just... y'know... wait and then manifest back into the ring - he's immortal so it's not really a huge problem for him.

In terms of options Hao has; he can also just insta-kill Arthur with a thought and erase his soul from the continuum of life and death completely. The ability to create cosmic phenomena isn't actually his main bread and butter.

I think this fight is only really competitive if it's against Hao as he was when he was running with Spirit of Fire. He's considerably less immortal at that point and his attack options aren't "complete control over the concepts of life and death,"
    OT: But have you been reading the sequel series, Shaman King:Flowers and Super Stars? Any impressions about it?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    OT: But have you been reading the sequel series, Shaman King:Flowers and Super Stars? Any impressions about it?
    I started them but stalled out on it in short order. I am intending to go back and check them out.

Part of the issue is that Takei has a very specific writing style that I need to be in the mood for and I also found that the premise was a bit less interesting than where SK actually left off. Hana didn't super grab me as a protagonist so I found it hard to maintain.

But like I say, I'll dig into them again at some point. Maybe before the new anime drops, that would make sense.

What did you make of them?

I started them but stalled out on it in short order. I am intending to go back and check them out.

Part of the issue is that Takei has a very specific writing style that I need to be in the mood for and I also found that the premise was a bit less interesting than where SK actually left off. Hana didn't super grab me as a protagonist so I found it hard to maintain.

But like I say, I'll dig into them again at some point. Maybe before the new anime drops, that would make sense.

What did you make of them?
    I honestly think that it's a solid follow-up of the original SK. The Asakura insurrection/clan rivalries is actually intriguing and while Hana , though a tad irritating at first, grows on me as a protagonist, especially once he begins going through his own "Training From Hell" regimen near the end of Flowers. Takei seems to be taking a more gradual approach towards character development, at least that the impression I'm getting with the new main characters. And I could possibly be wrong, but it seems as though that Hao doesn't going to wait another 500 years for the next tournament; turns out that the position of Shaman King is a democracy amongst the current and previous SKs, so he can't alter the world however he pleases without a majority ruling. And as a result, he's pretty annoyed and may actually regret being Shaman King.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 06-16-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!