Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dr. Lights vs Captain Marvels

Dr. Light (Arthur)
    Dr. Light (Kimiyo)

vs

Captain Marvel (Carol)
    Captain Marvel (Monica)

Which team wins?

Well, frankly Arthur’s getting wrecked here. His powers would just charge Carol up and he has no way to stop her from tearing him apart.

Kimiyo is trickier, since, like Monica, she can actually turn into light. I’m not sure whether she has Monica’s reactions for doing so though, or (in the event that she doesn’t) whether Monica could overload her before she could react. Or alternatively, if she could react, whether she could control Monica.

I kind of feel like neither of the Doctors can really hurt Carol though.

BANNED

Wait doesn’t Light (Arthur) control light or energy ? In a teen titans book I believe he pulled the energy out of super boys eyes and someone elses

Yeah, he does. But Carol absorbs it to power her up. So if he hits her with anything energy-based, she’s getting a boost rather than damage.

But when it comes to Carol’s own brand of damage, i.e. physical damage and general punchy-punchiness, he’s quite squishy.

BANNED

How can she absorb it if he controls it...wouldn’t he just drain her? I’m reading how he’s able to control anything as long as it’s light...whatever that means but basically green lantern constructs, wonder girls lightning from her lasso, manipulating the rays power, the good dr lights power

How would she attack or hurt him if he just redirects her powers at her or drains her

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    How can she absorb it if he controls it...wouldn’t he just drain her? I’m reading how he’s able to control anything as long as it’s light...whatever that means but basically green lantern constructs, wonder girls lightning from her lasso, manipulating the rays power, the good dr lights power

How would she attack or hurt him if he just redirects her powers at her or drains her
    If he tries to attack her, she can steal that energy. He can't drain the energy *out* of her, because it's not light energy at that point.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan