Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Neuroatypical mutants/X-men

Hi everyone, I am wondering have there been any confirmed neuroatypical mutants yet? For example, mutants with Down syndrome or have Aspergers? It seems odd we haven’t yet seen any x-men that I can think of that are neuroatypical but also it seems to be a wonderful new opportunity to make memorable characters

Claudette St.Croix had autism, and Lil Bro from NYX was stated to be autistic and also had mutism stemming from a traumatic experience. Both could be used and explored imo. Lil Bro and Bobby Soul were very nice characters, Claudette was not very explored outside of her Monet persona.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

This is an interesting matter.

I tried to talk about something similar in I am I and my circumstance: Disease and disability in X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Claudette St.Croix had autism, and Lil Bro from NYX was stated to be autistic and also had mutism stemming from a traumatic experience. Both could be used and explored imo. Lil Bro and Bobby Soul were very nice characters, Claudette was not very explored outside of her Monet persona.
    I'm still annoyed that they've never had Laura find the NYX kids and offer them a place at the school. ESPECIALLY because of how much it could help Lil' Bro to work with a high-level telepath like Jean or Emma. The entire reason Felon was using his powers in the first place was to earn enough money to get his brother to an institution that could help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm still annoyed that they've never had Laura find the NYX kids and offer them a place at the school. ESPECIALLY because of how much it could help Lil' Bro to work with a high-level telepath like Jean or Emma. The entire reason Felon was using his powers in the first place was to earn enough money to get his brother to an institution that could help him.
    It is very weird/bad writing that she didn't try to reach to them, especially after she started to feel comfortable around the X-Mansion. A team of telepaths could help both Lil Bro and Bobby (he was having amnesia because of the use of his powers, right?).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It is very weird/bad writing that she didn't try to reach to them, especially after she started to feel comfortable around the X-Mansion. A team of telepaths could help both Lil Bro and Bobby (he was having amnesia because of the use of his powers, right?).
    This sounds like a story-beat Brisson's New Mutants could follow...if he's aware of these characters and is of a mind to work with them.
    Someone should remind him of their existence.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Goblyn is autistic also has a twin sister, Pathway. Both need to be on krakoa.Also doesn’t jubilee have dyscalculia ?

It has once been mentioned that Cyclops could have some form of mild OCD. Sometimes they say it jokingly, other times more seriously. In X-Men Blue it seemed to be serious about how Scott spoke of himself.

Do we know if Orphan Maker has some mental health issues?

Do we know if Orphan Maker has some mental health issues?
    Undiagnosed but it certainly has some. And Nanny probably too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Goblyn is autistic also has a twin sister, Pathway. Both need to be on krakoa.Also doesn’t jubilee have dyscalculia ?
    Actually it's Pathway who is the autistic twin sister.
    Last edited by Synch340; 06-16-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Isn't Lorna bi-polar???

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Isn't Lorna bi-polar???
    That would make sense

I think Jubillee has/had dyscalculia (unable to do math)

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Undiagnosed but it certainly has some. And Nanny probably too.
    Nanny lost her mind when the Right forced her into that egg body. Orphan Maker is an adult Nanny used science to keep mentally a child.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    Actually it's Pathway who is the autistic twin sister.
    you are right. I am curious why so many Black mutants have autism. And Goblyn needs a redesign.