Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

However, everyone is often sent to the Island for a reason. I'm not saying it should be a common thing but with Diana in the outside world, there will have to be times like the JL have to come on the Island. I'm going with the send away babies and there are boys but they are sent home to or with a nice family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Should they be hanging out on the Island, washing their sweaty man-business in the same sweet, enchanted water, as the Amazons, though? Lobo, Bwana Beast, Claw the Unconquered, Mister Genie and [Sheezus!] ..Hawkman - who knows where they've been, and who's going to clean that hot tub, eh? That's the question I don't want to answer.

Of course, there's Boy Steve, Kyle Rayner and Sargon the Sorcerer - do they even count, as men? Maybe, they're okay, but, who knows?

I think the Amazons are trying to get away from all of that.
    In my take, the Amazons in general would be pretty open to Steve, Warkiller, Wonder Boy, Justice Leaguers, Titans, and other guys in Diana, Donna, and Cassie’s adopted families and teammates coming to visit eventually.

It needs to be a process though and not with out some challenges and hurdles and drama for the Amazons to get through though, so it’s a decent story. Similarly with the Amazons’ choices about whether or not they want to reveal themselves and interact with Patriarch’s World.

Diana is the bridge of what might be. She’s a bit like the Trash Heap to the Fraggles (Amazons) and the Gorgs (Patriarch’s World) - she sees and experiences the bigger picture of the universe and wants to figure out how to bring them together to create something new.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    In my take, the Amazons in general would be pretty open to Steve, Warkiller, Wonder Boy, Justice Leaguers, Titans, and other guys in Diana, Donna, and Cassie’s adopted families and teammates coming to visit eventually...Diana is the bridge of what might be. She’s a bit like the Trash Heap to the Fraggles (Amazons) and the Gorgs (Patriarch’s World) - she sees and experiences the bigger picture of the universe and wants to figure out how to bring them together to create something new.
    I can see that happening, too, Scott...but having these chaps washing their babymakers and works in the Amazon communal baths? I just don't know.

On a sidenote, ..it is more than a little annoying to think that Diana has an immortal, badazz, warrior-king cousin, with a magic sword, who gets no panel-time. His murder by his father, Theseus, and subsequent resurrection by Amazon goddess, Artemis, ..is a mirror parallel to the post-Crisis origin of the Amazons, resurrected from souls of murdered women.

If any man should be allowed on Themiscyra, it's Antiope's son, Prince Hippolytus, ..better known as Virbius Rex Nemorensis.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-21-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I can see that happening, too, Scott...but having these chaps washing their babymakers and works in the Amazon communal baths? I just don't know.
    I’m guessing that the Feminum minerals in the waters of the Themysciran baths isolate and protect the Amazons from male cooties.

Alternatively, there’s a whole ocean surrounding Themyscira for the guys to take a dip in prior to dressing for cocktail hour on a balcony in the palace.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m guessing that the Feminum minerals in the waters of the Themysciran baths isolate and protect the Amazons from male cooties.

Alternatively, there’s a whole ocean surrounding Themyscira for the guys to take a dip in prior to dressing for cocktail hour on a balcony in the palace.
    Duly noted.

I just tweeted James Tynion IV, of JLD, about Hippolytos/Virbius. Someone's got to introduce this character, son of Antiope, who is already an important figure in the classical Amazon myth! He can literally walk out of nowhere, onto the Island, hug the QUEEN and pour himself a beer! Where is he?! I think it would be cool that only one man would be allowed on the Island, ..and I'm not talking about Boy Steve.

Sure, men should be admitted to the Island, ..but, they should be welcomed, without any special conditions. Either freely welcome them or decisively lock them out...period. Obviously, that wouldn't extend to enemies of the Amazon nation or supervillains.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-21-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

But Antope in the comics left to make the Banas. So what would be wrong with him being reborn as a Bana? One of the few men treated well.