Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wonder Woman should have one (at least) male, superhuman ally, who, with Donna, Artemis and Cassie's help, can protect the world, in her place, ..if things ever came to that. He should be created for use in the WW comic, I think, ..and NOT an imported Kryptonian or Batperson. One guy, with powers and a costume! Should that guy be a male Amazon or something like that, living on Paradise island, though?

I think that is the question, and it's a good question.

Does his living on one of the surrounding islands, even on Thalarion, ..count? Must he live on Paradise, specifically? Should he be a member of the Royal Family, like Antiope's son (formerly 'Hippolytus'), King Virbius? You can't just drop any bloke on Paradise Island, with the Amazons, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m all about Achilles Warkiller being a part of the book more regularly, as well as admitting a Wonder Boy to the club.

I have one specific idea of how to add a Wonder Boy to the title, but I haven’t got all the kinks worked out yet.
    In John Byrne's run, Harold Campion was a Golden Age wonder-man, called Champion, ..and a separate being from his Olympian impostor, Hercules. His backstory makes him a retired adventurer, who accepted Hercules's invitation to explore Mount Olympus, while Herc assumed his identity, on Earth. With Champion's haircut, jodhpurs and riding boots, I have always wondered, if Byrne intended Harold to be the Golden Age's Wonder Boy, ..all grown up.

Your Wonder Boy idea intrigues me. It must be very good. Some day, we'll see, I hope.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-16-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

My idea is that the Amazons yea don't like foreigners because they think the outside world has brainwashed women and men. They do have the most dislike of men. Going back to Marston's idea maybe visitors dd a special kind of bracelet or the people will go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My idea is that the Amazons yea don't like foreigners because they think the outside world has brainwashed women and men. They do have the most dislike of men. Going back to Marston's idea maybe visitors dd a special kind of bracelet or the people will go crazy.
    I like that idea, very much. Would they be magic bracelets?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I like that idea, very much. Would they be magic bracelets?
    Yea or at least a slightly different version of the Amazons bracelets. The reason they would go crazy is that Ares or the doom gate is there. And so because of that, they can affect people outside the Island

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    No, no, no, you have it backwards! We need to work the kink back in to Wonder Woman!
    Hahaha! YES. That too kjn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Wonder Woman should have one (at least) male, superhuman ally, who, with Donna, Artemis and Cassie's help, can protect the world, in her place, ..if things ever came to that. He should be created for use in the WW comic, I think, ..and NOT an imported Kryptonian or Batperson. One guy, with powers and a costume! Should that guy be a male Amazon or something like that, living on Paradise island, though?

I think that is the question, and it's a good question.

Does his living on one of the surrounding islands, even on Thalarion, ..count? Must he live on Paradise, specifically? Should he be a member of the Royal Family, like Antiope's son (formerly 'Hippolytus'), King Virbius? You can't just drop any bloke on Paradise Island, with the Amazons, can you?

In John Byrne's run, Harold Campion was a Golden Age wonder-man, called Champion, ..and a separate being from his Olympian impostor, Hercules. His backstory makes him a retired adventurer, who accepted Hercules's invitation to explore Mount Olympus, while Herc assumed his identity, on Earth. With Champion's haircut, jodhpurs and riding boots, I have always wondered, if Byrne intended Harold to be the Golden Age's Wonder Boy, ..all grown up.

Your Wonder Boy idea intrigues me. It must be very good. Some day, we'll see, I hope.
    Believe it or not, I’ve been working on a role for “Champion” in Diana’s city. It’s a great moniker that really works with her mythos.

My Wonder Boy concept is wholly from Diana’s corner of the universe - and helps expand it. Absolutely no characters adopted from other heroes’ myths. Wonder Boy needs to be a creation within Diana’s narrative and no one else’s.

I love having Diana teaming up with Artemis and Hippolyta and Nu’Bia and Donna Troy and Wonder Girl, but that shouldn’t preclude Warkiller or Wonder Boy from joining the ranks and developing their own relationships within the Wonder Family. There’s room for all of them if you do it creatively and have something to say with the characters.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-16-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Believe it or not, I’ve been working on a role for “Champion” in Diana’s city. It’s a great moniker that really works with her mythos.

My Wonder Boy concept is wholly from Diana’s corner of the universe - and helps expand it. Absolutely no characters adopted from other heroes’ myths. Wonder Boy needs to be a creation within Diana’s narrative and no one else’s.

I love having Diana teaming up with Artemis and Hippolyta and Nu’Bia and Donna Troy and Wonder Girl, but that shouldn’t preclude Warkiller or Wonder Boy from joining the ranks and developing their own relationships within the Wonder Family. There’s room for all of them if you do it creatively and have something to say with the characters.
    Should they be hanging out on the Island, washing their sweaty man-business in the same sweet, enchanted water, as the Amazons, though? Lobo, Bwana Beast, Claw the Unconquered, Mister Genie and [Sheezus!] ..Hawkman - who knows where they've been, and who's going to clean that hot tub, eh? That's the question I don't want to answer.

Of course, there's Boy Steve, Kyle Rayner and Sargon the Sorcerer - do they even count, as men? Maybe, they're okay, but, who knows?

I think the Amazons are trying to get away from all of that.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-17-2020 at 10:48 AM. Reason: good taste

The more I think about it. What if men on the Island depends on if the men are worthy and a few other things.

The more I think about it. What if men on the Island depends on if the men are worthy and a few other things.
    I like this idea, but who would be the judge of the worthiness? I also like the bracelet idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like this idea, but who would be the judge of the worthiness? I also like the bracelet idea too.
    That was the hard part, to be honest. I was thinking about Athena doing it. That she left something that would judge a person's character. Maybe something before the lasso was made. The one thing I'm sure of is most Amazons wouldn't harm a baby. I did have a idea that one shipwreak baby was a boy. That since he was young that Ares nor the doomgate would harm him. This Amazon loved her son but didn't know what to do.

That was the hard part, to be honest. I was thinking about Athena doing it. That she left something that would judge a person's character. Maybe something before the lasso was made. The one thing I'm sure of is most Amazons wouldn't harm a baby. I did have a idea that one shipwreak baby was a boy. That since he was young that Ares nor the doomgate would harm him. This Amazon loved her son but didn't know what to do.
    Yes, that is all true. Athena might be the best choice.

Now in terms of women. Now at first, I feel due to their history at first they were fine with any woman on the Island. But maybe like Circe or a few others made them question. Like Extremist Amazons. Maybe the Banas could have been part of the Island then left.

Now in terms of women. Now at first, I feel due to their history at first they were fine with any woman on the Island. But maybe like Circe or a few others made them question. Like Extremist Amazons. Maybe the Banas could have been part of the Island then left.
    So the men would needed to be judged acceptable or not by Athena, but other women than the Amazons from the island would need to wear a type of bracelet.

So the men would needed to be judged acceptable or not by Athena, but other women than the Amazons from the island would need to wear a type of bracelet.
    I seee it has both would need to wear the bracelets. Has in my mind the dark magic will turn anyone in a monster but for different reasons. For the Amazons history with men and with the women the loss of their sister. The bracelet designs would be different but I haven't gotten an idea of what they look like

Unlike Boy Steve and Childe Rayner, with their boyish pretensions to rebellion and independence, real men wouldn't willfully subject themselves to the prejudices of the Amazons. That's a feminist fantasy. Only self-hating, self-shaming men would, while their female counterparts are rewarded admission, ..with honorary bracelets. Should the men, who are victims of rape and other violence, at the hands of other men, also be turned over to Athena for the humiliation of special judgment...forgiveness?

If the Amazons aren't ready to trust modern men and want to charge them for crimes, committed by their dead rapists, they shouldn't allow them on the island...period. The men owe them nothing, and exclusion from their fairy tale island is no loss.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-19-2020 at 04:14 PM.