Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Amazing spider-man #850 (#49)

After COVID-19 delays and a long waiting time, we finally have ASM #850 coming out in September!

The issue is by Nick Spencer, Ryan Ottley, Humberto Ramos, and Mark Bagley! Along with short stories from Kurt Busiek, Chris Bachalo, Saladin Ahmed, Tradd Moore, Nd Aaron Kuder! Check out the link and cover below!

And also: NORMAN OSBORN IS BACK AS THE GREEN GOBLIN!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...spider-man-850

asm_850_cov.jpg

BANNED

This issue feels like it was swollen as a "bring the room together" issue in the wake of COVID-19.

You can't keep a good Goblin down (in the sense of good villain), so it's great to have Norman back on the glider pedals. It'll be interesting how Spencer approaches Marvel's third biggest villain after Doom and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This issue feels like it was swollen as a "bring the room together" issue in the wake of COVID-19.

You can't keep a good Goblin down (in the sense of good villain), so it's great to have Norman back on the glider pedals. It'll be interesting how Spencer approaches Marvel's third biggest villain after Doom and Magneto.
    Norman being back is awesome, and I'm really excited to see how Spencer handles him. I think we saw a preview of it during "Absolute Carnage" with Kindred's monologue about Norman's importance and his brand of evil. I loved it. It really showed why Peter is terrified of Norman - and based on the Twitter images from Nick Lowe, it sounds like Norman remembers who Peter really is again - for good!

Seems like it's going to be a solid milestone issue, complete with the return of the Green Goblin .

BANNED

So does this mean this issue is going to shift to Legacy Numberings? It's being sold as ASM#850 when it's Spencer #49. I was sure Kindred's big reveal would be #851 which would have allowed Spencer a chance to write the third ASM#50 in history (after Lee-Romita and JMS).

So does this mean this issue is going to shift to Legacy Numberings? It's being sold as ASM#850 when it's Spencer #49. I was sure Kindred's big reveal would be #851 which would have allowed Spencer a chance to write the third ASM#50 in history (after Lee-Romita and JMS).
    According to the solicit, it says AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #850 (#49), so I'm not sure if that means momentary 850 then back to 50 or just 850 going forward.

Astonishing Member

Norman is definitely like a cockroach, he's always back!

Peter greatest enemy has returned officially
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

would be kinda silly to go ASM 48, 850, then 50? I say stay with 850, 851, etc., till the next relaunch with a new #1.

Is that a personal belief or a fact that Norman is top 3?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I hope Kindred won't kill Norman in the end.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I hope Kindred won't kill Norman in the end.
    It won't matter if Kindred does kill him (eventually) Norman will come back, he always does lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

My only gripe is that Gleason isn't part of the artist lineup. What happened to him? He did the FCBD issue and then...nothing. Did he not get along with Spencer?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Is that a personal belief or a fact that Norman is top 3?
    Fact:

Marvel villains with most appearances in 616 Continuity (all titles):
    1) Doctor Doom - 835 Appearances
    2) Magneto - 816 Appearances.
    3) Green Goblin 597 Appearances

Based on: (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_Database)

And circa October 2019.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Only characters on that cover yet to turn up in Spencer’s run is Sandman and Morlun. Wonder if Spencer has plans for them somewhere?