Mighty Member

Default YJ members missing in other CROSSOVERS (SPEED-METAL)

Hello,
    I saw that BART ALLEN will probably not be in SPEED-METAL while JAY GARRICK and WALLACE WEST will appear there.
    Its kind of frustrating....I mean yes they are now in ACTION COMICS, but its strange that they will be probably left out of other Crossovers and it seems that they play only a minor role.

It makes sense that YJ aren't involved in Death Metal. Think about it, DM is supposedly setting up the next relaunch. YJ therefore could just be set before it.

As for individual members:

Drake and Spoiler will have just endured the Joker War.
    Bart is involved in the Finish Line story in Flash - he's not the only speedster involved in that but not known to be in Death Metal (Avery Ho, Jesse Quick, and Max Mercury are in the same boat).
    Conner would probably be trying to reconnect with people. He's just reunited with the Kents.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It makes sense that YJ aren't involved in Death Metal. Think about it, DM is supposedly setting up the next relaunch. YJ therefore could just be set before it.

As for individual members:

Drake and Spoiler will have just endured the Joker War.
    Bart is involved in the Finish Line story in Flash - he's not the only speedster involved in that but not known to be in Death Metal (Avery Ho, Jesse Quick, and Max Mercury are in the same boat).
    Conner would probably be trying to reconnect with people. He's just reunited with the Kents.
    Sorry, but YOU CANT!! compare Bart with Avery,Jesse and Max....Bart was member of the JL,has strong connection to Barry and Wally and in the ToT Future he is the Flash again.
    It would make more sense to include him instead of WALLACE or JAY...

I dont know what you want to say with YJ set before it...ITS NO PROBLEM...YJ at the moment is also in ACTION COMICS and YJ plays at the moment BEFORE!! Action Comics.
    Because in YJ Conner just returned to Earth, while in Action Comics he already met Kents.

There are a ton of characters not in Death Metal. Just because an event is happening doesn't mean every single comic has to be involved with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Sorry, but YOU CANT!! compare Bart with Avery,Jesse and Max....Bart was member of the JL,has strong connection to Barry and Wally and in the ToT Future he is the Flash again.
    It would make more sense to include him instead of WALLACE or JAY...
    And? Jay was in the Justice Society, which precedes the JLA in continuity. As far as actual comics history, there would be no Barry without Jay. Jay is very much more important than Bart (and I say that as a fan of Bart).

I dont know what you want to say with YJ set before it...ITS NO PROBLEM...YJ at the moment is also in ACTION COMICS and YJ plays at the moment BEFORE!! Action Comics.
    Because in YJ Conner just returned to Earth, while in Action Comics he already met Kents.
    Action Comics and Young Justice are also written by the same writer. It's easier to keep continuity in order, even if stories are taking place at different times, when the same writer is handling them.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

YJ not being involved in Death Metal is a GOOD thing.The first issue does not inspire confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    And? Jay was in the Justice Society, which precedes the JLA in continuity. As far as actual comics history, there would be no Barry without Jay. Jay is very much more important than Bart (and I say that as a fan of Bart).
    Yeah, and technically, Avery IS a Justice Leaguer. Just not on the US based team.

Jesse is definitely Bart's equal too. They're both former Titans (like Wallace is currently), and Jesse was also in the Justice Society. Both were active from the mid 90s to 2011, when the reboot erased them.

The only thing undisputed is that Barry and Jay are the most important members of the Flash Family. Wally's a clear #3 with everyone else way behind. Wallace was just used because he's the latest thing... but how do we know the next reboot won't toss him in the trash? His counterpart isn't in the TV show any more.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-16-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jesse is definitely Bart's equal too. They're both former Titans (like Wallace is currently), and Jesse was also in the Justice Society. Both were active from the mid 90s to 2011, when the reboot erased them.
    Jesse was also in the Justice League as Liberty Belle when Robinson was writing it shortly before the New 52 started.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I mean we are literally only 1 issue in as of today, we might want to hold off on saying Young Justice is not involved. I mean until a week ago I didn't know Nightwing was in and now we know he's leading in the Justice League tie-ins, so I would say wait and see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

they'll probably appear in the background kinda like the titans did in metal.

BANNED

Some characters are dead in Death Metal, until it gets undone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    There are a ton of characters not in Death Metal. Just because an event is happening doesn't mean every single comic has to be involved with it.

Action Comics and Young Justice are also written by the same writer. It's easier to keep continuity in order, even if stories are taking place at different times, when the same writer is handling them.
    Not every single character, but Bart not being in Speed Metal while Jay,Barry,Wallace and Wally are makes me worrying about the status of the YJ.
    I mean CONNER also has lost much of his history (if you read ACTION COMICS and YJ you know what I mean) and this is like another thing which makes me worrying about the status of YJ.

As far as I understand the current timeline JSA isnt back in history or?

Yeah, and technically, Avery IS a Justice Leaguer. Just not on the US based team.

The only thing undisputed is that Barry and Jay are the most important members of the Flash Family. Wally's a clear #3 with everyone else way behind. Wallace was just used because he's the latest thing... but how do we know the next reboot won't toss him in the trash? His counterpart isn't in the TV show any more.
    Not really....
    For JL only the american Version counts, because otherwise you can also say that YJ is technically the JL.

Barts and Conners Teen Titans should be ranked higher than Damians and Wallace Team, because of their feats (encounters with Superboy Prime etc.).
    JSA existed BEFORE JL, but JL is the better known and (if you dont count the Spectre as JSA member) the more powerful team.

Bart is also Wallys chosen follower and was THE FLASH for some time and during this time he was confirmed to be the fastest FLASH ever.

Astonishing Member

Fastest Flash ever who could barely outrun a laser. Didn't really hold up.

Also similarly bloviated writing was given to Wally in Flash Forward. I wouldn't hammer home how "important" someone is based on some off the cuff power level wank in a comic. Narrative purpose is much more important. Wally's entire character arc was surpassing Barry and he was still beaten off screen in Metal. Power levels don't matter to an event comic. It'll go how the writer wants it to go and he'll include the characters he wants to include, given editorial permission.

Not every single character, but Bart not being in Speed Metal while Jay,Barry,Wallace and Wally are makes me worrying about the status of the YJ.
    I mean CONNER also has lost much of his history (if you read ACTION COMICS and YJ you know what I mean) and this is like another thing which makes me worrying about the status of YJ.
    Young Justice is written by one of DC's highest profile writers right now. Unless he decides he wants to leave the book, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

As far as I understand the current timeline JSA isnt back in history or?
    They came back in Doomsday Clock and were used in Snyder's Justice League in the lead-up to Death Metal. Snyder's also confirmed they have a minor role in Death Metal.

Bart is also Wallys chosen follower and was THE FLASH for some time and during this time he was confirmed to be the fastest FLASH ever.
    Bart as Flash only lasted 13 issues. I wouldn't say he was Flash "for some time."