Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Batman Begins (2005) 15th anniversary this week.

15 years on. Still the best comic book origin movie and one of the best comic book films ever made. I love the film to this day hence my username.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    15 years on. Still the best comic book origin movie and one of the best comic book films ever made. I love the film to this day hence my username.
    I would disagree on all that.
    The best CBM origin is probably X-Men: First Class.
    And no not one of the Best CBM, unless your best list is over 10 movies long.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I would disagree on all that.
    The best CBM origin is probably X-Men: First Class.
    And no not one of the Best CBM, unless your best list is over 10 movies long.
    Blasphemy

My favourite CBM and also my favourite of the Nolan trilogy (the Prestige being my favourite Nolan movie). BB made me hate the 1st Iron Man for years as IM is so closely following BB's formula

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Blasphemy

My favourite CBM and also my favourite of the Nolan trilogy (the Prestige being my favourite Nolan movie). BB made me hate the 1st Iron Man for years as IM is so closely following BB's formula
    Good for you. The only worthy Nolan movie is Memento.
    Iron Man is the best MCU movie, how can you love Batman Begins and hate this one ???

Astonishing Member

Batman Begins has inspired a vast chunk of all live-action superhero media over the last 15 years or so in some form or the other. Iron Man, The Amazing Spider-Man, Arrow and its spin-offs, the Netflix Marvel shows, Man of Steel, Wonder Woman...the list goes on.

In that regard, I'd argue its probably THE most influential superhero movie, at least in the 21st century. More so than The Dark Knight which is probably one of the greatest films of all time, but I'd argue wasn't half as influential on the superhero genre as Begins was.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Can't disagree with this, It's just about as perfect a Batman movie as one can get.

It's the first live-action Batman movie to give Bruce Wayne actual focus and character development and give Jim Gordon a personality and relevant role in the story. Not even the "Oh so perfect" Mask of the Phantasm checked all those boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Batman Begins has inspired a vast chunk of all live-action superhero media over the last 15 years or so in some form or the other. Iron Man, The Amazing Spider-Man, Arrow and its spin-offs, the Netflix Marvel shows, Man of Steel, Wonder Woman...the list goes on.

In that regard, I'd argue its probably THE most influential superhero movie, at least in the 21st century. More so than The Dark Knight which is probably one of the greatest films of all time, but I'd argue wasn't half as influential on the superhero genre as Begins was.
    No it hasn't inspired anything.
    Lots of CBMs came before. And much better ones.

Astonishing Member

This to me is rather unbelievable.

Fifteen years. That's the same year as Infinite Crisis ended, 52, and Morrison's Batman run began, as well as Johns' Green Lantern really kicking into gear. All that stuff was 15 years ago.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

No it hasn't inspired anything.
    Lots of CBMs came before. And much better ones.
    Care to mention any?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    Care to mention any?
    • Burton's Batman for 2
    • Hellboy
    • A history of violance
    • The Mask
    • Road to Perdition
    • Sin City
    • Spider-Man for 1&2
    • Superman (1978)
    • V for Vendetta
    • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Here you have it

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

• Burton's Batman for 2
    • Hellboy
    • A history of violance
    • The Mask
    • Road to Perdition
    • Sin City
    • Spider-Man for 1&2
    • Superman (1978)
    • V for Vendetta
    • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Here you have it
    I don't think one of theese movies is as good (in craftsmanship) or rewatchable as Begins. Maybe Spider-Man 2. Superman is probably an inspiration for Begins. That's all I take from your post.

Aside from stuff that will probably praised anyway... I really dug the casting of Rutger Hauer, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Bale.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 06-17-2020 at 04:18 AM.

The best Batman movie
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Don't tell anybody...but I...like Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight (I actually thought the Nolan Batman movies went downward in quality, not to say that they are poor movies (quite the opposite))

Spectacular Member

Wow…. Can't believe it’s been 15 years since Batman Begins was released. I remember watching this movie in the cinema as a kid. It completely blew me away!! Still one of my favourite movie till today.

BANNED

One of my all time favourite films. And explains why I have a major crush on Christopher Nolan, the man appreciates a good yarn. So nice to be treated as an adult.