Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    King's problem is that his style doesn't fit on going books or events while he truly shine in mini and small books.
    I think that's true - with the honourable exception of "Grayson", where he had Seeley's sensibilities to work alongside.

I think I'm right in saying that the "War Of Jokes And Riddles" arc in his "Batman" run was intended to be a 12 issue King/Gerards maxi-series that got ported into his main run - it's not hard to imagine it being an improvement in it's original form.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I think that's true - with the honourable exception of "Grayson", where he had Seeley's sensibilities to work alongside.

I think I'm right in saying that the "War Of Jokes And Riddles" arc in his "Batman" run was intended to be a 12 issue King/Gerards maxi-series that got ported into his main run - it's not hard to imagine it being an improvement in it's original form.
    You are correct, that was his original intention.

Nothing so far really showed Adam as being a bad guy so my guess would be that down the road he had to do some ugly things to save the day or something like that. Unless pages that focus on him are from the "book" and are lies?

On one hand I liked that King tried to showcase Terrific in this issue, on the other hand it got kinda boring towards the end (thou last question was "good") so I hope that this won't be happening every time he does something.

I got a "Lady Macbeth" vibe from Alanna. I could see her being one of the main antagonists- driven by a desire to make sure Adam comes out of this ordeal on top. If she has to discredit and ruin the Justice League in the proccess, so be it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I got a "Lady Macbeth" vibe from Alanna. I could see her being one of the main antagonists- driven by a desire to make sure Adam comes out of this ordeal on top. If she has to discredit and ruin the Justice League in the proccess, so be it.
    I hope Alanna doesn't end up being the villain of this thing, particularly after King talked about how they were ignoring the 1980s Adam Strange miniseries for being too misogynistic in regards to her character.

Granted, I have been wrong about giving King the benefit of the doubt before...

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Mr Terrific was a boss in the latest issue.

Desperation is not a good look on Adam. His reaction was over the top but somewhat understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I hope Alanna doesn't end up being the villain of this thing, particularly after King talked about how they were ignoring the 1980s Adam Strange miniseries for being too misogynistic in regards to her character.

Granted, I have been wrong about giving King the benefit of the doubt before...
    What was misogynistic about the 1980s take on Alanna? I never read it so I'm curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    What was misogynistic about the 1980s take on Alanna? I never read it so I'm curious about it.
    Wasn't that the era that retconned that all Rannian males were sterile and Adam had been brought over to repopulate the species?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wasn't that the era that retconned that all Rannian males were sterile and Adam had been brought over to repopulate the species?
    ...Not surprised that probably every writer has already ignored that one, if true .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Mr Terrific was a boss in the latest issue.

Desperation is not a good look on Adam. His reaction was over the top but somewhat understandable.
    Oh Michael is absolutely stealing the show and I am 100% here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Oh Michael is absolutely stealing the show and I am 100% here for it.
    Just finished #4, I'm right there with you.

I'm truly locked in to this series. I'm really invested in how the mystery surrounding the whole war unfolds and I'm looking forward to the payoff at the end. In war there is a lot of grey area and I suspect in the end we'll find out that Adam is a fine and honorable man with the best of intentions that just ended up being pushed too far and did something that, while completely understandable, was still wrong. And I suspect what pushes Adam over the line is the death of his daughter (which is why Mr. Terrific keeps asking about her)

BTW, it's good to be back. I caught Covid and have been dealing with a lot of side effects to my breathing and lung capacity for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I'm truly locked in to this series. I'm really invested in how the mystery surrounding the whole war unfolds and I'm looking forward to the payoff at the end. In war there is a lot of grey area and I suspect in the end we'll find out that Adam is a fine and honorable man with the best of intentions that just ended up being pushed too far and did something that, while completely understandable, was still wrong. And I suspect what pushes Adam over the line is the death of his daughter (which is why Mr. Terrific keeps asking about her)

BTW, it's good to be back. I caught Covid and have been dealing with a lot of side effects to my breathing and lung capacity for months now.
    I am sorry for your illness and I hope for your complete recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post

I wish you a safe and speedy recovery!

Calling it: Adam gave Aleea to the Pykkts as part of a secret ceasefire. It's ending because she's an adult now and has been raised to kill her father.