Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Calling it: Adam gave Aleea to the Pykkts as part of a secret ceasefire. It's ending because she's an adult now and has been raised to kill her father.
    I thought the war with the Pykkts was recent? I could definitely see it playing out like you described though, riffing on “The Pact” from the Fourth World would definitely be something King is interested in for obvious reasons.

Might do some "time goes faster where Pykkts live" plot point or even have her at "normal age", but completely brainwashed.

I’m shocked I haven’t seen more people freaking the hell out about this.

spoilers:
    Sure looks like Adam Strange is a war criminal now. I’m assuming there must be a twist coming because otherwise Jesus, Strange seems to have lost his mind and the Rannians covered it all up. Losing your kid would make it understandable though. Loved that Holt was better at speaking Pykkt than Batman was. Oh and is Phoenix, Arizona just f****** gone now in the DCU? Goddamn the Pykkts have killed the most people since Chemo nuked Bludhaven!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    About your last point... dude, chill. I'd be surprised if even one writer working at DC will give that turn of events even a sliver of attention in the next six months. After that point, it will 100% go into the dustbin of "catastrophic events which were a thing in the context of a single series / story arc" comic book history is littered with.

Don't you know the new approach to continuity? "Everything happened", which in everyday English means "nothing ever happens!"

spoilers:
    Sure looks like Adam Strange is a war criminal now. I’m assuming there must be a twist coming because otherwise Jesus, Strange seems to have lost his mind and the Rannians covered it all up. Losing your kid would make it understandable though. Loved that Holt was better at speaking Pykkt than Batman was. Oh and is Phoenix, Arizona just f****** gone now in the DCU? Goddamn the Pykkts have killed the most people since Chemo nuked Bludhaven!
    end of spoilers
    I see this is going into "Tom King continuity" territory.

Yeah, for me that Pheonix thing cemented this as out of continuity story. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

I sort of see this as the "Doomsday Clock" approach, where it didn't happen unless someone else wants it to happen.

So business as usual with DC.

It's an interesting story, but anybody else feel they could tell it in 4 or 6 issues? There seems to be a lot of "something bad happened, but we won't tell you until the last issue."
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    About your last point... dude, chill. I'd be surprised if even one writer working at DC will give that turn of events even a sliver of attention in the next six months. After that point, it will 100% go into the dustbin of "catastrophic events which were a thing in the context of a single series / story arc" comic book history is littered with.

Don't you know the new approach to continuity? "Everything happened", which in everyday English means "nothing ever happens!"
    You misread my post. I’m not upset at all, I really enjoyed the last issue. But damn the Pykkts now have killed more humans thank Darkseid has in canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's an interesting story, but anybody else feel they could tell it in 4 or 6 issues? There seems to be a lot of "something bad happened, but we won't tell you until the last issue."
    I agree. Maybe longer than 6 issues, but 12 is really stretching it out.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Mister Miracle spent a looooong time showing its hand, too, but there was at least a lot of humor to help get over that hump. Aside from the truly magnificent art by Gerads and Shaner, this story is yet another slog through Tom King's tortured psyche.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    There's at least one more shoe to drop, but Phoenix is fine. They will forget about it by the time someone else remembers it on a map and sets a story there.

This book continues to be a great showing for Michael Holt and the artists who bring it to life.

Each issue is like a chess game watching Gerads and Shaner try and one-up each other.
    Last edited by Robanker; 02-03-2021 at 04:11 AM.