Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Worth noting that most Legion teams have at one Kryptonian or Daxamite, and often both. Speed still kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Worth noting that most Legion teams have at one Kryptonian or Daxamite, and often both. Speed still kills.
    Do they kill as horrifically as a very slow and deliberate nightmare creature consuming another, equally slow and deliberate nightmare creature?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Kryptonians or Daxamites against Doomsday is not guaranteed, says Dead Kal-el.

I will go for Wildfire who can produce antimatter blasts. DD, if not used to your energy powers, can be taken down by them. IIRC, in H/P was postulated that you could vaporize him. Later, he survived some pretty big blasts - like a Guardian exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Kryptonians or Daxamites against Doomsday is not guaranteed, says Dead Kal-el.

I will go for Wildfire who can produce antimatter blasts. DD, if not used to your energy powers, can be taken down by them. IIRC, in H/P was postulated that you could vaporize him. Later, he survived some pretty big blasts - like a Guardian exploding.
    We're talking pre-crisis Kryptonians and Daxamites, not post-crisis. You know, the ones on the level of "I need to go to dead solar systems when I've got to sneeze cause my sneezes wipe them out" Superman. The Kal-El Doomsday "killed" was post-crisis Kal-El, not pre-crisis.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Regardless, there aren't many versions of Doomsday that demonstrate super speed. There are few versions which are so durable Superman blitzing them doesn't do any damage, but here ring out remains an option as does just pinging the dude around enough for other legion members to lock him down or let MEL chow down.

Astonishing Member

Doomsday travels through time and ends up in the Legion of Super Heroes time. Battle is in the city. He battles each of the different variants of the legion. How does each battle go?
    Where does that specify PC Kryptonians? Many of the different variants are clearly after COIE. So which level of Legion needs to be specified. PC Legion with Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-el and Wildfire might take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Where does that specify PC Kryptonians? Many of the different variants are clearly after COIE. So which level of Legion needs to be specified. PC Legion with Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-el and Wildfire might take him.
    The PC Legion defeat Doomsday just fine and have a variety of options for doing so. Amongst them being that the very first person in that list can do things like throw compressed neutron stars around vast distances.

Any legion that also has any sort of decent superspeed bricks can just space toss the guy before he can do anything about it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I could see the Waid era reboot having some problems.

As I recall, they were kind of low on direct firepower and didn't have any kryptonians in their regular roster either.

Could Matter Eater lad eat him?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Could Matter Eater lad eat him?
    To my recollection, Waid era (Threeboot) didn't have a Matter Eater Lad.

Looking it up, they did have a Supergirl and a Mon'el later on in the run so I guess they can just space toss him.