Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    751

    Default Doomsday vs LoSH.

    Doomsday travels through time and ends up in the Legion of Super Heroes time. Battle is in the city. He battles each of the different variants of the legion. How does each battle go?

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Doomsday travels through time and ends up in the Legion of Super Heroes time. Battle is in the city. He battles each of the different variants of the legion. How does each battle go?
    Not sure but it would be funny and disturbing to see Matter Eater Lad swallow DD whole like a giant Anaconda. Now that I think about it, once, um MEL moves his bowels will DD come back immune to being eaten?

  3. #3
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Not sure but it would be funny and disturbing to see Matter Eater Lad swallow DD whole like a giant Anaconda. Now that I think about it, once, um MEL moves his bowels will DD come back immune to being eaten?
    He'll be immune to being turned into crap.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He'll be immune to being turned into crap.
    So if MEL eats him again he'll just crap out a full blown Doomsday?

  5. #5
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    So if MEL eats him again he'll just crap out a full blown Doomsday?
    Which should kill MEL, yea.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,180

    Default

    the Matter Eater Lad that can eat the Miracle Machine is a Matter Eater Lad Doomsday is not coming back from being eaten by.

    Now, he shouldn't necessarily get the chance to do so per se, but then again if the rest of the team can both protect him and keep Doomsday occupied long enough, he could totally start chowing down.

  7. #7
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    the Matter Eater Lad that can eat the Miracle Machine is a Matter Eater Lad Doomsday is not coming back from being eaten by.

    Now, he shouldn't necessarily get the chance to do so per se, but then again if the rest of the team can both protect him and keep Doomsday occupied long enough, he could totally start chowing down.
    I feel like Silver Age DC was just a Mad Libs with extra steps.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,180

    Default

    Hey. Hey.

    It's just as explainable because drugs.

  9. #9
    Death of Time Cronus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    "Is that you Jim Starlin? Is this me?"
    "Before I met you, I'd go whole days without massacring a bunch of things. Honest."

  10. #10
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,623

    Default



    "dont forget about me."

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He'll be immune to being turned into crap.
    Jeph Loeb: "Hold my beer."

  12. #12
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Jeph Loeb: "Hold my beer."
    Loeb: Instead of H/P Doomsday, let's call him T/P Doomsday.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  13. #13
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    191

    Default

    I can't really think of Doomsday as being something other than a somewhat meaner but also unsupported Validus. He might be more focused, but the Legion has the tools to take Doomsday down.

  14. #14
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    the Matter Eater Lad that can eat the Miracle Machine is a Matter Eater Lad Doomsday is not coming back from being eaten by.

    Now, he shouldn't necessarily get the chance to do so per se, but then again if the rest of the team can both protect him and keep Doomsday occupied long enough, he could totally start chowing down.
    PC Karate Kid uses his magic future martial arts to tear Doomsday to pieces and feeds the pieces to Matter Eater Lad while the rest of the LoSH watch on in silent horror.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    PC Karate Kid uses his magic future martial arts to tear Doomsday to pieces and feeds the pieces to Matter Eater Lad while the rest of the LoSH watch on in silent horror.
    You say silent horror, but that resolution is basically only about as drugged out as some of the ways Legion plotlines have resolved. I feel like they're pretty jaded to that kind of thing by now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •