Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Doomsday vs LoSH.

Doomsday travels through time and ends up in the Legion of Super Heroes time. Battle is in the city. He battles each of the different variants of the legion. How does each battle go?

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Doomsday travels through time and ends up in the Legion of Super Heroes time. Battle is in the city. He battles each of the different variants of the legion. How does each battle go?
    Not sure but it would be funny and disturbing to see Matter Eater Lad swallow DD whole like a giant Anaconda. Now that I think about it, once, um MEL moves his bowels will DD come back immune to being eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Not sure but it would be funny and disturbing to see Matter Eater Lad swallow DD whole like a giant Anaconda. Now that I think about it, once, um MEL moves his bowels will DD come back immune to being eaten?
    He'll be immune to being turned into crap.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So if MEL eats him again he'll just crap out a full blown Doomsday?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    So if MEL eats him again he'll just crap out a full blown Doomsday?
    Which should kill MEL, yea.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

the Matter Eater Lad that can eat the Miracle Machine is a Matter Eater Lad Doomsday is not coming back from being eaten by.

Now, he shouldn't necessarily get the chance to do so per se, but then again if the rest of the team can both protect him and keep Doomsday occupied long enough, he could totally start chowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    the Matter Eater Lad that can eat the Miracle Machine is a Matter Eater Lad Doomsday is not coming back from being eaten by.

Now, he shouldn't necessarily get the chance to do so per se, but then again if the rest of the team can both protect him and keep Doomsday occupied long enough, he could totally start chowing down.
    I feel like Silver Age DC was just a Mad Libs with extra steps.

Arx Inosaan

Hey. Hey.

It's just as explainable because drugs.

"Is that you Jim Starlin? Is this me?"
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"dont forget about me."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Jeph Loeb: "Hold my beer."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Jeph Loeb: "Hold my beer."
    Loeb: Instead of H/P Doomsday, let's call him T/P Doomsday.

Arx Inosaan

Spectacular Member

I can't really think of Doomsday as being something other than a somewhat meaner but also unsupported Validus. He might be more focused, but the Legion has the tools to take Doomsday down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

PC Karate Kid uses his magic future martial arts to tear Doomsday to pieces and feeds the pieces to Matter Eater Lad while the rest of the LoSH watch on in silent horror.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    PC Karate Kid uses his magic future martial arts to tear Doomsday to pieces and feeds the pieces to Matter Eater Lad while the rest of the LoSH watch on in silent horror.
    You say silent horror, but that resolution is basically only about as drugged out as some of the ways Legion plotlines have resolved. I feel like they're pretty jaded to that kind of thing by now.