Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The blame starts from the top.
    In this case, the top starts withy the person making nonsensical claims that he refuses to clarify. Which is you.

Some. Ragnarok should have been drama.
    "I didn't like it. Therefore it sucks and nobody else should have liked it either." That's been your entire argument so far.

The pre-Disney Marvel stuff was not very lightened, that is a flat out lie. Tobey Maguire's Spiderman constant mid life crises let the films escape been as Disney eque as MCU Spiderman and don't get me started on X-Men.
    Really? You don't consider his dance sequence when he got the black costume to be light hearted? The Bruce Campbell appearances? Anything that involved Jameson? Heck, Peter cried Tally-ho the first time he tried web swinging. He was very much an over the top silly character.

I know you can't copy and paste a decade of story but it doesn't have much to do with a movie becoming Disney eque. That has more to do with selling a product than making a movie from a book.
    Yet, you have so far declined to tell us what makes a movie "Disney eque" (By the way. It's one word. Disneyesque.)

If you mistreat the story or lessen the story, its right to call it dumbed down. It has nothing to do with copying and pasting 20 issues of comics to a film.
    So far you've been using it to mean "Story I didn't like."

I can't remember many of the orgy jokes from Ragnarok, I remember most from Deadpool because Deadpool is probably the most least Disney marvel film ever made. it was if deadpool was spiting in the face of mickey mouse about their so called family oriented movies. if you want to keep bringing up orgies, Deadpool is the best film to use.
    Nah.

Deadpool was still a light hearted comedy with a central theme about romance and learning to accept who you are.. That's very Disney. You want a non-Disney movie, you need to look towards Blade, Punisher, or Fan4stic. (I'd recommend against that last one though. It's not very much of a movie at all.)

Ragnarok is Disney eque, it could have been different if Ragnarok had gone more of the 300 route, that would have been one of the least Disney Marvel films and truer to the comics.
    Yes. If Ragnarok was different it would be different. If Herbie the Love Bug was more like Nightmare on Elm Street it would have been a different movie too. In fact, if most things weren't like they were, they'd be like something else.

More accurate though? Not really. Just different.

The blame starts from the top.

Some. Ragnarok should have been drama.

The pre-Disney Marvel stuff was not very lightened, that is a flat out lie. Tobey Maguire's Spiderman constant mid life crises let the films escape been as Disney eque as MCU Spiderman and don't get me started on X-Men. Tobey's Spiderman was also more of a street fighter, like the comics.

I know you can't copy and paste a decade of story but it doesn't have much to do with a movie becoming Disney eque. That has more to do with selling a product than making a movie from a book.

If you mistreat the story or lessen the story, its right to call it dumbed down. It has nothing to do with copying and pasting 20 issues of comics to a film.

Some minds wonder too much to orgy and sex. Unless used well in the context of the film, its plain irrelevant to argue for it. I can't remember many of the orgy jokes from Ragnarok, I remember most from Deadpool because Deadpool is probably the most least Disney marvel film ever made. it was if deadpool was spiting in the face of mickey mouse about their so called family oriented movies. if you want to keep bringing up orgies, Deadpool is the best film to use.
    Ragnarok is Disney eque, it could have been different if Ragnarok had gone more of the 300 route, that would have been one of the least Disney Marvel films and truer to the comics.
    300 sucked.

Okay, some deletions and lots of edits today.

Let me reiterate some rules for everyone.

1. Civil discussion is the rule of the day. Enough with the sniping and snark.

2. Personal insults and accusations that don't go to the topic at hand don't belong.

3. Posts that do nothing but encourage and cheer on such behavior are also out of line.

Stick to the topic, not the poster.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Antman.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Antman.

Would you have preferred Ant-Man climbing up someone’s butt and exploding them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Would you have preferred Ant-Man climbing up someone’s butt and exploding them?
    But that would have been "mature"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    300 sucked.
    A 300 eque Ragnarok would have been embraced by hardcore fans who read the comics. Some Thor fans have disowned Thor because they don’t like the direction of Raganork and later with Endgame. Thor is less of his marvel’s self in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    In this case, the top starts withy the person making nonsensical claims that he refuses to clarify. Which is you.
    I did clarify there was a distinction between Marvel and Disney. In recent years Disney is overpowering marvel.
    "I didn't like it. Therefore it sucks and nobody else should have liked it either." That's been your entire argument so far.
    Likeness is not part of the equation. The original story was written more as a drama with action. Ragnarök was in civil war, one of the most dramatic marvel events. The movie becoming a comedy made it more Disney eque and less marvel.

Really? You don't consider his dance sequence when he got the black costume to be light hearted? The Bruce Campbell appearances? Anything that involved Jameson? Heck, Peter cried Tally-ho the first time he tried web swinging. He was very much an over the top silly character.
    If you are referring to tobey maguire as an over the top silly character, I would say that is crap, anyone can see the major difference between tobey maguire and Disney spiderman.
    So far you've been using it to mean "Story I didn't like."
    It should be of no secret that many won’t like dumbed down movies of a book. Its human biology to feel that way.

Deadpool was still a light hearted comedy with a central theme about romance and learning to accept who you are.. That's very Disney. You want a non-Disney movie, you need to look towards Blade, Punisher, or Fan4stic. (I'd recommend against that last one though. It's not very much of a movie at all.)
    If Deadpool was like a Disney movie why would Disney trash the movie, hating that it ever existed? Disney was not a fan of Deadpool in 2016 and they made it clear.

Yes. If Ragnarok was different it would be different. If Herbie the Love Bug was more like Nightmare on Elm Street it would have been a different movie too. In fact, if most things weren't like they were, they'd be like something else.

More accurate though? Not really. Just different.
    Ragnarok comics was fantastic. The movie should have relied on the comics as a marvel film than going the route of light hearted comedy.

Edit: Never mind. Not going to waste my time.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 06-18-2020 at 06:39 AM.

A 300 eque Ragnarok would have been embraced by hardcore fans who read the comics. Some Thor fans have disowned Thor because they don’t like the direction of Raganork and later with Endgame. Thor is less of his marvel’s self in the movie.

I did clarify there was a distinction between Marvel and Disney. In recent years Disney is overpowering marvel.

Likeness is not part of the equation. The original story was written more as a drama with action. Ragnarök was in civil war, one of the most dramatic marvel events. The movie becoming a comedy made it more Disney eque and less marvel.

If you are referring to tobey maguire as an over the top silly character, I would say that is crap, anyone can see the major difference between tobey maguire and Disney spiderman.

It should be of no secret that many won’t like dumbed down movies of a book. Its human biology to feel that way.

If Deadpool was like a Disney movie why would Disney trash the movie, hating that it ever existed? Disney was not a fan of Deadpool in 2016 and they made it clear.

Ragnarok comics was fantastic. The movie should have relied on the comics as a marvel film than going the route of light hearted comedy.
    Thor Ragnarok made 854 million at the Box Office has a RT Critic Score of 93% and Audience Score of 87%, a A Cinemascore, and a 74% Metacritic Score. The film was a hit with most as for Thor fans upset by it well try being a Cyclops Fan like me.

BANNED

Thor Ragnarok made 854 million at the Box Office has a RT Critic Score of 93% and Audience Score of 87%, a A Cinemascore, and a 74% Metacritic Score. The film was a hit with most as for Thor fans upset by it well try being a Cyclops Fan like me.
    rotten tomatoes = garbage
    box office =garbage
    audience score = garbage.

its all garbage as it does not help the distinction of the least Disney marvel films. Thanks for informing me critics don't know what they are talking about. What is the rt score and box office of Joker? A DC movie in the purist form not a bugs bunny film.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-18-2020 at 08:05 AM.

box office =garbage

its all garbage as it does not help the distinction of the least Disney marvel films. Thanks for informing me critics don't know what they are talking about. What is the rt score and box office of Joker? A DC movie in the purist form not a bugs bunny film.
    So you're saying Box Office, Critics, and Audience doesn't matter just your opinion? Well then Bye Felicia.

box office =garbage

"Why is everyone wrong but me?"

BANNED

So you're saying Box Office, Critics, and Audience doesn't matter just your opinion? Well then Bye Felicia.
    https://www.newindianexpress.com/ent...o-1808742.html
    Martin Scorsese blasts review aggregator websites Rotten Tomatoes and CinemaScore for 'devaluation of cinema'

Please name me anyone of credibility that has told us rotten tomatoes is worthy. what is the RT score of Last Jedi and force awakens?

I heard star wars rise of skywalker audience score has been 86% after 6 months and after more votes.

the real rottenness of a movie is when rotten tomatoes is brought to the mix. I don't see how rotten tomatoes answers the question of the most Disney marvel films or the least of them.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-18-2020 at 10:22 AM.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/ent...o-1808742.html
    Martin Scorsese blasts review aggregator websites Rotten Tomatoes and CinemaScore for 'devaluation of cinema'

Please name me anyone of credibility that has told us rotten tomatoes is worthy. what is the RT score of Last Jedi and force awakens?
    How is Martin Scorsese "anyone of credibility?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    How is Martin Scorsese "anyone of credibility?"
    Are you kidding?