Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Ravencroft stuff by Frank Tieri

It's a pretty solid Misty Knight/Man-Wolf story if you read everything in proper sequence. Featuring loads of interesting characters from the Marvel Universe.

Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors #1-3
    Ruins of Ravencroft: Carnage #1
    Ruins of Ravencroft: Dracula #1
    Ruins of Ravencroft: Sabretooth #1
    Ravencroft #1-5

And yes I know the last issue isn't out yet, but still... I've enjoyed it. This is the only Spider-Man related thing I've read in ages. Hope it all gets collected in one volume down the line.

Any fans?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Lethal Protectors was awesome, very reminiscent of John Carpenter's Thing. I did find it interesting that they had Cletus be the descendant of America's first serial killer.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Lethal Protectors was awesome, very reminiscent of John Carpenter's Thing. I did find it interesting that they had Cletus be the descendant of America's first serial killer.
    Yeah, I guess murder really does run in the family, so to speak. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how they explain Ashley Kafka being back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I guess not too many bothered with these tie-ins

BANNED

I thought one of the most interesting aspects of these books is that they establish a new status quo for Norman Osborn. I hope it sticks for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I thought one of the most interesting aspects of these books is that they establish a new status quo for Norman Osborn. I hope it sticks for a while
    Same here. New ways for him to mess with Peter, too.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Haven't read them, is Norman in them at all?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Yup Norman is there and Kingsley Hobgoblin too. man I hate how the last 2 issues are digital only, I wanted the complete series bagged boarded in my longboxed filed damnit

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    He's not just in them, he's the head consultant/administrator for Ravencroft, appointed by Mayor Wilson Fisk himself.

All-New Member

Kingpin,Norman,Hobgoblin,Scorpion & Even Manwolf is in it.
    Also Punisher I think has a cameo in it as well.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Tieri is good with street level characters. I'll get Ravencroft in trades because I liked his Catwoman a lot.

Incredible Member

I've just read RAVENCROFT #5 and the end of the mini is awesome there are some cameos from characters we haven't seen in a while and who I didn't expect to see again (no spoilers in this though, I presume someone else will do a spoilers thread)

Tieri has reminded me what an excellent writer he is.
    Last edited by James Hunter; 07-01-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I've just read RAVENCROFT #5 and the end of the mini is awesome there are some cameos from characters we haven't seen in a while and who I didn't expect to see again (no spoilers in this though, I presume someone else will do a spoilers thread)

man it was so good, damnit, we have 3 of the 5 issues in print already, marvel need to release this issue and the one before, i want it in my longbox and clean bag and boards. in my collection, such a great series.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    man it was so good, damnit, we have 3 of the 5 issues in print already, marvel need to release this issue and the one before, i want it in my longbox and clean bag and boards. in my collection, such a great series.
    Agreed. At the very least, it did answer a question I had in my earlier post here, and tied back quite well to past Spider-Man events. Looking forward to seeing where Ravencroft goes from here.

All-New Member

The Ravencroft series was a disappointment. The story is a mess. Only about half of the plot elements get resolutions by the end of the final issue. There are some fun cameos by different characters and call outs to Marvel history, but they're not used for anything. Many key moments in the final issue happen off panel and are only referred to in dialog.

It doesn't help that the solicitation texts and the covers bear no resemblance to what happens in the comics themselves. It's as if the editor and the writer had complete different ideas of what the story was going to be.