View Poll Results: Which is the best Gwen Stacy?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • The original one

7 35.00%
  • Spider-Gwen

13 65.00%

Default Which is the best Gwen Stacy?

On one side, the girlfriend of Peter Parker, the one that had a tragic death. No powers, and a supporting character in Peter's book.

On the other, the one and only Spider-Woman of Earth-65. A lead character on her own right, and never a helpless victim.

Which one do you like best?

By the way, yes, I know that there are a few other notable ones, such as Ultimate Gwen and Emma Stone's Gwen. But to keep things focused, let's stick to the main ones.

Spectacular Member

It has to be gwen stacy from earth-65 for sure. I find her story and character more interesting compared to gwen stacy from earth-616. Plus, she’s Spider-Gwen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    It has to be gwen stacy from earth-65 for sure. I find her story and character more interesting compared to gwen stacy from earth-616. Plus, she’s Spider-Gwen!
    Ghost Spider is preferable to 616. I have yet to see the great pre ASM 121 issue that was great because of Gwen ( obviously the Master Planner Saga was great but not because of Gwen).

Spider-Gwen is my favorite, but I'll always have a soft spot for Ultimate Gwen Stacy. She had an edge to her. And she had a unique personality that set her apart. She really shined throughout that series.

Also, I think the Gwen in Spectacular Spider-Man was underrated.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spider-Gwen, hands down, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I don't think they're directly comparable. They serve completely different functions.

Spider-Man's world works better with a Gwen Stacy who doesn't have super powers and isn't a super-hero. But Spider-Gwen is a very good character in her own world where she is the protagonist.

I think it's a mistake that recent cartoons have had the two (Spider-Man and Ghost-Spider) co-exist in the same world by default. I understand why they did it, but I think it weakens both characters. Ghost-Spider should have her own show/movie, set in her own world.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    By the way, yes, I know that there are a few other notable ones, such as Ultimate Gwen and Emma Stone's Gwen. But to keep things focused, let's stick to the main ones.
    When you think about it, Spider-Gwen kind of feels like the evolution of Ultimate Gwen.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Goth > Kindred > Ditko-Chan > Arachnid-Gwendoline > Go-Go Karen
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Goth > Kindred > Ditko-Chan > Arachnid-Gwendoline > Go-Go Karen
    Hahahaha, I love this so much, thank you Snoop.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    When you think about it, Spider-Gwen kind of feels like the evolution of Ultimate Gwen.
    I guess the punk rock/Goth tough girl aesthetic of Ultimate Gwen does kind of lend itself to what Earth-65 Gwen ended up being.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Spectacular Spider-Man's Gwen Stacy