Default Solo coming to Disney+ next month

Not a big deal, but I think it'll probably get 4K streaming which I don't think the current Netflix version (Which is why it wasn't on before) has.

This also completes all the theatrical films on the service, unless you count the original versions of the OT, the 3D version of the Phantom Menace and the Ewok movies (Which had theatrical runs in some countries).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not a big deal, but I think it'll probably get 4K streaming which I don't think the current Netflix version (Which is why it wasn't on before) has.

This also completes all the theatrical films on the service, unless you count the original versions of the OT, the 3D version of the Phantom Menace and the Ewok movies (Which had theatrical runs in some countries).
    Hopefully those ewok movies get buried forever. Talk about depressing movies. Twelve year old me liked the ewoks and thought they were cool.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Hopefully those ewok movies get buried forever. Talk about depressing movies. Twelve year old me liked the ewoks and thought they were cool.
    I still think the first Ewok movie holds up really well.

Yeah, the second one pretty much wipes out most of the family from the first (although this is, when you think about it, a Star Wars trope-it kind of what sends Luke, Anakin & Rey on the point of no return in their "journeys")

There are a few interesting elements-the Blurrgs of course were brought back for Clone Wars, Rebels and (especially) Mandalorian.

Apparentally they're based on ESB concept art, I'm guessing for what eventually became the Tauntaun.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I still think the first Ewok movie holds up really well.
    I think it was the second which killed all of the Ewoks but one.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Got the Solo BluRay, but haven't seen it since the theaters. Haven't really had the urge. Probably next time I watch all of them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Release the Lord and Miller cut.

Nah, just kidding.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I think it was the second which killed all of the Ewoks but one.
    No, Cindel, the human girl, loses her whole family. Some Ewoks are killed by Marauders, but most were just taken as prisoners. With Noa’s (Wilford “Diabeetus” Brimley) help, those Ewoks are freed and help in the final battle against the Marauders.